Police Officers Shot in Dallas #2

Yeah how dare Mr. Philandro Castile have a broken tail light and a licence to carry a firearm! Dude had what was coming.

He could have, as its not yet clear as to what transpired before he got shot.....I'll revert back to the Ferguson shooting.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Especially if you're black, it appears.

Why hasn't the NRA commented on one of the "Good guys with a gun" being murdered in cold blood.

Colion Noir spoke to both shootings......a black NRA spokesman.

The Young Blk Gun Owner in me wants to scream bloody murder!! The lawyer in me keeps saying, wait for all the facts
I hate race baiters of any race. They undermine valid grievances when they do occur and destroy honest dialogue

The crazy U.S. veteran story goes way back to at least the Vietnam War. Normalized and stereotyped in Hollywood long ago.

For sure, with the media, they require a nice tight box to put every category of event into.

No, as usual you only insinuate the things you arent brave enough to say, they choose to pursue criminals, the choose to be in danger, they choose to risk thier lives, they are paid to risk thier lives. But they aren't.

I said they fear for their lives.

Not really sure what your issue is here.

Edited by jacee

It's only not clear to you, Derek, because you haven't bothered to find out.

Perhaps you should make yourself available to the courts in the US. They are going to need people who are clear on what happened. You can explain it to them.

When Tyrone kills Jerome he goes to jail for the rest is of his life but when officer Bob kills Jerome he goes home to his kids while receiving full pay.

That's why black on black crime has nothing to do with this conversation.

Is that Falcon Heights some sort of a posh area where black people stand out immediately by "not belonging there"?

Falcon Heights is a small, first ring suburb of St. Paul, Minnesota with a population of about 6,000. There are major arterial roads for commuters in the city, and it is home to one of the most successful state fairs in the United States, attracting millions of diverse people each year. The city has no police department, so it contracts for services with another small city nearby (St. Anthony Police Department). Officer Jeronimo Yanez from the St. Anthony Police Dept. fired the shots that killed concealed carry permit holder Philando Castile.

When Tyrone kills Jerome he goes to jail for the rest is of his life but when officer Bob kills Jerome he goes home to his kids while receiving full pay.

That's why black on black crime has nothing to do with this conversation.

Average time served for homicide in the USA is 6 years.

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/PSATSFV.PDF

And black on black crime matters because, as one of the cites I posted says, when police are constantly being summoned to deal with the high crime rates in black areas they're going to have a lot of interaction with black criminals.

Edited by Argus

The killer would go to jail or the chair.

That's the difference.

Police who murder ... go back on the job.

The police are allowed to "murder" if their life is threatened. We the people give them that right to do so. The people that get shot are the people who do not listen to what they are being told by the officer to do. Just shut up and get down like they are telling you to do. Don't fight back. You want to get shot then don't do as you are told. Short, sweet and simple.

Is that Falcon Heights some sort of a posh area where black people stand out immediately by "not belonging there"?

Not fair. Look we know there is a serious problem between black communities and police in many communities. But comments like yours do what?

Some cop tactics are caused by racism. Some are caused by police officers fearing anyone with a gun or developing a common phenomena known as "siege mentality" form certain phenomena that happen when you are constantly exposed to people being violent, angry or constantly see domestic violence, poverty, depravity.

Simply making comments like yours they don't dig to the issues they just repeat catch phrases.

I criticize all people for doing this me included.

I liked what Trevor Noah said the other day on his show. You don't have to be anti police to be anti racist or pro black.

The real issue is we should be pro both police and blacks and all humans. We should all be against violence of anyone and in my opinion the real issue black or white is how ready access to guns and unemployment mixed together make whites, blacks, anyone capable of going bad and violent.

I hate guns, I hate them. I hate what they are doing to the US and both black and white people.

The police are allowed to "murder" if their life is threatened. We the people give them that right to do so. The people that get shot are the people who do not listen to what they are being told by the officer to do. Just shut up and get down like they are telling you to do. Don't fight back. You want to get shot then don't do as you are told. Short, sweet and simple.

The first two sentences are idiotic in content the rest unfortunately true.

Police are never allowed to murder. They are allowed to use justifiable force to defend themselves if threatened. There's a huge difference and clearly your mind won't get the difference and I wouldn't waste my time even trying to explain the law to you. We the people do not give and can not give anyone the right to murder. In fact the laws that give the police their powers come from politicians we elect and delegate to pass laws. Those laws are broad.

Actual police training and techniques used on the street do not come from you and thank God for that.

Police training in the US and Canada, everywhere, face serious challenges when there is wide spread gun possession, poverty, drug addiction.

Police training is challenged because today we want a police officer to be a soldier, social worker, teacher, psychic, all in on and those roles come into conflict.

You have zero credibility on this thread. You've already chosen in other threads to pose as a white supremacist.

Not by cops who kill.

Cops who kill. You say that as a generalized category. Hear me out please. There are many different reasons cops "kill".

Some like that video showing a police officer shoot a black man in his back and plant a gun on them, show murder.

In Montreal a police officer learned out his car window driving slowly harassing a young man from Haiti calling him names. The

you man ran. In Haiti where he was from, the legacy of police being agents of terror is already deeply entrenched in h is psyche. Then he's

harassed so he panicked and ran. He was then shot in the back cold blooded. That's here in Canada.

That's outrageous and those two are probably examples of racism.

But not all cases are the same. In many the person has a gun and is violent and their skin colour is not the issue, their violence and gun is.

Whether you are white or black, when an officer approaches your car on a stop, they have to think the worst especially in the states.

Yes certain cops profile and harass. Others are keeping gang members in check to protect blacks and whites from them.

I hate it when pimps, gang members, hide behind their skin colour and call it racist shaking them down on the street.

Now many think its easy to know who is good or bad on the street-yah sure.

I know young black men I have defended in court whose sole problem was being black in a certain kind of car at a certain time of night.

Then again I know some nasty people fitting the same profile.

So?

Do any of you thing you know the difference between a good or bad person black or white on the street?

We all need to step back and cool the rhetoric down. Neither police or blacks should be stereotyped with blanket negative assumptions. Its wrong either way. That said man there are complex issues on the street and I am telling you the law is imperfect and works very slowly but it has changed and will change and attitudes in policing are changing.

After the shooting of police officers in Dallas black people reached out to police. That's a strong message that will make those cops reach back. From these tragedies we can only hope new understandings arise because of the horrors we all witnessed and no one wants.

You've already chosen in other threads to pose as a white supremacist.

That's a pretty serious allegation, and not the first time someone on these boards has said things of that nature about taxme. Can you link to any particular posts where he's identified himself as such?

Well, that's the way it's supposed to work. And that's usually the way it DOES work. But when you have three quarters of a million armed cops out there, you're going to see some mistakes being made, some poor judgement exhibited, and some cretins getting into trouble. Sometimes I wonder if they bother to test for IQ given some of the dumb things I've seen cops do.