Islamophobia in Canada

9 hours ago, Peter F said:

Sure its my imagination.  Yah he sure sounds like a happy well adjusted youth who decided that a bunch of kids needed killing. And its not an excuse, He don't need no excuses.  Lordy, its like you guys think that somewhere out there is a rational reason that makes sense for such actions.

Of course there is. It makes sense under the rational of the words these individuals have taken from the quran which allows them to make war on non-Muslims and to kill in either the defense of Islam or in spreading its message.

2 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Zero, of course, but given that argument, everybody, including you, is a devoted member of the acceptible casualties argument.  Literally everyone, who doesn't kill everyone else.

Because you never know...

Not zero, obviously.

1 minute ago, Argus said:

The EDL was created as a response to Muslim attacks on returning British soldiers. It does not appear to be an extremist group as far as I have been able to determine, though of course, some extremists have joined it - and been booted out when discovered.

Yeah, maybe it was the Scottish Defence League...

10924345-620x372.jpg

Just now, Argus said:

Of course there is. It makes sense under the rational of the words these individuals have taken from the quran which allows them to make war on non-Muslims and to kill in either the defense of Islam or in spreading its message.

Peter's argument works if there was JUST one suicide bomber...ever. But I think we've spotted a wee bit of a trend with the Religion of Peace.

1 minute ago, Argus said:

Their goal is to spread Islam around the world.

Along with their goal of getting you to hate and fear Muslims in order to alienate them from Western and progressive societies and force them back into the arms of regressive Islam.  So hey, they are succeeding where you are concerned.   Not succeeding where I'm concerned, so who is doing the better job of fighting Islamic terror?  The ones who follow ISIS plans or the ones who don't?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dialamah said:

Along with their goal of getting you to hate and fear Muslims in order to alienate them from Western and progressive societies and force them back into the arms of regressive Islam.  So hey, they are succeeding where you are concerned.   Not succeeding where I'm concerned, so who is doing the better job of fighting Islamic terror?  The ones who follow ISIS plans or the ones who don't?

So if Islam's detractors shut-up...Islam will be peaceful?

Sure thing.

9 hours ago, Peter F said:

Islam through the dark glasses of preachers like those al-Baghdadi creeps, or Argus or Dog. Their Islam certainly does aid and abet - big time. 

And yet in a Europe filled with progressives and run by progressive for a generation, where authorities have bent over backwards to accede to the demands of local Muslim leaders Muslims feel alienated and hostile towards the native population. Whereas in Canada and the US, which are more conservative countries, and where the determination of progressives to emulate their European counterparts has been somewhat diminished in the face of opposition by conservatives, Muslims are less alienated and less radicalized.

In fact, one could fairly easily say that the likelihood of a Muslim minority in a Western country to be hostile and radicalized depends on how much sway progressives have. The more they have, the more hostile and extremist the local Muslim population seems to be.

Hear, hear. Of course it seems ISIS can be very convincing to SOME folks. To whit...

The idea then is to do what?  Continue heading home from the concert and pick up the bodies in the morning when no-one is around?  I find the notion that blaming the perpetrator for their actions only encourages them so lets not to be an extremely cowardly one.  Put the blame where it lies, and nothing less.  Damn the torpedoes!

22 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Granted, but what'shisface in Manchester was a pretty small minority too.  If they all felt that way.  Creek.

Let's be honest, BC. If they all felt like that we'd soon kill them all. And they know it.

Edited by Argus

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Tell me that after the next Islamic attack.

I'll tell you it now, because if you have a clue, let's prevent the next attack.

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

I'll tell you it now, because if you have a clue, let's prevent the next attack.

No efforts will be made to prevent anything. We know this. Unless putting the UK flag over your FB pic counts.

Edited by DogOnPorch

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

The idea then is to do what?  Continue heading home from the concert and pick up the bodies in the morning when no-one is around?  I find the notion that blaming the perpetrator for their actions only encourages them so lets not to be an extremely cowardly one.  Put the blame where it lies, and nothing less.  Damn the torpedoes!

What?   

Just now, Argus said:

Let's be honest, BC. If they all felt like that we'd soon kill them all. And they know it.

Agreed.  There would certainly be rivers of blood.  Enoch Powell would be given his rightful place in history, I think.

14 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I don't know anything about him or what he says, so I sure as heck can't determine whether or not he's an Islamaphobe - unlike you, I don't make sweeping judgements based on absolutely nothing and merely disliking the religion doesn't automatically make someone Islamophobic.  

Now we're back to the definition of Islamophobia, which everyone seems to be forgetting is the actual purpose of this topic. You don't need to know his exact words to use logical deduction. Given that almost every definition of "Islamophobia" includes words like 'unreasoning or unreasonable, or variations thereof' fear or dislike of Islam, is it even possible for any gay man in the UK to be described as 'unreasoning' in his fear and dislike of Islam given at least half of the Muslims in the UK want him in prison?

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

No efforts will be made to prevent anything. We know this. Unless putting the UK flag over your FB pic counts.

That is exactly what I said.  No-one has a clue what to do about it.

Edited by bcsapper