Canada,United States and Mexico

Today, Ton Clark of the West Wing , Sunday program had on former Gen. David Pertraeus and the former head of the World Bank Robert Zoellick and they were on his program to talk about moving ahead with the N.A. Union and its benefits to all three countries. I think all citizens from all three countries should be very alert on this topic and who really will come out the winner on this. I don`t think anything should move ahead without the public input and definitely a vote and by Harper`s actions, I`d say he`s all for it. http://globalnews.ca/video/1741223/a-new-vision-for-north-america

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh... how much more of a union does there need to be ?

The Amero, maybe a centralized government like structure and completely seamless travel and relocation between all 3 countries. My bet at least one of these happens within the next 20 years. More and more smaller countries are joining together in local unions all over the world. It's only a matter of time before the larger ones do even though they will resist the transition the entire time, much like the U.K. has with the EU.

The Amero, maybe a centralized government like structure and completely seamless travel and relocation between all 3 countries.

Aha. Ok, well... not happening in any meaningful way in the next 20 years.

More and more smaller countries are joining together in local unions all over the world. It's only a matter of time before the larger ones do even though they will resist the transition the entire time, much like the U.K. has with the EU.

Yes, we already have NAFTA.

The Amero, maybe a centralized government like structure and completely seamless travel and relocation between all 3 countries. My bet at least one of these happens within the next 20 years. More and more smaller countries are joining together in local unions all over the world. It's only a matter of time before the larger ones do even though they will resist the transition the entire time, much like the U.K. has with the EU.

It'll be a matter of centuries at least - tax avoiders need a world full of nations with borders to move their money to and hide behind. The only thing I see changing that is if it becomes possible to move money to some future off-world jurisdiction. Of course don't forget you'll have to overcome all that Christian hooey about one world governments, mind you it was probably some bankster who dreamed up that one.

One of these will.

Yes, we already have NAFTA.

NAFTA is just a precursor to what may become a larger Union. I predict that once China over takes the US economically, Canada, the US and Mexico will be looking for a way to unite their economies much like the EU has done. We may or may not benefit from this Union.

It'll be a matter of centuries at least - tax avoiders need a world full of nations with borders to move their money to and hide behind. The only thing I see changing that is if it becomes possible to move money to some future off-world jurisdiction. Of course don't forget you'll have to overcome all that Christian hooey about one world governments, mind you it was probably some bankster who dreamed up that one.

That is entirely possible. The moon will be colonized in the next 100 years without a single shred of doubt. Central Bank of Luna could be the next Swiss Bank.

NAFTA is just a precursor to what may become a larger Union.

Why ? Who will make it happen, given the huge obstacles, and why ?

I predict that once China over takes the US economically, Canada, the US and Mexico will be looking for a way to unite their economies much like the EU has done. We may or may not benefit from this Union.

Well, China passed the U.S. as the #1 economy just a little while ago, so when is this going to happen then ?

I agree, despite a very large (and well armed) segment of the American population fearing exactly that.........As such, I suggest a fractured United States (and perhaps a North America as a whole) a greater possibility than a United North America, which in and of itself is not likely....

Countries such as? You realize there is a segment (including the UK) that would like to abort the European Union..........

I think it is now about even odds that the UK is out of the EU within five years.

The next step for all EU members must certainly involve a large loss of sovereignty, which must be ceded to Brussels. There is no way to have a coherent joint fiscal policy without that step.

Britain won't be the only one to balk.

Why ? Who will make it happen, given the huge obstacles, and why ?

I'm not sure who but it will happen with changes to NAFTA first. Open borders might be another step, ease the cost of trade, maybe even a harmonizing of regulations eventually making things like business and trades industries flourish across all 3 nations. Seems like a pipe dream and a long shot but I could see something like this happening. If the Amero is ever created it will be to compete with the Yuan and the Euro if it is still around. I have a feeling America won't like being #2 for very long. Not their style, they may be looking for another way to get back on top and the Amero might be the answer.

Well, China passed the U.S. as the #1 economy just a little while ago, so when is this going to happen then ?

Only in purchasing power parity, reflected by the Yuan not American dollars. There are many other indicators that China has not surpassed the US in, yet. Some are not expected to happen until sometime next year others such as Nominal GDP, reflected in American Dollars, are not expected to happen until 2020.

Edited by PrimeNumber

I agree, despite a very large (and well armed) segment of the American population fearing exactly that.........As such, I suggest a fractured United States (and perhaps a North America as a whole) a greater possibility than a United North America, which in and of itself is not likely....

I could see that too. But the fractured pieces will be weak on their own, even just a loose Union may still occur. It may not have much power rather than to unite the pieces for common goals.

Countries such as? You realize there is a segment (including the UK) that would like to abort the European Union..........

Well you have the African Union, the Arab League, the Asian Co-op Dialogue, Association of Caribbean States,

ASEAN, The Caribbean Community, Central American Integration System, The Commonwealth, Community of Latin American and Caribbean States, European Union, G.U.A.M, Gulf Cooperation Council, Latin American Parliament, Melanesian Spearhead Group, MERCOSUR, NATO, Pacific Islands Forum, Polynesian Leaders Group. R.E.O.P, Shanghai Cooperation Organization, South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation, The Union of South American Nations.

Almost all of these Unions strive to create prosperous trade within their member states, some have harmonized regulations and the movement of people within them, almost all of the larger ones have tossed around the idea of a common currency to improve their economies as well.

I'm not sure who but it will happen with changes to NAFTA first. Open borders might be another step, ease the cost of trade, maybe even a harmonizing of regulations eventually making things like business and trades industries flourish across all 3 nations.

It seems to me that you're not sure who OR why. It's more like a theory that uniting the 3 countries MIGHT be an idea that would be advantageous for SOME REASON.

I have a feeling America won't like being #2 for very long. Not their style, they may be looking for another way to get back on top and the Amero might be the answer.

Individuals and corporations are doing very well, even as China grows.

Unless Canada has a strong leader that really cares about Canada and its people, I don't think Canada will come out a leader and benefit from this. Mexico and the US already have most of the manufacturing jobs and if this goes through, Canada will only have its natural resources and when they are gone, we could become a "mexico", where jobs only pay $5.00. I've read that they want this to happen by 2020-25 and we are already now joining with the US on many items, that are "harmonizing". We will hear that word many times in the future.

I could see that too. But the fractured pieces will be weak on their own, even just a loose Union may still occur. It may not have much power rather than to unite the pieces for common goals.

That is subjective.......States like Texas or California already have a GDP of the same size as a Canada, South Korea or India....

Almost all of these Unions strive to create prosperous trade within their member states, some have harmonized regulations and the movement of people within them, almost all of the larger ones have tossed around the idea of a common currency to improve their economies as well.

Yet none have "unionized" as you suggested the United States, Canada and Mexico will.....