Immigration

It would equal the rules between capital and people- and create a system where people could leave countries with fewer rights as well as taking steps to better coordinate global regulations

Costs would be transitional- more infrastructure for monitoring security for example

First of all, why should it be an aim of ours to equalize rules between capital and people? How do I, or the people in Canada benefit from that? Why should we care about equalizing global regulations? Second, countries with fewer rights generally have fewer rights because of the cultural values of the people who reside within those countries. Those people tolerate, and in some cases even demand draconian limits to free expression. As I've said before, it isn't government tyranny which keeps gays from holding gay pride parades in Muslim countries, it's the fact they'd be mobbed and beaten to death by enraged passersby. During that phase of my life where I worked at low level jobs I ran into an awful lot of third world immigrants. They all delighted in Canada's freedom - towards them. But any time the discussion involved politics, religion or social mores they expressed dumbfounded consternation at why this or that group was allowed to do or say or act in a particular way. They certainly didn't support freedom for others, just for them. This is the sort of simplistic background you get in the third world. Which is okay, except that we're bringing millions and millions of them here, and they already outnumber us in certain places. Inevitably, their voting pattern will begin to affect politics and law and influence towards the sort of belief systems they hold.

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You choose to ignore the actual stats to promote your own simple minded position, so I will leave it there. As has been pointed out, even Harper gets the idea when it comes to immigration. So there is some hope.

You haven't posted any stats. You don't KNOW any stats. You don't know or care anything about immigration other than anyone who opposes it is as it is must be "racist". I'm tired of dealing with your childish pettiness and ignorance.

First of all, why should it be an aim of ours to equalize rules between capital and people? How do I, or the people in Canada benefit from that? Why should we care about equalizing global regulations? Second, countries with fewer rights generally have fewer rights because of the cultural values of the people who reside within those countries. Those people tolerate, and in some cases even demand draconian limits to free expression. As I've said before, it isn't government tyranny which keeps gays from holding gay pride parades in Muslim countries, it's the fact they'd be mobbed and beaten to death by enraged passersby. During that phase of my life where I worked at low level jobs I ran into an awful lot of third world immigrants. They all delighted in Canada's freedom - towards them. But any time the discussion involved politics, religion or social mores they expressed dumbfounded consternation at why this or that group was allowed to do or say or act in a particular way. They certainly didn't support freedom for others, just for them. This is the sort of simplistic background you get in the third world. Which is okay, except that we're bringing millions and millions of them here, and they already outnumber us in certain places. Inevitably, their voting pattern will begin to affect politics and law and influence towards the sort of belief systems they hold.

Apparently you were unfortunate in the environment of those low level jobs, you didn't meet a similar group of immigrants I have been lucky enough to meet. Most of them, as you say, relish in the freedoms we, and they enjoy here, and are totally committed to support them for all.

You haven't posted any stats. You don't KNOW any stats. You don't know or care anything about immigration other than anyone who opposes it is as it is must be "racist". I'm tired of dealing with your childish pettiness and ignorance.

One of the links I posted for your proposed enlightenment was i fact generated by a government office known as statscanada. Stats is what they do. The link is full of stats. Maybe that's actually why they call it STATScanada.

. That's why their countries aren't very successful, that's why they'd want to leave them in the 1st place to come a country with universal healthcare and of course welfare benefits when they inevitably can't find a job here.

There Would have to be transitional control to stem refugee migration

Canada was originally built by people from North-Western Europe, who spoke english or french, were Christian in religion, and believed in liberal democracy.

Canada was originally built and inhabited by numerous nations with their own languages, cultures, and forms of government well before First Contact.

I think you can hopefully figure out the answer to that yourself. However that's not the plan.

I'm sorry, but I'm confused. If the avowed goal is to counteract our aging population why is Canada bringing in 40,000 seniors each year, and why have the Liberal Party and New Democratic Party promised to make it easier for people to bring in their parents and grandparents?

Is it that the stated goal is not considered very important?

I'm sorry, but I'm confused. If the avowed goal is to counteract our aging population why is Canada bringing in 40,000 seniors each year, and why have the Liberal Party and New Democratic Party promised to make it easier for people to bring in their parents and grandparents?

Is it that the stated goal is not considered very important?

Canada is on it's way to having more deaths than births. It will take immigration to overcome that. Can't make it any simpler. The immigration system works on points. Skill levels result in more points.

I think sometimes mixing different cultures when they're in large numbers can create problems. Look at the problems we've had historically between Quebec and the rest of Canada for example. Look at the problems in European countries with large Muslim immigration. It's nice to think we'll all be one big happy family but reality doesn't work like that.

Agreed,

Michael Hardner pays no mind to relevant history. Even if one is ignorant of relevant history, however, one should be able to contemplate the value of social cohesion and the consequences of its absence. Contemporary and irresponsible immigration policies combine with destructive "multiculturalism" polices to wreak havoc on social cohesion.

Canada is on it's way to having more deaths than births. It will take immigration to overcome that. Can't make it any simpler. The immigration system works on points. Skill levels result in more points.

Is it your contention that Canada's population must grow, no matter what the cost?

Hi. I'm still confused. We're having more deaths than births because of an aging population. Where is the sense, please, in bringing over a lot of new seniors to die here? Also, aren't people sponsored by their families exempt from the points system? I'm pretty sure they are.

Well that's a silly way to load a question to start with, but, if company's can't find workers down the road, the ask them if there will be a cost.

It's not a loaded question. It's a fair inference based on your statement. Further, I asked a question in good faith rather than render a statement.

Hi. I'm still confused. We're having more deaths than births because of an aging population. Where is the sense, please, in bringing over a lot of new seniors to die here? Also, aren't people sponsored by their families exempt from the points system? I'm pretty sure they are.

If you check statscan's actual #'s you see that most immigrants are between 29 and 44, hardly one foot in the grave. And that most of them are so called economic immigrants, which means they are deemed most likely to help or stimulate the economy. But you are right, we will all die one day.

Hi. Please explain to me how we help to offset our aging population by bringing in seniors from other countries. Thanks.

We don't. The purpose of immigration is to gain ethnic votes for the party in power. Read the cites I posted. It cannot do much about our aging population, particularly since so many immigrants are elderly.

If you check statscan's actual #'s you see that most immigrants are between 29 and 44, hardly one foot in the grave

Forty thousand seniors a year costing $1.5-2 billion sounds like a pretty strange thing to me. Why would the Liberals and New Democrats want to increase that?

These people, unlike those who have lived their lives in Canada, have not contributed anything to the health care system but will draw large resources in their elder years. The more we bring over, the more cost to us, and the more crowded our health care system becomes.

Edited by Civis Romanus sum

Been in a classroom in an urban centre lately? This shouldn't need backing up. Forty three percent of the population of Vancouver is now Asian, the majority of them having arrived within the last forty years, and that number continues to rise with continuing immigration. It will be a majority Asian city within ten years. More than half of Toronto's population is foreign born, and that number is rising, as well.

Argus, cranky old crackers have always been in the minority and hopefully always will be. Get over it already.

Forty thousand seniors a year costing $1.5-2 billion sounds like a pretty strange thing to me. Why would the Liberals and New Democrats want to increase that?

These people, unlike those who have lived their lives in Canada, have not contributed anything to the health care system but will draw large resources in their elder years. The more we bring over, the more cost to us, and the more crowded our health care system becomes.

You are welcome to pick apart whatever pieces of the immigration system that you like/don't like. My point on this thread has been only that we do need it in one form or another for the reasons given, based on stats can published information.