America under President Trump

2 hours ago, Hal 9000 said:

Yes, it was a good photo op, however, I think it's obvious that neither person liked or trusted the other.

Nope. I think Trump was delighted with the guy who helped make him president.

2 hours ago, Hal 9000 said:

That depends on which investigation, I suppose.  However, it seems preety clear there is nothing to the collusion

Doesn't seem clear to me. Seems odd to me that everyone around Trump has been in contact with the Russians, even his lawyer.

1 minute ago, Argus said:

Doesn't seem clear to me. Seems odd to me that everyone around Trump has been in contact with the Russians, even his lawyer.

Since when did it become illegal to talk to the Russians? Bill Clinton and Obama did. Geez, you really are going to have to layoff of all this hysterics that is constantly being drummed up by the DNC losers, and that fake liberal media. Trump is clean. Live with it.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, taxme said:

Since when did it become illegal to talk to the Russians? Bill Clinton and Obama did. Geez, you really are going to have to layoff of all this hysterics that is constantly being drummed up by the DNC losers, and that fake liberal media. Trump is clean. Live with it.  

He's far from clean which is why his own party is whispering the impeachment word.

8 minutes ago, taxme said:

Didn't Obama and Hillary remove every last trace of nerve gas from Syria....with Putin's help?

:lol:

Edited by DogOnPorch

14 minutes ago, Argus said:

Unlike you I'm not a mind reader, nor do I pretend to omniscience.

I'm not a mind reader either, but I did listen to Comey tell us that Lynch had him change and soften the narrative on the Hillary investigation...and I did sleep in a Holiday Inn express last night.

3 minutes ago, taxme said:

Since when did it become illegal to talk to the Russians?

Indeed, as there are a lot more Canadian government ministers and lobbyists talking to American politicians and corporations to try and influence U.S policies.   Been doing it for a long time. 

Russia is a large country with a military and economic impact on allies that is far greater than Canada's.

Talking to Russians is better than fighting Russians on the battlefield.

10 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

It's a sad state of affairs when instead of seeing a possible crime and having an investigation, the government has an investigation with the hope that a crime gets committed in the process.  That's political sleeze at it's worst.

No, you had it right the first time.

6 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

I think it's obvious that the Dems are down to hoping that Trump lies somewhere in his testimony.  That's really all they got at this phase...the hope that a lie is forthcoming.  

Oh the world is well aware of any number of Trump's lies. It's which ones are punishable under law that are being investigated.

Just now, Hal 9000 said:

I doubt there are tapes, however, I'm sure the thought of tapes kept Comey's testimoney in check.

If you had of listened to it you would know it did anything but. You would have heard him say "Lordy I hope there are tapes"

1 minute ago, Omni said:

If you had of listened to it you would know it did anything but. You would have heard him say "Lordy I hope there are tapes"

Good grief!  Yes, he said that, however - and I'll slow it down a bit for you, the threat of tapes makes Comey more honest in his testimony - just in case.  IOW, he has to say things that he may not otherwise say - get it?

1 hour ago, taxme said:

Since when did it become illegal to talk to the Russians? Bill Clinton and Obama did.

Yeah, as presidents. Almost none of these people were even in government, and so far damn near ALL of them held meetings with the Russians.

1 hour ago, Hal 9000 said:

I'm not a mind reader either, but I did listen to Comey tell us that Lynch had him change and soften the narrative on the Hillary investigation...and I did sleep in a Holiday Inn express last night.

Did she tell him to stop the investigation? I mean, it was in the run-up to the election. By their own rules he wasn't supposed to be saying a single damned thing about an ongoing investigation to the media or anyone else outside the FBI.

Edited by Argus

1 hour ago, Hal 9000 said:

You mean US government officials spoke to a Russin diplomat - well jump back!

Not one of the people on his team was a US government official. Not one was a diplomat of any sort. Not one was or had ever been attached to the State Department. You could make the case that Sessions as a senator could have a reason to talk to the Russians, but that's it. Why was his son in law talking to them? According to Trump the family has no business with the Russians.

Edited by Argus

54 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

It's a sad state of affairs when instead of seeing a possible crime and having an investigation, the government has an investigation with the hope that a crime gets committed in the process.  That's political sleeze at it's worst.

This might surprise you but generally things do get investigated before charges are laid - unless they catch you red-handed.

Here's something else you seem to have forgotten, though it was in the news a while back. It is against the law for a non-government official to negotiate with a foreign power. For example, if anyone on the Trump team, including Trump, told the Russians not to worry about that estate seized by the government for espionage, that they'd get it back when Trump got elected, that would be a federal crime.

13 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

I doubt there are tapes, however, I'm sure the thought of tapes kept Comey's testimoney in check.

Really? Because according to Trump he lied repeatedly - except for the parts Trump liked.