Donald Trumpisms

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford had his own thread on the board so I thought Donald Trump also deserves the same respect:

Rob Ford supplied daily Fordisms that appeared to entertain the public so we will see if Donald is able to compete. The latest has Donald questioning if heroes are heroes if they get captured - with special reference to John McCain;

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/18/politics/donald-trump-john-mccain-war-hero/index.html

Earlier, McCain had criticized the kind of people that Trump was drawing to himself - and Trump had responded - "Sen. John McCain should be defeated in the primaries. Graduated last in his class at Annapolis - dummy!"

Another gift that just keeps giving.

Edited by Big Guy

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that the reporter feels that the bigger problem for Trump with that audience was that he had trouble answering repeated questions about his "relationship with God" and when asked if he had asked God for forgiveness, he said "no."

-k

Interesting that the reporter feels that the bigger problem for Trump with that audience was that he had trouble answering repeated questions about his "relationship with God" and when asked if he had asked God for forgiveness, he said "no."

-k

His problem is he's having a hard time seeing anyone but himself as God.

The people who support Trump don't care about John McCain. McCain is one of those "establishment Republicans" that these people already hate.

The people who'll be turned off by Trump's comments about McCain are people who already support mainstream candidates like Jeb Bush.

His problem is he's having a hard time seeing anyone but himself as God.

I'm less interested in Trump's religious views and more interested in the assessment that his saying he hadn't asked God for forgiveness posed a significant problem for his campaign.

-k

The people who support Trump don't care about John McCain. McCain is one of those "establishment Republicans" that these people already hate.

The people who'll be turned off by Trump's comments about McCain are people who already support mainstream candidates

-k

Sorry kimmy but you're way out to lunch on this one. But please continue to tell me how people that are more aligned to my politics think about his comments and how we will or won't be turned off, it's more than amusing! Lol.

Sorry kimmy but you're way out to lunch on this one. But please continue to tell me how people that are more aligned to my politics think about his comments and how we will or won't be turned off, it's more than amusing! Lol.

But you're not aligned with Trump at all. You're one of those Republicans that doesn't support Trump in the first place. You're one of the mainstream Republicans who want guys like Jeb Bush or Chris Christie to win.

The only reason Trump is a factor at all right now is that the Tea Tard fringe has rallied behind him. And those guys really don't give a crap about John McCain.

-k

And several responses from others in the GOP field:

Rick Perry:

“Donald Trump should apologize immediately for attacking Senator McCain and all veterans who have protected and served our country,” Perry said in a statement. “As a veteran and an American, I respect Sen. McCain because he volunteered to serve his country. I cannot say the same of Mr. Trump. His comments have reached a new low in American politics. His attack on veterans make him unfit to be Commander-in-Chief of the U.S. Armed Forces, and he should immediately withdraw from the race for President.”

Jeb Bush:

Enough with the slanderous attacks. @SenJohnMcCain and all our veterans - particularly POWs have earned our respect and admiration.

Scott Walker:

“He needs to apologize to Senator McCain and all the other men and women who have worn the uniform,” Walker told reporters following a campaign stop in Sioux City. “It’s just a disgrace.”

Rubio:

“America’s POWs deserve much better than to have their service questioned by the offensive rantings of Donald Trump”

From the RNC:

“Senator McCain is an American hero because he served his country and sacrificed more than most can imagine. Period,” RNC Chief Strategist and Communications Director Sean Spicer said in a statement. “There is no place in our party or our country for comments that disparage those who have served honorably.”

And, the best, from Mitt Romney:

“The difference between @SenJohnMcCain and @realDonaldTrump: Trump shot himself down. McCain and American veterans are true heroes.”

And this guy:

PHP4722314B218FC.jpg

was also on Twitter today commenting on what he feels is important:

Navy Petty Officer 2nd Class Randall Smith, who was seriously wounded in the Chattanooga shootings, has died.

Class versus the Ass.....

Donald Trump has never been and will never be a viable candidate for GOP nomination or POTUS. His job is to create buzz, and he's very good at that...even works "north of the border".

Obama felt threatened by Trump around 5 years ago or so.

But I guess you know more than a guy who won two terms?

WWWTT

I like this one from 2012 when Trump said " We have nobody in Washington that sits back and said, you’re not going to raise that fucking price" about the price of oil and OPEC.

This is funny because, supposedly, W Bush did ask Saudi Arabia to reduce the price of oil in January of 2008.

The Saudis, ever so grateful to the US for wiping out Iraq, declined.

But the arrogance and impotence shown here goes further.

Think of it in terms of Iran and the war hawks who think that if they just had some tough guy in the White House then Iran would roll over.

As much as some Republicans want nothing to do with him, Trump is the Republicans to a Tea.

I sincerely hope Trump wins the GOP nomination. He has way more entertainment value than Perry, or Bush,... or Cruz for that matter. Just make sure to keep him away from dangerous toys like the launch codes.

I don't think they give those things to the GOP presidential candidate.

WWWTT

The Donald seems intent on bringing the mythical ugly American to life.

The Donald IS the ugly American. He's a narcissistic blowhard who demonstrates with every word that no matter how much money daddy leaves you you can't buy class.

Trump is probably not in this not for the Presidency but to help his friend McCain win and what better why not to be President and to help your friend, than to say the things he's saying. Voters wouldn't like it and would probably go for McCain and against Trump. Of course, Trump could be a closet Democrat, helping the Clintons.

Yay! Free publicity! There's no such thing as bad publicity!

Although, his comments have already cost him multiple millions of dollars in dropped deals for his TV show and clothing lines and other ventures.

But hey, free publicity! Yay!

-k

Trump is probably not in this not for the Presidency but to help his friend McCain win and what better why not to be President and to help your friend, than to say the things he's saying. Voters wouldn't like it and would probably go for McCain and against Trump. Of course, Trump could be a closet Democrat, helping the Clintons.

McCain isn't Trump's friend. And McCain isn't running for president.

-k

Yay! Free publicity! There's no such thing as bad publicity!

Although, his comments have already cost him multiple millions of dollars in dropped deals for his TV show and clothing lines and other ventures.

Trump has already earned and lost billions regardless of this or previous political games. He is probably better known in Canada than some of the same stale "candidates" in Canada, which has an election in October.