police shootings in US and Obama's comments

I don't know much about the dude in the car, but the guy in the red shirt (Sterling) deserved what he got.

Black police officer tells colleague who shot Alton Sterling to

'Take the uniform off and put the KKK hoodie on'

'How dare you stand next to me in the same uniform and murder somebody?'

He was carrying a gun in his pocket ... legally.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/06/alton-sterling-baton-rouge-investigation-department-of-justice

In the cellphone video, one officer can be heard shouting Hes got a gun. Gun, shortly before shots ring out off-camera. The stores owner, Abdul Muflahi, told local news that one officer had first used a Taser on Sterling before the struggle occurred and that officers shot him four to six times.

Muflahi added that Sterling did not have the gun in his hands at the time the officers opened fire, but he witnessed police remove a firearm from his pocket after he was killed.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/alton-sterling-shooting-video-baton-rouge-police-killing-black-man-a7124421.html?amp

The video clip was filmed by Abdullah Muflahi, the owner of the convenience store outside which the shooting occurred. The police officers had been called after reports that a man selling CDs outside the convenience store had threatened someone with a gun.

Mr Muflahi told reporters: I was just in shock. They shot him three times, and rolled off of him. Then they shot him three more times.

Thats his gun they are taking out of his pocket.

As soon as I finished the video, I put my phone in my pocket. I knew they would take it from me, if they knew I had it. They took my security camera videos. They told me they had a warrant, but didnt show me one. So I kept this video for myself. Otherwise, what proof do I have?

That's quite an assumption. You saying no white people are ever killed by the police? I think it should be obvious that carrying a gun increases the risk of being shot by the police no matter what your colour.

Agreed...this point is emphasized in concealed carry permit classes, as well as the many legal entanglements one will encounter from concealed carry and use of a firearm. Like "white people", many "black people" exercise their gun rights legally (and illegally).

Agreed...this point is emphasized in concealed carry permit classes, as well as the many legal entanglements one will encounter from concealed carry and use of a firearm. Like "white people", many "black people" exercise their gun rights legally (and illegally).

Dallas, Louisiana, Minnesota incidents reveal who America's gun rights are for, critics say

Legal or not, 'if you're an African-American with a gun, you're a threat' in the eyes of law enforcement

A Social Experiment:

Because there are no men's rights groups at all...

Not like they are slandered by the media or excluded by organizations like pride toronto or anything...

Maybe not the place to appropriate the pride cause and push their own agenda.

And maybe not an appropriate thread - off topic -

Start a new thread?

Sure...it's a "war"....and the police are winning. "Fight the Power !! "

...this probably seemed funnier when you posted it than it did a few hours later.

-k

Dallas, Louisiana, Minnesota incidents reveal who America's gun rights are for, critics say

Legal or not, 'if you're an African-American with a gun, you're a threat' in the eyes of law enforcement

weren't those 2 American citizens killed while doing what the NRA claims is a constitutional right? Louisiana is an open carry state... Minnesota allows concealed carry. Where's the NRA standing up for these 2... black... American's rights? Doesn't every American have a right to arm themselves without fear of being gunned down by the police! Were these not 2 "good guys" with guns? :lol:

Did you hear or see anything about the death of Dylan Noble on June 25th? Nope. There were no protests, no politicians making speeches. He was an unarmed white man shot down by police in California because... well, we're not really sure. Apparently he made a threatening move towards his waistband...

http://www.dailywire.com/news/7274/cops-shoot-white-guy-fresno-nobody-pays-attention-hank-berrien

Because he made a lot of 'mistakes' ... intentionally?:

According to Fresno police, they responded to a report that a man was walking around with a rifle. Spotting a speeding truck, they tried to accost the driver, Noble. Instead, he fled and led the police on a half-mile chase.

Noble finally entered a gas station parking lot; police asserted he kept his hands hidden, and made a "conscious effort to conceal one hand behind his back, then in his waistband, as he exited the truck, and walked away from officers," according to a press release from Fresno police.

Police said Noble muttered that he "hated his life," reversed direction and walked back toward the police, prompting them to shoot him four times.

Suicide by cop.

Very sad.

Yes, people who commit more crimes are more likely to have the police watching them.

Yes, people who commit more crimes are more likely to get charged with them.

By "people" ... you mean Black people?

By "crimes" do you mean Black men carrying legal weapons?

Edited by jacee

People more likely to commit crimes are held more accountable than people less likely to commit crimes.

OK. Thanks for clarifying.

This thought was addressed in one of the articles I cited.

But aren’t all these statistics undermined by the fact that black people are unfairly targeted and framed for crimes by police officers in the first place? Don’t higher arrest and conviction rates of blacks merely prove that police are racist? This argument is debunked by looking at the proportion of offenders identified – not by police – but by victims – as black. The National Crime Victimization Survey shows that the number of blacks arrested generally correlates with the number of offenders identified as black by victims.

oh pleeese! MLW member cybercoma has put that nonsense to bed... whether you (or MLW member Argus) are willing to recognize and acknowledge it.

Denying fundamental logic doesn't make it go away. If you have a community of people who are several times more likely to commit crimes than the white community then it will have several times more police interaction than the white community, and so it will also have more shooting incidents than the white community on a per capita basis.

This thought was addressed in one of the articles I cited.

Yes, and other studies have come to the same conclusion. Next we shall read that such crime statistics are "racist", even as "black people" struggle to survive in their own neighbourhoods against the violent criminal and gang banging statistics, with an expectation of armed police protection.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Because he made a lot of 'mistakes' ... intentionally?:

As opposed to Michael Brown, whose shooting sparked days of riots in Ferguson and created the BLM movement?

Edited by Argus

As opposed to Michael Brown, whose shooting sparked days of riots in Ferguson and created the BLM movement?

Michael Brown made mistakes too, but it did not appear that he was trying to commit suicide ... like Dylan Noble was.

But ... go ahead and start a movement or something.

Edited by jacee

The NRA preys on the fears of black people roaming the streets wanting to rape and kill white people. Their constituents/members/donors are fearful white people who are afraid of black people. They aren't about to stand up for black people with guns.

Michael Brown made mistakes too, but it did not appear that he was trying to commit suicide ... like Dylan Noble was.

But ... go ahead and start a movement or something.

A reasonable person might say that after you punch out a cop, try grab at his gun,and run away, turning around and running at him might be suicidal.

But you're making excuses. The shooting of Brown was far more justifiable than the killing of Noble. But nobody cares about Noble because he had white skin.

The NRA preys on the fears of black people roaming the streets wanting to rape and kill white people. Their constituents/members/donors are fearful white people who are afraid of black people. They aren't about to stand up for black people with guns.

Well, according to the FBI stats virtually all interracial rape is committed by black men against white women. So maybe they have something to be wary of there.

As per my earlier cite.

Despite being outnumbered by whites five to one, blacks commit eight times more crimes against whites than vice-versa, according to FBI statistics from 2007. A black male is 40 times as likely to assault a white person as the reverse. These figures also show that interracial rape is almost exclusively black on white.

Edited by Argus

A reasonable person might say that after you punch out a cop, try grab at his gun,and run away, turning around and running at him might be suicidal.

But you're making excuses. The shooting of Brown was far more justifiable than the killing of Noble. But nobody cares about Noble because he had white skin.

I think he committed suicide.

You don't?

Go start a movement.

Don't you care enough to do that?

I think he committed suicide.

You don't?

Go start a movement.

Don't you care enough to do that?

No, I don't. Just like I didn't care about Michael Brown. The question is why did you care so very much about Brown and clearly couldn't care less about Noble.

No, I don't. Just like I didn't care about Michael Brown. The question is why did you care so very much about Brown and clearly couldn't care less about Noble.

It's always tragic when someone commits suicide.

But it's a different circumstance than this thread is about.

I understand that you're just trolling to derail, though.

Edited by jacee