• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Argue honestly? Please elaborate. That statement means squat.

You make things up. It's dishonest. You don't like the way an argument is going so you make stuff up. What paranoia? What refugees?

Edited by bcsapper

What could I be making up? All I hear is paranoia about the refugees.

We were discussing FGM in the UK and Canada. I made the point that it was an issue in the UK and could become one in Canada, because laws against it were difficult to enforce when the instances of it were not reported. Why did you accuse me of being paranoid and bring up refugees?

We were discussing FGM in the UK and Canada. I made the point that it was an issue in the UK and could become one in Canada, because laws against it were difficult to enforce when the instances of it were not reported. Why did you accuse me of being paranoid and bring up refugees?

Because you are associating fgm with refugees. Now who is the dishonest one.

Because you are associating fgm with refugees. Now who is dishonest. Or it could be we have too many threads on refugees, Muslims etc so they all blend into one. Hard to keep them separate. Edited by WestCoastRunner

Because you are associating fgm with refugees. Now who is dishonest. Or it could be we have too many threads on refugees, Muslims etc so they all blend into one. Hard to keep them separate.

It's a good job I check on stuff before I post, or I wouldn't have caught your edit. I am not dishonest. I did not associate fgm with refugees. We do have a lot of threads on the subject. This one is associated with certain cultural practices and descriptions thereof.

It's a good job I check on stuff before I post, or I wouldn't have caught your edit. I am not dishonest. I did not associate fgm with refugees. We do have a lot of threads on the subject. This one is associated with certain cultural practices and descriptions thereof.

Well you did say 'why would Canada be different' which led to my questioning your posts.

Well you did say 'why would Canada be different' which led to my questioning your posts.

My point was, in the UK FGM is happening and very few reports are made. You can't enforce laws if the crimes are not reported.

That said, and shamefully, those that have been reported in the UK have not resulted in convictions, as far as I know.

My point was, in the UK FGM is happening and very few reports are made. You can't enforce laws if the crimes are not reported.

That said, and shamefully, those that have been reported in the UK have not resulted in convictions, as far as I know.

Again, these acts can be detected from hospitals and doctors.

Again, these acts can be detected from hospitals and doctors.

Yes, they can. It just doesn't seem to make any difference.

Who knows? Maybe in Canada there's a will to prosecute. I hope so.

now you're just reaching! Do you really want to begin a discussion on how parties handle the media... are you sure you want to go there? :lol:

Oh.

Left freaks about Harper not wanting media...

but ok when JT visits a known terrorist spawning ground and doesn't want media in on the meeting.

gotcha

Edited by drummindiver

So if you don't know, why bother displaying your ignorance.

We don't know because we don't keep statistics and because such things remain within the community. We know it happens in the UK and In France and in other western countries, so we know it happens here. We just don't know how often.

What is your point here?

That your moronic comparison between things here and the way they are in the Muslim world are almost unbelievably stupid.

Here. This is what you and your type are desperate to defend. This is the treatment of women you are championing.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-34205911

And it's mostly practiced by isolated communities or communities without strong literate leaders. That won't happen in Canada. But by all means let's cry 'the sky is falling'.

Isolated communities? 92% of Egyptian women were subjected to it as little girls and you continue to try to gloss over it and pretend it hardly ever happens.

So you don't denounce the practices? You just denounce everything about their culture and that's despite the fact that women face all kinds of violence here as well.

Cultural relativism is an ugly aspect of liberal bigotry. When you compare the occasional, isolated acts of violence here to the endemic misogyny of the Muslim world I know your only purpose here is to act as an enabler and protector of that kind of mindset.