America under President Trump

38 minutes ago, Argus said:

I'm sure China has funded more green technologies than Canada. I'm sure it's funded a lot more coal plants than Canada too. In fact, it's funding hundreds of them all over the world. Your reply is brainless and ignorant.

No I think probably yours is. GW naysayers seem to only be able to head down the same road trying to point fingers at China as an excuse not to bother with any green energy efforts, whilst ignoring just how much China has already cut back on coal, and worked toward various renewables. Major energy producers in the US are well aware of this, which is why Tillerson and the current CEO of Exxon Mobil advised Trump from his action today. Who do you imagine knows more about the future of energy, these two guys or the dolt who can't even figure out he didn't win election in Pittsburgh?  

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

This is almost as much fun as 2016 election night in November.

President Trump sure knows how to make the globalists squeal.

What carbon tax ?    Oh...that's in Canada...sorry.

Lets see who squeals when all the green energy jobs emerge in China and the US is spending shitloads of tax money on sick coal miners. You'd have thunk they could have taken a lesson from history, but apparently not. Hopefully for the US, many leaders of industry are a lot smarter than the Donald and will work around him. 

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

This is almost as much fun as 2016 election night in November.

President Trump sure knows how to make the globalists squeal.

What carbon tax ?    Oh...that's in Canada...sorry.

Carbon Tax. It's a tad like seeing a giant tsunami coming your way and grabbing an umbrella rather than building a raft.

But, hey...I'm a dog.

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

"Redneck" Texas has about 4X of installed wind generated power than does Ontario, Canada, land of Wynne's green energy project fiascos.

And Ontario has less than half the population and has had hydro power for almost ever. You've  heard of hydro eh?...renewable

9 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

"Hydro" is not new technology or innovation

It's not new, it's clean. Coal on the other hand...

And why would you be trying to brag about Texas' clean energy if climate change is a hoax anyway?

Edited by Omni

There is a school of opinion that the agreement is better off without a US that isn't committed to its objectives. Not being at the table will prevent the Trump administration from being obstructive. Macron has made it clear that France will not re negotiate the agreement to please the US and he did it in English to boot.

• Like 1

Hydro destroys the earth and natural habitat for the world's vulnerable creatures.

Texas can have a vast hydrocarbon industry (oil) and clean energy, just like President Trump said today.

Canada wants to ship more bitumen to Texas for processing.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

14 minutes ago, Wilber said:

There is a school of opinion that the agreement is better off without a US that isn't committed to its objectives. Not being at the table will prevent the Trump administration from being obstructive. Macron has made it clear that France will not re negotiate the agreement to please the US and he did it in English to boot.

Judging by most of what I have heard come out of Trump's mouth, especially when you know he isn't reading the teleprompter, I can imagine that sitting around a table trying to negotiate an important issue seriously, could be difficult at best, and impossible at worst. So I can understand that school of opinion. It seems to my I recall a couple of terms such as 'incipient spin" and "full spin". I'd say the US is getting close to the latter.  

13 hours ago, Wilber said:

The Paris Accord will achieve NOTHING other than redistributing money from western liberal democracies to third world dictatorships. The biggest emiters are doing nothing to lowr their emissions, including China, India, Russia and now the US.

While Canada and the U.S. are required to reduce their reliance on coal and other fossil fuels, other nations — China, India and African countries — will be allowed to dramatically increase their use of fossil fuels. The expansion of coal use is already underway. China’s coal-fired capacity is forecast to jump 19 per cent over the next five years while Canada tries to eliminate coal to meet climate targets. Pakistan and South Africa are planning major coal-fired projects. India sits on vast coal reserves that it won’t likely leave in the ground.

http://business.financialpost.com/fp-comment/terence-corcoran-trump-calls-out-the-global-control-agenda-of-the-paris-deal-but-canada-remains-oblivious

1 minute ago, Argus said:

The Paris Accord will achieve NOTHING other than redistributing money from western liberal democracies to third world dictatorships. The biggest emiters are doing nothing to lowr their emissions, including China, India, Russia and now the US.

What will achieve something in your opinion or do you think just giving up without a whimper is some kind of plan?

China is doing a lot. Coal consumption is going down, largest producer of wind generated energy. Just built the worlds largest floating solar array on a lake made by an old open pit coal mine. 

11 minutes ago, Wilber said:

What will achieve something in your opinion or do you think just giving up without a whimper is some kind of plan?

Technological advancement will do something. All these idiotic government schemes are just a huge waste of money.

11 minutes ago, Wilber said:

China is doing a lot. Coal consumption is going down, largest producer of wind generated energy. Just built the worlds largest floating solar array on a lake made by an old open pit coal mine. 

China is talking a lot. It's coal consumption has declined ONLY because of its economic slowdown. Renewable energy makes up only a tiny fraction of their power generation. Let them commit to actually lowering their emissions like the western countries have done.

24 minutes ago, Argus said:

Technological advancement will do something. All these idiotic government schemes are just a huge waste of money.

China is talking a lot. It's coal consumption has declined ONLY because of its economic slowdown. Renewable energy makes up only a tiny fraction of their power generation. Let them commit to actually lowering their emissions like the western countries have done.

China's economy has slowed but it is still growing over twice as fast as ours. They plan on being at the leading edge of green technology.

As the mayor of Pittsburgh (which voted 80% for Hillary) said. We used to be China with smoke so bad the street lights stayed on during the day and we aren't going back. They plan on meeting their emission targets in spite of Trump 

We are much higher per capita emitters, perhaps we should pay a little more for the privilege of heating up the planet more than our fellow humans.

On 5/31/2017 at 5:02 PM, Argus said:

Evidence?

Thirty alderman of Chicago have signed a petition to have Trump impeached. Good luck. No doubt that they must be another bunch of sore democrat losers. The gall of these alderman. There have been 236 homicides in Chicago since the year began, and all these morons seem to be more interested in is trying to get Trump impeached. The constant homicides that are happening in Chicago should be their main priority but obviously it is not. This just shows the mentality of most politicians today. Nuts in the head. They are showing us all that Trump is right, and that Trump really needs to drain the swamp of alderman like this. And you want Trump gone? What are you smoking, man? :rolleyes:

Source: RightEdition 

3 hours ago, Wilber said:

Personally, I think that there are too many people drinking too much of that global climate kool-aid too much. They need to take a break from that mind numbing stuff. Global climate warming is all just a pile of nonsense all pushed on anyone and everyone who will believe their nonsense. And no doubt they make lots of money from it also.