America under President Trump

3 minutes ago, taxme said:

What got Trump elected? Trump spoke political incorrectness, something that people wanted to hear from a politician. That is what got him elected. Trump did not kiss ass anyone to get elected. That helps a lot. But what he did was kiss azz the voters who voted for him as it should be. Unfortunately for most Canadian politicians they have to kiss ass so many special interest groups to try and get elected. Scheer will be no exception. Now if Scheer got up and spoke political incorrectness he would probably have a better chance of winning the next election. The Americans who voted for Trump did.

People want to hear a political leader speak for and to them and not for the establishment elite cabal and special interest groups. Those are the ones that are and have been trying to destroy Canada for decades now, and all seems to be working fine for them thanks to our inept politically correct politicians whom have never appeared to ever try and make Canada great again. They have been in support of what appears to be making Canada un great. 

The majority of the Republicans appear to have no values or morals or love for America. The majority of them are nothing more than a bunch of swampsters who despise and hate Trump for no other reason than to try and  keep their little swamp corrupt game going. 

Mitt Romney got more votes than Trump and he lost. So I think what got Trump elected is actually the failure of Hillary Clinton to shore up White Blue Collar voters and keep Obama voters from staying home. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Boges said:

You know what we can. But he's got 2 years left on his mandate. And it seems he's fresh out of legislative ideas. 

At least with the US they have elections every 2 years and because the legislative and executive branches aren't fused so that there's always potential for drama, it's ripe for intrigue. 

Also if JT was being investigated for rigging the election by CISIS, I'm sure interest would be much greater. Remember the coupe attempt in 2008? that was very interesting Canadian political theatre. 

BTW if you keep talking Canadian Politics I'll report you for thread drift, BC2004 started a thread saying JT is the worst PM ever, you could post your thoughts there. 

Hey, maybe I will do the same thing to you and report you because you have gone along with that thread drift, and joined in that thread drift conversation for quite the while now. What goes around may come around. Just saying. 

54 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I agree that Canada has long been addicted to American media/culture, and that includes Trump's political adventures.

It becomes unbalanced and neurotic when some Canadians give Trump the power to affect them.

Not so....I started consuming Canadian media right before the invasion of Iraq (2002).    I wanted better insight into the CanAm dynamic from the Canadian point of view, and discovered a deeply entrenched neurosis that goes back many decades.   Most Americans just ignore Canada, something that Canada is keenly aware of and resents.

I am fascinated by Canada's obsession with American "culture", and the struggle to create an independent identity.   President Trump's political success exposes the raw insecurities that have always existed, even more so that President George W. Bush, and social media adds a layer of cross border angst.

As far as I am concerned Canada does not have a true culture anymore but instead now has several different cultures now. Canada has become a mixed up multicultural nation. A recipe for disaster. Without American culture Canada would not have the entertainment today that America has given us. Canada survives on and needs American culture as far as I am concerned. 

49 minutes ago, Boges said:

How would you know that it effects me?

I posted "some Canadians"...clearly one universal reason for the Canadian reaction is that they believe Trump impacts their lives...in Canada.

You seem to be the one taking this deeply personally. 

Just like you like seeing Liberals lose their minds, I like to see Repubs sacrifice all their moral high ground to defend a President like Trump. 

No, it is entertainment for me as well.

I am not a Republican, and I do not champion morals of any kind, as they are very subjective.

President Trump pulled off a remarkable political upset....like Truman over Dewey...only better.

50 minutes ago, Boges said:

BTW if you keep talking Canadian Politics I'll report you for thread drift, BC2004 started a thread saying JT is the worst PM ever, you could post your thoughts there. 

Won't work because Trump and American politics/culture are routinely cited and referenced in Canadian Politics threads.  

The mods have acknowledged this reality and react accordingly.

34 minutes ago, Omni said:

Ah nope. But hey maybe that's how Trump got his foot bone spurs so he got out of serving. All those bullet holes. He should learn.

I am pretty sure that many democrats along with republicans were able to get out of serving in the military by coming up with some health problem.  So what's your point?  

47 minutes ago, Boges said:

Do you live in Ontario? Because much of our media attention is focused on the upcoming election. I'd love to talk more about that. 

No, I live in BC where politics stinks just as much as in Ontario. 

1 minute ago, taxme said:

I am pretty sure that many democrats along with republicans were able to get out of serving in the military by coming up with some health problem.  So what's your point?  

a little humor at Trump's ongoing foot shooting. You ought to watch SNL more and get a feel for humor.

9 minutes ago, taxme said:

As far as I am concerned Canada does not have a true culture anymore but instead now has several different cultures now. Canada has become a mixed up multicultural nation. A recipe for disaster. Without American culture Canada would not have the entertainment today that America has given us. Canada survives on and needs American culture as far as I am concerned. 

I agree that many Canadians can only define an identity by being "not American", but others manage to be secure and confident with what it means to be Canadian in Canadian terms, history, language, etc.   Justin Trudeau has capitulated on this, declaring Canada as a "post-national state", completing his father's political play for multicultural dilution and counter for Quebec nationalism.

Trump inflames pre-existing insecurities in Canada for some people, and Canadian media eats that up.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Omni said:

Look at their ratings...highest in 6 years. Why would they do anything else?

SNL probably picked up more Trump haters because of their hatred for Trump which thanks to the liberal lying media and their constant showing of anti- Trump silly comedy skits on TV is no doubt what would probably have helped them to get more ratings. If it were not for the help of CNN and CBC and others who constantly keep showing all those skits about Trump they would probably be down in ratings. But then again you should know by now that ratings or polls can be fixed. 

And how would you know that those ratings are true? Did you do take your own poll or took your own ratings to come up with that six years or are you just parroting what the lying and fake phony liberal media has told you is true? 

Well, I will wait for an answer from you which I am pretty sure will never come?  

1 hour ago, Omni said:

Just like most Americans ignore the rest of the world but borrow a Canadian flag to sew on their backpack if they do go travelling.

Well, I wouldn't go and wear a backpack with the Canadian flag on it in any one of those terrorist Islamist countries. I might still get kidnapped and money will be asked for my release. The terrorists are well aware that Americans have used a backpack with a Canadian flag on it, and they might not be so easily fooled into believing that this person is Canadian. 

I would dare any Canadian to be stupid enough to go give it a try. Anyone here that would care to give it a try? I bet that there is not one here who would? 

8 minutes ago, Boges said:

He hosted when he was a candidate.

So now that they make fun of him the show sucks. They make fun of all presidents. 

Regardless of Trump (before or after his election win), SNL was clearly in decline for many years, including ratings in Canada.

If Trump has saved SNL from cancellation, it is a testament to just how poor the comedy writing and execution have been.

Ironically, SNL alum Al Franken has been forced to resign from the U.S. Senate in disgrace.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

1 hour ago, Boges said:

You know what we can. But he's got 2 years left on his mandate. And it seems he's fresh out of legislative ideas. 

At least with the US they have elections every 2 years and because the legislative and executive branches aren't fused so that there's always potential for drama, it's ripe for intrigue. 

Also if JT was being investigated for rigging the election by CISIS, I'm sure interest would be much greater. Remember the coupe attempt in 2008? that was very interesting Canadian political theatre. 

Well, go ahead, make your day. And here I thought that you were a conservative? A real conservative would not snitch on someone else like a liberal would most likely do. I am shocked. :o

10 minutes ago, Boges said:

He hosted when he was a candidate.

So now that they make fun of him the show sucks. They make fun of all presidents. 

A candidate, eh? No need to make any funny stupid jokes about Trump, at the time, eh?  They liked him then but now they hate Trump. Two-faced gang of liberal snowflake losers. As long as you suck up to liberalism you are a friend but when one does something that pizzes liberals off they now become your enemy. So much for their so-called liberal intolerance, eh? 

7 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Regardless of Trump (before or after his election win), SNL was clearly in decline for many years, including ratings in Canada.

If Trump has saved SNL from cancellation, it is a testament to just how poor the comedy writing and execution have been.

Ironically, SNL alum Al Franken has been forced to resign from the U.S. Senate in disgrace.

And I heard that Conyer's is quiting politics also. That should make it a bit more safer for women working in congress. The bums are leaving. America is starting to become great again.  

1 hour ago, Boges said:

Mitt Romney got more votes than Trump and he lost. So I think what got Trump elected is actually the failure of Hillary Clinton to shore up White Blue Collar voters and keep Obama voters from staying home. 

Yup, the liberal/dumbocrats sure blew it alright, thank God. They now have allowed a man like Trump in as President who is now kicking their azzes. And thanks to Trump those fools have now been exposed for what they really are and to what they have been really doing in Washington and against the American people all these decades. The swampster corruption and screwing of the American people has been exposed by Trump just in the nick of time. A Hillary presidency would have finished off America. The American people have no idea as to how lucky they are to have Trump as their president. They have dodged a liberal communist bullet. 

2 hours ago, taxme said:

Yes, I agree. Although, I thought that this was the essence of Canadian culture. At least, it has been since I was born (I am still a teenager). Canadian culture, as I understand it, is a conglomerate of several different cultures due to the numerous amount of different kind of people that live here. Now, whether that is good or not is a different debate, and this is a more of an observation, but I genuinely believed - and I do admit to the possibility of being wrong - that this was the point of Canadian culture. 

And yes, Canadians consume American culture at ungodly rates. At times, I really do wonder if Canadian culture is simply American culture with a few readjustments here and there. 

2 hours ago, taxme said:

Yup, the liberal/dumbocrats sure blew it alright, thank God. They now have allowed a man like Trump in as President who is now kicking their azzes. And thanks to Trump those fools have now been exposed for what they really are and to what they have been really doing in Washington and against the American people all these decades. The swampster corruption and screwing of the American people has been exposed by Trump just in the nick of time. A Hillary presidency would have finished off America. The American people have no idea as to how lucky they are to have Trump as their president. They have dodged a liberal communist bullet. 

Except they have become a laughing stock at the highest level of government. But keep tryin'.:lol:

2 hours ago, taxme said:

Well, I wouldn't go and wear a backpack with the Canadian flag on it in any one of those terrorist Islamist countries. I might still get kidnapped and money will be asked for my release. The terrorists are well aware that Americans have used a backpack with a Canadian flag on it, and they might not be so easily fooled into believing that this person is Canadian. 

I would dare any Canadian to be stupid enough to go give it a try. Anyone here that would care to give it a try? I bet that there is not one here who would? 

I have worn one around Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and a few others. Couldn't have been treated better. Here's some good advice for you though: don't put a US flag anywhere near you and visit East Jerusalem.