Paris might be problem for Trudeau

cannuck

I didn't make up the prospect of foreign born terrorists using Canada as a springboard to launch a terrorist attack within the United States.........that of course is historic fact.

There was an attempt. Musing about such things certainly isn't helpful. Canadian domestic policy will not be dictated by the United States.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was an attempt. Musing about such things certainly isn't helpful. Canadian domestic policy will not be dictated by the United States.

Why is "musing about such things" not helpful? And helpful to whom? Trudeau?

In light of recent events, if they aren't already, more Canadians should be questioning the prospect of rushing the screening and security process of 25000 refugees that will be slashed by the Liberal Government.......The one Paris attacker, that came in through a Greek camp, was processed in early October of this year.

In reference to the United States, I clearly spoke to the American response, which would pay little heed to Canada in determining its response to a terrorist attack, launched through Canada and fostered by the Trudeau Liberals political pandering and bid to keep an inane promise.

In reference to the United States, I clearly spoke to the American response, which would pay little heed to Canada in determining its response to a terrorist attack, launched through Canada and fostered by the Trudeau Liberals political pandering and bid to keep an inane promise.

Every party was promising more refugees. The Liberal promise was merely the largest.

Every party was promising more refugees. The Liberal promise was merely the largest.

More refugees isn't the problem, slashing the process in screening said refugees, coming from a war zone, of which ISIS itself has stated they have members among (and was confirmed in Paris) for political expediency is.

More refugees isn't the problem, slashing the process in screening said refugees, coming from a war zone, of which ISIS itself has stated they have members among (and was confirmed in Paris) for political expediency is.

I'm not in favour of that. On the other hand, we don't know exactly what the process will be. I think we need to understand it before we condemn it.

I'm not in favour of that. On the other hand, we don't know exactly what the process will be. I think we need to understand it before we condemn it.

No, when the very Government department's website that will process the refugees states, on average the process takes 36 months, and Trudeau's political pandering will either force a compression to ~7 weeks, it is clear corners will be cut..........some have suggested we just take in women and children to speed up the process, or men with families etc........but that too is ignorant, as ISIS has female members, one of the Paris attackers was 15 years old and one of the named attackers had a wife and young daughter..........there goes that work around.

The alternative, we bring them here and concentrate them in camps under guard.........but then, why would be bring people into this country that we have to keep locked up for our own safety?

No, there is no strategy, there was a promise made during an election and nothing more.

The Trudeau Government's intent is dangerous, for no other purpose than to feed his ego.

I'll also leave the ascribing of motive to you. I'll wait until the plan is revealed. I'll criticize it them (I'm critical of the entire refugee program the world over, after all).

I won't however, be up at night worrying about terrorists. It is a concern that should be taken seriously. We shouldn't lose ourselves in it though.

If we give up who we are in fear, we're all victims.

Ahh no, I don't think many in our society would think it prudent to rush in refugees from the Middle East, in the days and weeks after a terror attack, launched by a group that placed its members among said refugees.......that is just ignorant, and there is no logical reasons as to why we have to compromise our own security by rushing the process to allow Trudeau to keep a political promise.

I'm not even sure you're talking to me anymore, given that has very little to do with what I said.

Yes it does though, you suggested giving into fear changes us, resulting in us all becoming victims.........that suggests we are collectively stupid.

Inversely, taking unnecessary risks with our national security, for no logical reason, is risky, doubly so with the recent events in Paris.......As I said, there is no logical reason as to why we have to rush the screening process for refugees, doing so isn't abating fear, its giving into the reckless ego of a politician.

Fully agree. I also think we should ferociously suppress anti-Muslim, anti-refugee agitation. Invite local Muslims to cooperate in identifying Islamic extremism's supporters -- they are ordinary Muslims' worst enemies, after all.

Absolutely. We have to learn to differentiate between the Islam we respect as much as Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, etc, and the Islam we abhor. Like these Muslims. Very brave people.

“My dear Muslim brothers and sisters, it is time to make our voices heard: we must rise up massively and tell the barbarians who ordered, executed or condoned the acts of mass murder just committed in Paris that from now on we will take the lead in fighting and hunting them down, not just beside, but ahead of, our Christian, Jewish, or agnostic brothers and sisters.

"We must do so because Muslims are the extremists’ first victims and because we have mustered the courage to take our responsibilities and launch a massive, global movement for Islamic reform.

"If we do not, we must accept that these monsters represent Islam (and us) in the face of the entire world. With obvious consequences in many an forthcoming European election. The choice is ours.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11995913/Terrorists-are-defining-Islam.-We-Muslims-must-react.html

Edited by bcsapper

The alternative, we bring them here and concentrate them in camps under guard.........but then, why would be bring people into this country that we have to keep locked up for our own safety?

No, there is no strategy, there was a promise made during an election and nothing more.

Once someone gets into this country and our legal system gets ahold of them, they are almost impossible to get rid of.