Truth and Reconciliation... Legitimacy

I would like to remove it. Destroy is a pretty loaded word.

Remove their legal existence as distinct peoples? And that's because you are engaged to a FN woman? So you have all the expertise we need for you to make the decision? Try telling that to the francaphone people of Quebec. I'll be on the sidelines watching!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't want white men interfering, they want the money and in turn say they'll take care of whatever issue. We can't hold them accountable, once we do, we have people like you and Jacee calling us racists.

I remember a story a couple years back (no cite) about a reserve that refused to let the white man build a clean water resevoir on their reserve, we gave them $6mill to handle the problem themselves. A year later the TV cameras went back to the reserve and found one FN dude pouring bleach into the water reserves, nothing fixed and no money left or accounted for. Oh yeah, the creek was filled with empty bleach bottles.

Of course they don't want white men interfering. Do you blame them? Like I say, let's help them to hold their FN's leaders accountable.

What's happening right now is closer to genocide. You're obviously an idealist, but i don't think you've been to a reserve before - or seen the effects of what that environment does to children generation after generation.

Hence the reasons we need to help them to keep their leaders accountable.

What would you, Jacee and the rest do if Stephen Harper or Christy Clark announced they were sending in someone to manage the FN reserves and their money?

Probably not a good idea. Clearly, they need to own the management but perhaps they can be offered guidance. There is obviously mismanagement at all levels. We need to work together to resolve them. It's a no-brainer.

Edited by WestCoastRunner