America under President Trump

43 minutes ago, Owly said:

My grandparents came to Canada as immigrants, made enough money to fully support six kids, and never committed a crime. Thankfully they didn't have to deal with addle brained xenophobes during their lives here.

I'm baffled about why you would think that had anything to do with the point I made. Or are you simply agreeing with me?

13 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

The vaccine CONTAINS pig products. No devout Muslim will be cool with that. There's no joke we can make nor logical argument. Pigs are forbidden in Islam. Simple as that. If the Infidel government is trying to force this upon the Muslim community...there will be trouble. Much like forcing homosexual (et al) rights upon the Islamic community...not acceptable.

Actually, in the US the most opposition to vaccinations comes from Christian groups, not Muslims. The Church of Christ Scientists and the Dutch Reformed Church are two of the major ones. Perhaps look up and read the Dakar Declaration on Vaccinations.

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

If we were taking a few hundred new folks a year as immigrants and refugees, perhaps we'd have the ability to delve as deep as needed into past medical histories, beliefs or whatever and keep an eye on things to make sure folks do leave the animal sacrifices back in the Old Country. But we don't...and we take-in hundreds of thousands a year. And there's a huge industry faking the needed paperwork, anyways.

There's no way to even think of stopping it...too late, as they say. 

Just make it mandatory for all newborns.  Make sure prospective immigrants agree or go home.  If current immigrants need grandfathering, then the problem will take care of itself fairly quickly. 

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

Just make it mandatory for all newborns.  Make sure prospective immigrants agree or go home.  If current immigrants need grandfathering, then the problem will take care of itself fairly quickly. 

Again...trouble await. 

1 minute ago, Owly said:

Actually, in the US the most opposition to vaccinations comes from Christian groups, not Muslims. The Church of Christ Scientists and the Dutch Reformed Church are two of the major ones. Perhaps look up and read the Dakar Declaration on Vaccinations.

They should be told to **** off too.

6 minutes ago, Argus said:

I'm baffled about why you would think that had anything to do with the point I made. Or are you simply agreeing with me?

We are a country of immigrants, in case you forgot. And I have to simply shake my head at the pablum eaters that buy Trumps bullshit about how millions of murderers and rapists and drug dealers and blah, blah' blah are coming to kill us or whatever.

Just now, Owly said:

We are a country of immigrants, in case you forgot. And I have to simply shake my head at the pablum eaters that buy Trumps bullshit about how millions of murderers and rapists and drug dealers and blah, blah' blah are coming to kill us or whatever.

You seem confused. Again. Are migrants a good thing or a bad thing? If they're a good thing then Trump is being generous by allotting them to places that didn't vote for him. And of course it makes sense to put them into areas where they'd be welcomed, does it not?

Unless you think it's a bad thing for some reason...

6 minutes ago, Argus said:

You seem confused. Again. Are migrants a good thing or a bad thing? If they're a good thing then Trump is being generous by allotting them to places that didn't vote for him. And of course it makes sense to put them into areas where they'd be welcomed, does it not?

I can see it.  How is this not a win-win?  The immigrants have somewhere to go.  The sanctuary cities have something to do.  ICE gets a breather.  It makes perfect sense to me.

I'm surprised Trump came up with it, to be honest.

12 minutes ago, Argus said:

If you think filling up a bus full of detained asylum seekers and then kicking them off downtown in areas specifically targeted to put on some kind of "show", then you are not only confused, you are Trump confused, and that's scary. But I get the drift he is perhaps one of your type.

13 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I can see it.  How is this not a win-win?  The immigrants have somewhere to go.  The sanctuary cities have something to do.  ICE gets a breather.  It makes perfect sense to me.

I'm surprised Trump came up with it, to be honest.

California used to be solidly Republican...can you imagine?

7 hours ago, Owly said:

Condemn it in the strongest possible language and demand the murderers be brought in front of the ICC.

So useless virtue signaling, words over action. If a politician doesn't blow enough sunshine up your butt, then they are the bad guy, but if they do, actual action you don't care about.

Trump did condemn it strongly by the way, just because he didn't do the Klingon backturn on Saudi Arabia and MSB, doesn't mean he didn't condemn it.

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 hours ago, Owly said:

If you think filling up a bus full of detained asylum seekers and then kicking them off downtown in areas specifically targeted to put on some kind of "show", then you are not only confused, you are Trump confused, and that's scary. But I get the drift he is perhaps one of your type.

What they do now is simply put them on a bus, or even release them into nearby populations. How would it be worse to send them to the paradise cities which welcome illegal immigrants?

20 minutes ago, Argus said:

What they do now is simply put them on a bus, or even release them into nearby populations. How would it be worse to send them to the paradise cities which welcome illegal immigrants?

Because whatever Trump does is wrong, even if Owly has no better solution, Orange Man still bad.

I bet Owly can't even name one thing that Trump has done that Owly actually likes, that's how much of a partisan hack he is.

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Because whatever Trump does is wrong, even if Owly has no better solution, Orange Man still bad.

I bet Owly can't even name one thing that Trump has done that Owly actually likes, that's how much of a partisan hack he is.

So why don't you rell us what you think he has done that is so good. Or maybe I'll just let you right wing hacks pat each other on the back. In any case, I'll get the popcorn.

4 minutes ago, Owly said:

So why don't you rell us what you think he has done that is so good. Or maybe I'll just let you right wing hacks pat each other on the back. In any case, I'll get the popcorn.

If you can't even name one thing he's done that you like, then you are the hack.

I have already named several things that I like about Trump in our conversations, and several things that I don't like that he did. Now it's your turn to name some things you like, instead of just listing things about him you don't like, you have only done the latter.

Calling me a hack when I can list pros and cons, and all you can list are cons, is laughable.

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 hours ago, Argus said:

What's actually illegal is what Trump, and apparently you would like to do. Thankfully more intelligent heads prevailed.

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

If you can't even name one thing he's done that you like, then you are the hack. I have already named several things that I like about Trump in our conversations, your turn.

Because you are swayed by whatever you like about trump doesn't mean they are good things.I can certainly name you a lot of things that are not only bad, but also illegal.

3 minutes ago, Owly said:

Because you are swayed by whatever you like about trump doesn't mean they are good things.I can certainly name you a lot of things that are not only bad, but also illegal.

I have bashed on Trump and praised him, all you have done is bash him. You are the hack, you can't even name one thing you like about the guy, that's as big of partisan hack as it gets right there.

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

I have bashed on Trump and praised him, all you have done is bash. You are the hack, you can't even name one thing you like, that's as big of partisan hack as it gets right there.

If trump ever does anything I like I'll be the first to let you know. So far he is going ever further the other way. He's a sick puppy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Owly said:

If trump ever does anything I like I'll be the first to let you know. So far he is going ever further the other way. He's a sick puppy.

I can see pro's and con's, all you see is con's, fronting like I am the hack and you're the objective one, is laughable. Trump has done plenty of things worthy of praise and plenty of things worthy of criticism, only a partisan hack hater would be unable to find a single thing worth praising him for. 

Many of his most public haters can at least find one thing they like that he did, you can't even do that, you're worse than CNN.

Edited by Yzermandius19