Tax Single Mothers

I didn't engage with you initially. It was Shady's post which I addressed and he specifically was talking about single-MOTHERS. Perhaps, next time, read the quote to which I'm replying.

Single mothers are not excluded from the proposal....so you would agree if both fathers and mothers were taxed ?

As for the purpose of this tax, no it's ridiculous. It's nothing like a carbon-tax because single-parent families are not uniformly bad for the country. Lots of kids grow up to be productive members of society and their parents are self-reliant and, yes of course, some are some bad apples.

OK...then just like the carbon taxing scheme(s), build in tax rebates for successful parents that don't need government supports. This rhetorical exercise just keeps on giving....brilliant !

But guess what? Same can be said about nuclear-families so if we want to tax bad parents, there has to be a different criteria.

Fine by me....tax them all !!

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't engage with you initially. It was Shady's post which I addressed and he specifically was talking about single-MOTHERS. Perhaps, next time, read the quote to which I'm replying.

As for the purpose of this tax, no it's ridiculous. It's nothing like a carbon-tax because single-parent families are not uniformly bad for the country. Lots of kids grow up to be productive members of society and their parents are self-reliant and, yes of course, some are some bad apples.

But guess what? Same can be said about nuclear-families so if we want to tax bad parents, there has to be a different criteria.

Not all carbon is bad. The same way not all single parent family are bad. Some none carbon energy us bad. You basically proved shady' point.

But I doubt you can comprehend this difficult comparison. Most people lack enough intelligence.

Not all carbon is bad. The same way not all single parent family are bad. Some none carbon energy us bad. You basically proved shady' point.

But I doubt you can comprehend this difficult comparison. Most people lack enough intelligence.

Single parent families are not bad. Not a single one! When you target single parent families as bad, you are targeting the children, do you get that? Children are minors.

Edited by WestCoastRunner

So Shady has chosen to disappear from this thread but yet is quite prolific at targeting groups on the status updates with no responsibility on his part to defend his posts. First of all, he attacks female single parents and then chooses to attack high school dropouts who have their own challenges for completing high school, without researching the reasons why there are single female parent households and why kids are dropping out of highschool. Instead he chooses to target these groups for taxation? Unbelievable on the status updates that are posted with no scrutiny.

And I was so disappointed that this thread was locked for really no apparent reason that I could see, except that MH thought posters were getting too passionate about the issue. Since when do we lock threads for this reason?

Edited by WestCoastRunner

Really? I lack the intelligence to understand you and Shady?

Never mind that your post clearly violates forum rules and I should not bother responding - but it's too easy to pass up. So by your logic, ALL parents should be taxed since there is a chance they children they bring up could end up costing society more than providing for it.

Thank you for proving Shady's point about *single-parents* wrong. It was blatantly uncalled for.

As for the absurd comparison of taxing people for having children - really? So you think we oughta be like China and reprimand people for having kids?

Does it look like we have an overpopulation issue like China?

...Does it look like we have an overpopulation issue like China?

Didn't expect that....are you advocating for such taxes or sanctions when there is "overpopulation" ?

This seems to be inconsistent with previous posts, but perhaps I misunderstand.

When is it OK to have a carbon...errrr...parent tax ?

Somehow you don't exactly strike me as a next-level guy yourself, Fred.

-k

Didn't expect that....are you advocating for such taxes or sanctions when there is "overpopulation" ?

This seems to be inconsistent with previous posts, but perhaps I misunderstand.

When is it OK to have a carbon...errrr...parent tax ?

Apparently you do misunderstand. Excess carbon kills people. Parents create people. I cant make it any simpler for you.

So Shady has chosen to disappear from this thread but yet is quite prolific at targeting groups on the status updates with no responsibility on his part to defend his posts. First of all, he attacks female single parents and then chooses to attack high school dropouts who have their own challenges for completing high school, without researching the reasons why there are single female parent households and why kids are dropping out of highschool. Instead he chooses to target these groups for taxation? Unbelievable on the status updates that are posted with no scrutiny.

And I was so disappointed that this thread was locked for really no apparent reason that I could see, except that MH thought posters were getting too passionate about the issue. Since when do we lock threads for this reason?

Hmm ... Is it possible shady's 'in the cooler'? ;)

Hmm ... Is it possible shady's 'in the cooler'? ;)

I think he understands there is no point in arguing his saying. Because he made it sarcastically as a comparison to something else. He also understands that a majority of people on earth lack the IQ to understand that. Edited by Freddy

I think he understands there is no point in arguing his saying. Because he made it sarcastically as a comparison to something else. He also understands that a majority of people on earth lack the IQ to understand that.

So, just to recap my experience on this thread - we went from single-mothers raising drains on society, to single-parents raising drains on society, to only single-parents *at birth* raising drains on society (which indirectly brought the onus back to single-mothers instead of single-parents), and lastly - to all children being the equivalent of carbon.

Now, the point of the thread is too obscure to define, only intelligent people get it but they won't share.

Edited by BC_chick

So, just to recap my experience on this thread - we went from single-mothers raising drains on society, to single-parents raising drains on society, to only single-parents *at birth* raising drains on society (which indirectly brought the onus back to single-mothers instead of single-parents), and lastly - to all children being the equivalent of carbon.

Now, the point of the thread is too obscure to define, only intelligent people get it but they won't share.

:). Yea, It's not really a thread worth wasting your time on , unless popcorn forum entertainment is your thing. But your post made me smile, and that's always enjoyable. Edited by Freddy

Shady made a sarcastic remark, WCR got outraged and made a thread in an attempt to lure someone into something.

Don't worry about it; the only thing to "get" is that one member trolled and another bit down hard.

Nope...it was a brilliantly executed update....not trolling at all. Single mothers are fair game, just like everyone else.

No they're not...and you know it. Society makes it easier every day for single mothers and that trend is not going to change. Even the suggestion of holding them accountable sent WCR into an outrage.

No they're not...and you know it. Society makes it easier every day for single mothers and that trend is not going to change. Even the suggestion of holding them accountable sent WCR into an outrage.

Oh yes they are...we calls 'em "Welfare Queens". Even Bill Clinton rained on their parade. Fair game....all day...every day.

Shady made a sarcastic remark, WCR got outraged and made a thread in an attempt to lure someone into something.

Don't worry about it; the only thing to "get" is that one member trolled and another bit down hard.

I started a thread to hold a member accountable to their statement. Status updates are far too easy a method of posting an opinion and not backing it up (even if it's rhetorical). Especially when it's directed specifically at single mothers. One of the more vulnerable groups in society that don't always stand up for themselves.