Islamophobia in Canada

11 minutes ago, Peter F said:

Damn right its more complicated. Being a Muslim doesn't mean shit.

Should Islam disappear from the collective conscious tomorrow, would ISIS suddenly abandon their quest, or their methods?   I doubt it; they'd find another justification.

2 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Should Islam disappear from the collective conscious tomorrow, would ISIS suddenly abandon their quest, or their methods?   I doubt it; they'd find another justification.

At least 35 people were murdered by terrorists in your beloved Egypt today. 

Why?

57 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

It is quite apparent from the gist of the conversation that many MLW posters are quite willing to make us all take a chance re: Islamic terror...increasing the chances as the years pass and the Muslim population grows and gets bolder. They feel themselves immune to terrorism which is amusing...even wishing death on a fellow like myself at the hands of the Jihadis. Pretty extreme as I said at the time...

I think...unfortunately...that it will take MORE terror attacks that affect them personally before the attitude might change. Even then: Stockholm syndrome...these folks drank the kool-aid. Probably blame me if I wasn't already dead...lol.

How many terror attacks and deaths of innocent children will it take before western civilization wakes up to realize it is sleepwalking to it's own cultural demise.    I don't think that so many people have so willingly  accepted their political and cultural annihilation as they have in Europe, and eventually North America along with Oz.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, scribblet said:

How many terror attacks and deaths of innocent children will it take before western civilization wakes up to realize it is sleepwalking to it's own cultural demise.    I don't think that so many people have so willingly  accepted their political and cultural annihilation as they have in Europe, and eventually North America along with Oz.  

As we can see with some posters...who I assume live here in Canada...there is simply no engaging them. To them, we are the enemy and Islam is the victim of terrorism.

I kid you not.

23 hours ago, bcsapper said:

So given that, and the fact that there are about 1.5 billion Muslims, many of them among us, how come we aren't completely up a creek?

Well, most of them live in countries which have little or no military power - at least as compared to Western nations. And those who live among us are, in all cases, a small minority, though growing. Thus neither group has the ability to either threaten our societies or reorder them as they wish - yet.

23 hours ago, dialamah said:

Exactly what I said.  You and ISIS take the same words from the Quran to spread a message of violence.  If I or anyone take different words from the Quran, words that don't promote violence, you and ISIS deny them.

The problem is that both messages are IN the quran, and there is no central authority governing which are more important. Further, a lot of those who are somewhat authoritative will confirm both are. In some cases it's just how you interpret what is going on as to whether it qualifies. This is a religion which came from medieval Arabia and bears the signature of its culture and values, which it teaches are the literal words of God. That's one of the reasons it's so hostile to western teenage girls, who are all whores violating multiple tenets of the Quran by their beliefs.

23 hours ago, Peter F said:

All of them, Dog, All of them. For some bizarro reason you think you need to shit on Muslims who had sweet fuck all to do with particular acts of barbarity. Sorta like Isis in a way...fuck that - Exactly like ISIS. No diff. 

You're saying Dog has been murdering people and enslaving little girls?  Or are you suggesting that saying nasty things about Islam is of equal morality?

23 hours ago, dialamah said:

Whatever individual Muslims believe, they are taking the Quran at its word.  This is equally true of gay and progressive Muslims as it is of violent and barbaric ones.

Speaking of gay people. Weren't you going to answer me as to whether Douglas Murray, a gay British man who is hostile towards Islam, is an Islamophobe? Remember that more than half of British Muslims told a poll that all gays should be imprisoned.

5 minutes ago, Argus said:

Well, most of them live in countries which have little or no military power - at least as compared to Western nations. And those who live among us are, in all cases, a small minority, though growing. Thus neither group has the ability to either threaten our societies or reorder them as they wish - yet.

Granted, but what'shisface in Manchester was a pretty small minority too.  If they all felt that way.  Creek.

1 minute ago, Argus said:

You're saying Dog has been murdering people and enslaving little girls?  Or are you suggesting that saying nasty things about Islam is of equal morality?

This is like herding frikin' cats as they say. The simple message is, beat up ISIS all you want, we are already bombing them in case you missed all that, but leave the Muslim general population out of it.

21 hours ago, Peter F said:

Take action? Against the folks who had nothing to do with the death of my loved one? Would I feel better if I did? Would you?

Here is one undeniable fact. If there were no Muslims in the UK, there would be no terrorism. There is simply no getting around that.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Peter F said:

An idiot red-neck conservative threw a trailer hitch at a woman in the street here and near killed her. He thought it was a fun thing to do at the time because the target was a native. What an asshole! What a stupid mind-set! Perhaps I should have my neighbour removed from society because he also is a white red-neck who speaks poorly of natives. That would be Just, right?

That wouldn't be right. On the other hand, the more such rednecks with such attitudes there are in your neighborhood, the more likely such things are to happen. Is that not true? I mean, if you brought in lots more rednecks with that attitude things might start to get dicey for natives. 

21 hours ago, taxme said:

Maybe if someone did, and did do the same thing, and blow up some mosque, maybe then they would get the hint, and this would maybe smarten those idiots up,

Oh yeah, THAT'LL work! :rolleyes:

You realize that Muslims have been torching and blowing up each others mosques for centuries, right? Often while they're packed with worshipers? Hasn't smartened a single person up.

4 minutes ago, Omni said:

This is like herding frikin' cats as they say. The simple message is, beat up ISIS all you want, we are already bombing them in case you missed all that, but leave the Muslim general population out of it.

Which ones in the 'general population' are the baddies?

18 hours ago, Peter F said:

Me.

And on what facts or logic do you base your belief? Is there a single nation on Earth with a sizable Muslims minority which does not have religious violence?

8 minutes ago, Argus said:

I think that these poster truly believe that Islam is the victim of terrorism and I'm the cause of said terrorism.

3 minutes ago, Argus said:

Speaking of gay people. Weren't you going to answer me as to whether Douglas Murray, a gay British man who is hostile towards Islam, is an Islamophobe? Remember that more than half of British Muslims told a poll that all gays should be imprisoned.

I don't know anything about him or what he says, so I sure as heck can't determine whether or not he's an Islamaphobe - unlike you, I don't make sweeping judgements based on absolutely nothing and merely disliking the religion doesn't automatically make someone Islamophobic.  It requires ridiculous beliefs such as "Sharia law is coming because someone proposed a study that included the word Islamophobia".

Just now, Omni said:

Ah, the ones who join ISIS perhaps. (Like I said, herding cats.)

So you have no magic method of determining which Muslim will take-on Allah's orders to fight the Unbeliever?

I could have told you that.

So you are a devoted member of the Acceptable Casualties argument.

How many dead kafir from Islam are acceptable?

2 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I don't know anything about him or what he says, so I sure as heck can't determine whether or not he's an Islamaphobe - unlike you, I don't make sweeping judgements based on absolutely nothing and merely disliking the religion doesn't automatically make someone Islamophobic.  It requires ridiculous beliefs such as "Sharia law is coming because someone proposed a study that included the word Islamophobia".

I can assure you, Douglas and I share the same POV.

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

So you have no magic method of determining which Muslim will take-on Allah's orders to fight the Unbeliever?

Nor do you have any such magic. I am telling you that.

13 hours ago, bcsapper said:

I always thought that ISIS were useful idiots for the English Defence League.  I mean, they are playing right into their hands...

The EDL was created as a response to Muslim attacks on returning British soldiers. It does not appear to be an extremist group as far as I have been able to determine, though of course, some extremists have joined it - and been booted out when discovered.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

Zero, of course, but given that argument, everybody, including you, is a devoted member of the acceptible casualties argument.  Literally everyone, who doesn't kill everyone else.

Because you never know...