Islamophobia in Canada

It's a good thing that your refusal has no bearing on 35,000 Syrian refugees being admitted by the end of 2016.

BTW, if a Syrian refugee is employed where you work, or move in next door, or the children form friendships with your children, how will you treat them? Will you ignore them, spit in their face, call them names to their face? Just curious as to your reaction when you are actually engaging with them.

Wrong. It's your opinion that it's a good thing that my refusal has no bearing...

Time will tell, and if history is any indication of what the future holds then you will eventually be in a position to admit that I was right and you were wrong.

I will treat them like any other Canadian, but that doesn't mean that they won't go crazy over here watching our national news telecasts saying things like "Israel just crapped on Palestine, now they all smell like roses." If watching the news here makes me crazy when I don't have any family over there then I can only imagine what it does to people from that area who aren't dumb enough to believe the CBC.

Islam is an ideology that teaches its followers to kill, the others do not.

And yet the vast majority of islamic people do no such thing. The reality is, Islam is no more violent than Christianity. It's followers are just largely relegated to the stone age.

And yet the vast majority of islamic people do no such thing. The reality is, Islam is no more violent than Christianity. It's followers are just largely relegated to the stone age.

The vast majority of Nazis had zero to do with Treblinka.

What do you know of the last 2,000 years of history of the middle east and southern europe smallc? What do you think it's like for non-muslims to live in a muslim-dominated area smallc?

What do you know of the last 2,000 years of history of the middle east and southern europe smallc? What do you think it's like for non-muslims to live in a muslim-dominated area smallc?

What does that have to do with North America?

Should we stop accepting Germans?

We shouldn't accept people who identify themselves as Nazis. If they tried to tell you that Hitler had some good ideas too, would you accept that answer?

Again, this is in no way related to anyone's nationality or racial heritage. It's a matter of a dangerous ideology that demands murder as the acceptable answer to a wide variety of issues.

We shouldn't accept people who identify themselves as Nazis. If they tried to tell you that Hitler had some good ideas too, would you accept that answer?

From your posts, I gather that you think the same fictional character had some pretty good ideas.

Hitler was not a fictional character. Modern nazis are not fictional characters. Mohammed was not a fictional character. Nations where Muslims are a majority carrying out barbaric acts are not fictional characters. Imams worldwide instructing their followers to carry out barbaric acts are not fictional characters. Followers of Islam carrying out barbaric acts worldwide are not fictional characters.

Still comparatively low. Let's keep it that way.

Have muslims in Canada tended to pose a danger to Canadians?

Oh, btw, Trump says his idea is okay - it's just like the Japanese internment camps. You can't make this stuff up.

Have muslims in Canada tended to pose a danger to Canadians?

They're starting to. Pay attention.

Oh, btw, Trump says his idea is okay - it's just like the Japanese internment camps. You can't make this stuff up.

"Japanese" is a nationality, not an ideology.

If we're going to ban 1 nonsense religion, we'll have to ban all of them.

Nonsense is fine. Instructing people to commit violence is not.

...Oh, btw, Trump says his idea is okay - it's just like the Japanese internment camps. You can't make this stuff up.

Canada sure liked that idea back then...was upheld in courts Trump would have to stop all visas and emigration to pass a court challenge today.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Not any more than anyone else.

I'm not the one that said it.

Unless you have evidence that someone has told people entering Canada to commit violence...

Do you actually think there is a lot of difference between the thinking with what led to they did with the Japanese, and what some would do with Islamic immigrants? Not if you suffer from phobia.

A phobia is a type of anxiety disorder, usually defined as a persistent fear of an object or situation in which the sufferer commits to great lengths in avoiding, typically disproportional to the actual danger posed, often being recognized as irrational.