Gov. Sarah Palin's Keynote at CPAC 2014

I don't think that's true. Most of your posts regarding American politics are either outdated, wrong, or just blog type opinions.

I don't read blog opinions. And my opinion on American politics is relatively unbiased, unlike your Chester routine to the American Spike.

Take for instance tax increases. Republicans agreed to raise the top tax rate last year.

They did? That's odd. I seem to recall 2/3 of Republicans voting against the fiscal cliff deal.

How many years in a row would you like them to raise taxes?

UNTIL THEY CAN PAY THEIR BILLS!

Is that so complicated for you, Mr. Conservative?

And if they adopt that position, which party in Washington will represent those who think taxes shouldn't be raised?

Is there a Stupid Party in Washington? Maybe the Tea Party will break away from the Republicans and form one.

Conservatives believe in paying the bills, not starving the government of funds so they have to mothball ships and downsize the army. Nor do they believe in letting old people freeze to death in the dark or poor children starve.

The Stupid Party, of course, wouldn't have any issues with that. The Stupid Party only cares about queers not being able to marry, kids not getting sex education, and NO TAXES.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well then you'll find this hillarious: he has been elected to the top job in the US as many times as is allowed under their law. Apparently a lot of Americans respect him.

Not anymore. He's an albatross around the necks of every democrat running in congress. They're gonna get slaughtered. Maybe Barry needs to do more between two ferns!

Not anymore. He's an albatross around the necks of every democrat running in congress. They're gonna get slaughtered. Maybe Barry needs to do more between two ferns!

Long way 'till that next election and the cons. keep shooting themselves in the foot. Ya know like reading Dr. Seuss in congress for endless hours wouldn't really make me want to mark an X for them.

Long way 'till that next election and the cons. keep shooting themselves in the foot. Ya know like reading Dr. Seuss in congress for endless hours wouldn't really make me want to mark an X for them.

It would if you knew the reason why. But democrats rely on low information voters to win elections. You know, the people that follow Justin Bieber, watch American Idol and vote for Obama to give them free stuff. Btw, the filibuster in congress was last year.

It would if you knew the reason why. But democrats rely on low information voters to win elections. You know, the people that follow Justin Bieber, watch American Idol and vote for Obama to give them free stuff. Btw, the filibuster in congress was last year.

And I'll bet a lot of low information (are there any other kind) Republican voters enjoyed the hell out of it. Justin included.

Shady,

While I personally don't quite get the Bieber phenomenon--and wouldn't have when I was at the right age, either, being too busy rockin' out to Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath--I don't know why you consider it some sort of partisan thing.

First of all, the adoration of young Mr. Bieber is not regulated by political affiliation. Doubtless plenty of "conservative" young ladies consider him quite sublime. (That is, if we wish to relegate children into the unhelpful "conservative" and liberal" categories...based presumably on how their parents vote. On second thought...naahhh, why saddle them with the weaknesses of their parents? Their genes are already poor enough, what with them enjoying the music of Justin Bieber.))

Second, Mr. Bieber considers himself a "religious conservative"....so I suggest he should join the Ted Nugent/Family Values/But Teen Girls Rock/Crazy Train Right Wing Tour.

Edited by bleeding heart

Second, Mr. Bieber considers himself a "religious conservative"....so I suggest he should join the Ted Nugent/Family Values/But Teen Girls Rock/Crazy Train Right Wing Tour.

I dont think th Beebs is that stupid. He would however raise the intelligence of one known idiot/pedophile/draft dodger's tour.

Yeah, you went there. And, Zing!

What Republicans dont get (well at least some of them) is they look like complete idiots (vs just idiots) by linking up with one Ted Nugent.

About as dumb as a bag of rocks but not nearly as bright as a bag of hammers.

Both sides have idiots, but this one is glaring.

Edited by Guyser2

The bible thumping narrowmindedness of it is what scares me (if I was an American) And one Tea Party rep did remind us one day on the CBC radio of all places that "America is not a democracy, it's a Republic" What the heck does that mean?

It means that U.S. constitutional rights trump mob rule (the U.S. is a constitutional republic). That includes rights to "bible thump".

Oh, so how come a lot of folks down there continue to refer to the concept of "democracy"?

You might also think that those bible thumping Tea Party folks, since it is their schtick aftr all, would be a tad more informed than to make statements such as "If English was a good enough language for Jesus, it's good enough for us" That was hilatious.

We (Trudeau and QE II) signed the BNA into law in 1982. We are pretty much a democracy.

Canada is a constitutional monarchy that has elements of a democracy in it. Remove Monarchy and we can move towards a democratic state of some kind. As it is, I am considered a subject of her 'majesty' by being a Canadian citizen. I find that to be an utter insult to the notion of democracy.

Canada is a constitutional monarchy that has elements of a democracy in it. Remove Monarchy and we can move towards a democratic state of some kind. As it is, I am considered a subject of her 'majesty' by being a Canadian citizen. I find that to be an utter insult to the notion of democracy.

You are quite correct of course but I don't feel the same fear of the Monarchy. She's never bothered me, and on the other side of the coin, she could perhaps intervene as our current government attempts to corrupt our voting system with it's "Unfair Elections Act" but she probably won't.