Islamophobia in Canada

Just now, bcsapper said:

That is exactly what I said.  No-one has a clue what to do about it.

Acceptable Casualties. It's just kafir children. Let's not blow this out of proportion.

1 minute ago, dialamah said:

What?   

You don't understand what I was saying?  Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying.  I thought you were saying that blaming Islam for the ISIS atrocities fed into their hands so we shouldn't do so.

3 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Confirmed: you actually believe that I'm causing Islam's bad behaviour.

No, I believe that ISIS goal is working on you.   You are the one who keeps harping on the threat of Islam, you are the one who wants us to fear and hate Muslims because any one of them might turn at any moment, you are the one who, along with ISIS, works to destroy peaceful co-existence between the West and Muslims.   You are the dupe, you are the patsy, you are the powerless one.   You have no power or influence over ISIS because you believe what they believe.

Edited by dialamah
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Yeah, maybe it was the Scottish Defence League...

10924345-620x372.jpg

Good point. I've travelled and worked in a number of Muslim countries and never was I so frightened and disgusted then when sitting having a drink between flights on my way home in Madrid when a bunch of folks just like in your picture stumbled in pissed after their team had lost to Real Madrid. I was surprised they were even let on the plane. Luckily it was only a short hop up to Heathrow and they were arrested upon arrival. Had many flights on GulfAir and never had that problem.

Just now, dialamah said:

No, I believe that ISIS goal is working on you.   You are the one who keeps harping on the threat of Islam, you are the one who wants us to fear and hate Muslims because any one of them might turn at any moment, you are the one who, along with ISIS, works to destroy peaceful co-existence between the West and Muslims.   You are the dupe, you are the patsy, you are the powerless one.   You have no power or influence over ISIS because you believe what they believe.

Guess what? Islam was a BAD ACTOR before ISIS.

13 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Along with their goal of getting you to hate and fear Muslims in order to alienate them from Western and progressive societies and force them back into the arms of regressive Islam.  

What makes you think Muslims in the west ever LEFT regressive Islam? You and the other Islamophiles continue to pretend there are multiple versions of Islam. There are not. The messages ISIS is putting out are core Islamic principles. The things they are doing as they murder their enemies and enslave women are the same as Muhammed and his men did in the Quran. If  the members of ISIS were suddenly transported back in time Muhammed would adopt them into his cadre of fighters and killers without question or qualm. There's nothing they're doing Muhammed didn't do.

And to repeat, it is we conservatives who have encouraged Muslim immigrants to assimilate into our societies, and you progressive who have done everything you could to dissuade them from assimilating. The result is that in places where progressives hold sway, mainly Europe, Muslims are a separate people within the state.

Edited by Argus

4 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Turns out the old bigot was right.

A few years ahead of his time, is all.  But then, how could the history of the world unfold in any other way?  Humans are not really meant to get along with each other. 

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

You don't understand what I was saying?  Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying.  I thought you were saying that blaming Islam for the ISIS atrocities fed into their hands so we shouldn't do so.

No, blame them absolutely, they are clearly the bad guys here.   What ISIS wants is for us to blame Muslims and Islam, so that we turn against them as we have against the Japanese in the past, and they have to choose to live under oppression in the West or join the ISIS version of Islam.   

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

Night Area Bombing?

Bin done. Results in more inquiries than anything else.  There's no will in the west to actually fight a war.  If there were, there would be no ISIS.

1 minute ago, Argus said:

What makes you think Muslims in the west ever LEFT regressive Islam? 

Because they aren't out killing gays/engaging in honor killings/etc. etc. etc.  Your continued claim that they haven't let that behind, that they are just waiting till there are more of them or they get 'the call' or whatever bunk you believe, is just one more clue of your Islamophobic mindset.

No, blame them absolutely, they are clearly the bad guys here.   What ISIS wants is for us to blame Muslims and Islam, so that we turn against them as we have against the Japanese in the past, and they have to choose to live under oppression in the West or join the ISIS version of Islam.   

Maybe there is a movement afoot to round up all the Muslim's in Canada and put them in work camps like we did those terrible Japanese people when fear mongers had power in the past. 

2 minutes ago, Argus said:

And to repeat, it is we conservatives who have encouraged Muslim immigrants to assimilate into our societies, and you progressive who have done everything you could to dissuade them from assimilating. The result is that in places where progressives hold sway, mainly Europe, Muslims are a separate people within the state.

It is the right's hate and intolerance that will drive them into extremism.

4 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Although there were Japanese internment camps, it didn't erase the fact that some US-Japanese citizens assisted the Imperial Japanese during WW2. Had it been innocent support...that is one thing...but thousands of Allies died as a result of this collaboration. 

Edited by DogOnPorch

Blame them, and Islam, for they are Muslims acting on the tenets of their religion.  Where I draw the line is blaming those Muslims who are not.  I will not call ISIS anything other than what it is though.  A murderous Islamic organization whose only members are Muslims. 

Just now, Omni said:

Maybe there is a movement afoot to round up all the Muslim's in Canada and put them in work camps like we did those terrible Japanese people when fear mongers had power in the past. 

I'm sure that is in the mind of some people, but so far the political leaders haven't succumbed.   Probably depends on how things go over the next few years.   At least the French weren't so misguided as to go in that direction, so there's hope that Canadians won't either, but only time will tell.

2 minutes ago, dialamah said:

Because they aren't out killing gays/engaging in honor killings/etc. etc. etc.  Your continued claim that they haven't let that behind, that they are just waiting till there are more of them or they get 'the call' or whatever bunk you believe, is just one more clue of your Islamophobic mindset.

Animals are now slaughtered in the streets of certain parts of Paris during Eid.

It is the right's hate and intolerance that will drive them into extremism.

I have to say I find this difficult to believe.  It was not hate and intolerance that sent Allah's messenger to the concert that night.  I'm sure there was something more.

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

Blame them, and Islam, for they are Muslims acting on the tenets of their religion.  Where I draw the line is blaming those Muslims who are not.  I will not call ISIS anything other than what it is though.  A murderous Islamic organization whose only members are Muslims. 

That's not strictly true.  A lot of them are mercenaries who may temporarily be "muslim" if they must, but their actual motivation is money/thrill and spoils of war.  I personally don't get that, but apparently some do.

Just now, bcsapper said:

I have to say I find this difficult to believe.  It was not hate and intolerance that sent Allah's messenger to the concert that night.  I'm sure there was something more.

I'm responsible for the Battle of Lepanto! The guys in the wargamer club will be impressed!

Just now, bcsapper said:

I disagree.  ISIS' strict Islamic theology is based on hate and intolerance of anyone different from what they consider acceptable.   ISIS wants their caliphate in the ME, and they want to screw over the West - long term, they'd like to be the one and only world power, I think, but I don't think they'll succeed.

3 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Animals are now slaughtered in the streets of certain parts of Paris during Eid.

Ever been to the Toronto stock yards? They do it everyday, in a most inhumane way. Don't try playing that silly card.