Home grown non-Muslim related terrorist attacks

Have not seen any thread about the "republican inspired terrorist attack" on Planned Parenthood the other day so then I thought: why not create a catch all thread for these seemingly random attacks.

Here's a link for this attack: http://www.occupydemocrats.com/republican-presidential-candidates-silent-on-the-terrorist-attack-they-incited/

Remember the rules of this thread:

[Edited out unnecessary snarky stuff]

So why are some events clearly "terrorism" when they meet the definition of terrorism while others are not, when they meet the definition?

Here I take a broad view of terrorism: an act of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political/religious aims.

But most importantly this is a thread about hypocrisy: the media and politicians and certain religious groups and other people not calling a terrorist a terrorist because the views are too close to home.

So when these unfortunate attacks occur lets document them and discuss them to see if any common themes emerge.

Edited by msj

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White shooter = mentally unstable lone wolf.

Wrong.

White shooter = right wing racist gun nut.

Black shooter = driven to his actions by systematic racism.

Muslim shooter = mentally unstable lone wolf

Christian shooter = entire religion guilty.

Why are the left wing attempts to use tragedy for political gain not worthy of ridicule too?

Edited by TimG

I predict MSJ is correct about this much: nobody on the "right" will concede that the events in Colorado Springs yesterday were a terrorist attack, even though it fits any reasonable definition of the term.

-k

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2015/11/28/pro-lifers-take-to-twitter-to-praise-planned-parenthood-shooter/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

While the majority of the country is expressing sympathy to the victims of the Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood shooting, there are those who are so despicable, they’re praising the acts of this domestic terrorist that left 3 dead and 9 injured.
"No sympathy for any pregnant female who was injured in the Planned Parenthood shooting that was there to get an abortion. She deserved it."

While I'm waiting for a response from the OP, I thought I'd post these examples of people doubling down on these acts of violence.

I predict MSJ is correct about this much: nobody on the "right" will concede that the events in Colorado Springs yesterday were a terrorist attack, even though it fits any reasonable definition of the term.

-k

Agreed. I don't see how anyone could claim this was not terrorism.

Edited by bcsapper

So far this thread is about RIGHTsplaining and LEFTsplaining the issue... meaning, setting up a strawman of your opponents' beliefs then setting fire to it.

There's a cite here but it's not quoted. What is the OP about please ?

I think that the thing we ought to take away from this is that when a savage religious primitive commits an act of the utmost barbarism, there's nothing wrong with noting the fact and pointing out the religion that went along with it.

-k

And I will predict nobody on the "left" will look inward and blame a "failed domestic social policy" as the motive of this "terrorist"......nor will nobody on the left downplay the deaths by "right-wing terrorists", suggesting one is more likely to die in a car accident. And of course, nobody on the "left" will refrain from suggesting sweeping security measures, further empowering the State, to address a statistically small problem.

Sauce for the goose.........

Doesn't matter if it was "terrorism" or not. The United States is not going to do something stupid like creating a firearms registry, only to repeal the law later. With respect to comments about pregnant women at the abortion clinic, another member has often proclaimed that Americans deserved 9/11 attacks and had it coming. Twisted terrorism logic from Canada should at least be consistent.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2015/11/28/pro-lifers-take-to-twitter-to-praise-planned-parenthood-shooter/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

While I'm waiting for a response from the OP, I thought I'd post these examples of people doubling down on these acts of violence.

You're talking about a few nuts on twitter. You can get a few morons to say almost anything outrageous on the internet.

Agreed. I don't see how anyone could claim this was not terrorism.

Here's an idea. Why don't we wait to see what the motive was? So far it has not been established to the satisfaction of the police whether the abortion clinic was even his primary target. He was in there for five hours and didn't kill anyone trapped inside. The three he killed were in the parking lot.

If it can be established he targeted the abortion clinic, however, out of his opposition to abortion, then yes, I would call this terrorism.

Here's an idea. Why don't we wait to see what the motive was? So far it has not been established to the satisfaction of the police whether the abortion clinic was even his primary target. He was in there for five hours and didn't kill anyone trapped inside. The three he killed were in the parking lot.

If it can be established he targeted the abortion clinic, however, out of his opposition to abortion, then yes, I would call this terrorism.

Good point. If we didn't pussyfoot around for other religions we'd be accused of all manner of mean and nasty things, so we can at least pussyfoot around when it comes to Christianity too.

I've seen his picture though, and it doesn't look good...