Tax Single Mothers

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where else would we ever see numbers like this and completely disregard any idea of bias?

Work place death gender bias.

Suicide rate gender bias.

Life expectancy gender bias.

Funding for cancer gender bias.

Gender bias in sentencing for similar crimes.

Etc.

It's almost like there is a pattern here. Let's see if Cybercoma or WestCoastRunner can recognize it.

Oh for gods sake. Women can breastfeed or provide formula. I don't care. I'm just saying that breastmilk is superior to formula.

Thus it's in the child's best interest that the mother be with the child at a young age.

Thus the mother is more likely to become the 'primary caregiver'.

Thus we get sexist discrimination in custody because men can't lactate (technically there are some rare exceptions).

This thread is a perfect example why some conventional ways of doing things don't need to be questioned. When it comes to having children, Maybe it's best if we stopped trying to reinvent the wheel. When it comes down to it, we can't apply our obsessions with equality and fairness, to children. It's just not possible and cause more damage to the natural arrangement we have achieved. Nature never had Equality In mind. If It did we wouldn't be killing millions of species everyday like we are presently.

Edited by Freddy

I'm not going to get into that debate in this thread, but 1) the baby doesn't need to be attached to the mother's breast to get breast milk, and 2) formula is not in any way harmful to children. Many people shame women for not breast feeding, but many can't or simply don't want to. The choice is theirs. So, there's no reason a man couldn't take care of his child while the mother is at work. We have the tools for that.

When you say we have the tools for this, is this what you are referring to?

Of course you don't. You take every opportunity to degrade women and put them in their place.

By stating they should not be stigmatized if they are unable to breastfeed?

So, you are branding him a misogynist for disagreeing with you. And for sticking up for women who may not be able to breastfeed.

This forum gets effing better every day.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Perhaps if she had to pay for her own children, she'd stop before having 8. Instead, because she's subsidized, getting more money for each additional child, she just keeps on trucking.

Thus it's in the child's best interest that the mother be with the child at a young age.

Thus we get sexist discrimination in custody because men can't lactate (technically there are some rare exceptions).

Your attitude reveals the evils of libertarian thinking.....every man for himself etc! What kind of world do you expect to live in if there is no social responsibility for the quality of life for children growing up and eventually coming of age?

I'm reminded that, according to a number of Japanese social critics, the most likely reason for Japan's extremely low birth rates is:

1. women have full control over their reproduction, so there's no compulsory motherhood as in conservative societies.

2. the state at all levels of government offers nothing to help young Japanese couples start families. The costs of parenthood are highest in the world, because rising real estate and housing costs have demanded most work long hours with no assistance for daycare or even taking unpaid leave.

So, if women can control pregnancy and can clearly see that their lives will be financially ruined if they have children...they won't! And the alternative conservative paradise of no abortion or birth control allowed, will just mean trying to raise children in abject poverty. Either scenario should be unacceptable for anyone with any semblance of social conscience.

Not necessarily! I know of several cases where the father was awarded custody even for a two year old. The all-to-often problem is that a lot of guys look at separation and divorce settlements as some sort of competitive game! Even when they have been absent and uninvolved fathers who don't give a rat's ass about their kids, they still fight tooth and nail for custody.

Your attitude reveals the evils of libertarian thinking.

I'm an 'evil libertarian' because I support gender egalitarianism and recognize the sexism in the court system with respect to child custody? Wtf. How does this even make sense?

1. women have full control over their reproduction, so there's no compulsory motherhood as in conservative societies.

Japanese men are far less willing on average to marry than japanese women. They've done polls on this. The whole idea of working yourself to an early grave to while not seeing your kids much isn't very appealing to many young japanese men. It's one of the reasons you get the soshoku danshi phenomenon.

2. the state at all levels of government offers nothing to help young Japanese couples start families.

I think you need to consider cultural factors as well. Plus the lack of finding stable jobs.

I know of several cases where the father was awarded custody even for a two year old.

That's rare. The existence of a few cases where child gets custody doesn't mean discrimination doesn't exist for child custody.

The all-to-often problem is that a lot of guys look at separation and divorce settlements as some sort of competitive game!

And women don't do this?

Even when they have been absent and uninvolved fathers who don't give a rat's ass about their kids, they still fight tooth and nail for custody.

Women do the same. Doesn't justify discrimination in child custody.

I'm an 'evil libertarian' because I support gender egalitarianism and recognize the sexism in the court system with respect to child custody? Wtf. How does this even make sense?

I believe that libertarianism has become a dominant force in modern thinking on many levels. And the attitude of everybody grabbing what they can for themselves is more harmful on balance for women than it is for men, because of factors like aggression, greater ability to use physical force or threaten the use of force to achieve goals, and the simple fact that most of the burdens of childrearing are for women to deal with....even in an era where the courts step in the cases of failed marriages etc.,

Japanese men are far less willing on average to marry than japanese women. They've done polls on this. The whole idea of working yourself to an early grave to while not seeing your kids much isn't very appealing to many young japanese men. It's one of the reasons you get the soshoku danshi phenomenon.

But, why are they unwilling to marry? Even the women worry about the difficulties trying to raise children in Japan, I'm sure these problems are also on the minds of many men.

You want single mothers to pay the same amount of taxes as those with no childrearing responsibilities.

So wanting the law to apply equally to everyone = evil libertarianism now?

Well I guess communism is classified as evil libertarianism under that definition since everyone pays the same tax rate (100%).