Canada Shunned by Coalition Allies

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were already doing that.

Yes we are, but now we are going to do more of it. People don't like the optics of Canadians actually shooting at someone, so instead of having some control over what we target with our efforts, we are just going to train and equip others and let them decide who their enemies are. Just seems mighty hypocritical to me.

Why would they think that ? The election has been over for months.

A culmination of a few things that set Liberals apart from Conservatives.

Chretien mused about western bullies and root causes in the wake of 9/11. Trudeau followed suit in the wake of the Boston Marathon and ridiculed Harper for sending planes to bomb ISIS. There was, how ever scant ( I never voted Liberal myself), a reason to hope Trudeau might actually set Canada on a path distinctly moved away from military involvement.

The fact he hadn't ordered the planes home within hours or days at the very least of being sworn in was the first clue, not cancelling the armoured car deal with Saudi Arabia was a classic fool-me-twice-shame-on-you moment. As for troops on the ground now and fighting against compensation for victims of torture and the release on information about Canada's involvement.

“It’s a continuation of this incredibly litigious no-holds-barred scorched-earth defence strategy which we’ve been experiencing for 10 years under the Harper government,”

Source

I've seen far more than enough of Trudeau's act to conclude he's with you all the way.

Edited by eyeball

A culmination of a few things that set Liberals apart from Conservatives.

Somebody wasn't paying very good attention then, as the Liberals dropped more bombs than the Conservatives (Kosovo), deposed a democratically elected president in Haiti, and made oil services deals with dictator Muammar Gaddafi. Oh, and there was that Afghanistan thing as well, started by Chretien. Potaayto vs. Potahhhto...

Somebody wasn't paying very good attention then, as the Liberals dropped more bombs than the Conservatives (Kosovo), deposed a democratically elected president in Haiti, and made oil services deals with dictator Muammar Gaddafi. Oh, and there was that Afghanistan thing as well, started by Chretien. Potaayto vs. Potahhhto...

You actually think Chretien started the invasion in Afghanistan?

The pause was purposely designed just long enough to win a federal election.

Clearly. It's a manner of designing that so-called unconservatives like the Liberals engage in that makes the west more dangerous - take Tony Blair for example. At least with more overt conservatives like Harper or Clinton you know what you're getting.