what is your gender identity and why?

The same people who are in support of lgbt/gender issues also support Muslim orthodoxy and their attitudes which are directly at odds with leftist Core beliefs. Seems a bit strange to me. That's all. What's the connection?

Yes, it's pretty clear that some people are confused with the concept of "rights". I may not agree with your religion, or your expression, but I believe you have the right to hold and express them, within reason. I can, at the same time, agree that Catholicism represents patriarchy, represents old and dead ideas, and even represents repression and yet still believe that it has a right to exist.

Binary thinking makes it impossible for people to understand these things, so try thinking a little more openly and see if that helps.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we're letting in 250,000 Muslims to Canada per year

Source?

The total immigration per year is between 221,000-262,000 people (source).

In 2010, Canada accepted 280,681 immigrants (permanent and temporary) of which 186,913 (67%) were Economic immigrants; 60,220 (22%) were Family class; 24,696 (9%) were Refugees; and 8,845 (2%) were Other. (source)

In 2011, 35.6% of refugee were from China (11.5%), Philippines (14.1%), and India (10%), no other individual country exceeded 5% of the total immigration numbers. (source)

As for religion, which was your point, out of the roughly 250000 people who immigrate each year the vast majority of them are not Muslim. The largest share of Muslim immigrants were Pakistani, which made up 2.4% of those 250,000 immigrants. (source) (source) That means around 6000 immigrants comprised the largest share of Muslims who came from a single country in 2011.

As for the connection to gender issues, the largest single source of Muslims came from Pakistan. Pakistan, as a Muslim country, has had a female leader (Benazir Bhutto, 1988-1990 and 1993-1996). How many female prime ministers have we elected? None. Kim Campbell became Prime Minister by acceding to leadership after Brian Mulroney stepped down and she was summarily crushed in the following election. How many female presidents has the United States had? None. Not even close. A female hasn't even had the nomination of a major party yet. Other Muslims nations have had female leadership as well, namely, Turkey, Indonesia, and Bangladesh. Those countries respectively made up 0.5%, 0.16%, and 1% of the total number of immigrants who came to Canada in 2011 as well (source). So Muslims made up a minority of our immigration and substantial number of those came from nations that have had more progressive leadership than our own or the United States.

So did you want to rephrase your post?

Edited by cybercoma

LemonPureLeaf - I don't disagree with your concerns, but could you please start another thread on that topic? I would prefer that this thread focus on gender identity.

Btw, I still have yet to see 1 cisgendered person justify their gender identity. You would think that with all the cisgendered people in this thread, that at least 1 person could explain to me why they are cisgendered and what it means to them to identify with a gender.

Edited by -1=e^ipi

so once the Muslims are in majority you think they will rule Canada as we have?

First we will have the Asians running this place, then perhaps someone else will take a turn.

But dont you worry, you'll be dead long before any of this happens.

and this....

we're letting in 250,000 Muslims to Canada per year

Dumb....really dumb, but par for the course. Id ask for a cite, but none exists since we know the way tin foil/whackjobs work.

To -1 - I post because I enjoy the process of sharing views with others. If I did not then I would not waste precious time here. I do not enjoy getting involved in an escalating innuendo of personal insults. You appear comfortable with that process. Good for you. I do not. Good for me. If you want any response from me then post civilly and respectfully and you will get a response in kind. If not, then you will get no response.

LemonPureLeaf - I don't disagree with your concerns, but could you please start another thread on that topic? I would prefer that this thread focus on gender identity.

Btw, I still have yet to see 1 cisgendered person justify their gender identity. You would think that with all the cisgendered people in this thread, that at least 1 person could explain to me why they are cisgendered and what it means to them to identify with a gender.

Nobody needs to justify their gender identity to you or anyone else for that matter, regardless of whether they're cis or trans gendered.

Nobody needs to justify their gender identity to you or anyone else for that matter, regardless of whether they're cis or trans gendered.

You don't need to justify it to me; that is your choice. I am wondering if at least 1 person can.

They don't if they just want to do their own thing without getting in anyone else's way. They absolutely DO if they expect accommodation for that supposed "identity".

Yes, because they are not the same.

Black people are not the same as White people.

People with blue eyes are not the same as people with brown eyes.

People that have green as their favourite colour are not the same as people that have red as their favourite colour.

Should these groups of people also be treated differently simply for not being the same?

Men and women don't all use the same change room at a public pool for instance.

Are you saying that your desire for genders to be treated differently is limited to change rooms? By 'gender' do you mean gender identity, phenotypical sex or genetic sex because you seem to be mixing them up.

Men cannot go into women's change rooms at the gym for example and vice versa.

How are you defining men?

I'm also not sure if your claim is true under any reasonable definition. Female reporters are frequently allowed in male change rooms of professional teams.

• 3 weeks later...

How are you defining men?

I'm also not sure if your claim is true under any reasonable definition. Female reporters are frequently allowed in male change rooms of professional teams.

If you're a guy...go to the gym and walk into the women's change room during a busy time and see what happens.

By 'gender' do you mean gender identity, phenotypical sex or genetic sex because you seem to be mixing them up.

There's nothing to mix up. If your "identity" doesn't align with your genetics, you have a mental illness. Rejecting the fact of your gender won't change it.