Gov. Sarah Palin's Keynote at CPAC 2014

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just keep her in the bookstores and keep her away from any levers of power. I hate to think how she'd handle Putin. And that's nothing to do with her gender so let's not go down that road.

She's already experienced the levers of power and ran a city and a state remarkably well. But she's a footnote. So stop talking about her.

She didn't run for VP. D'oh! You're the real hoot. Lol.

Then McCain never ran for President then either. You'd be correct in saying that Palin did not chose to be VP, as she was selected by McCain to be her running mate. But technically she did run for the VP slot under the McCain ticket.

• 5 weeks later...

Gov. Palin has better writers than SNL. Her thoughts on how to baptize terrorists:

Speaking Saturday at the National Rifle Association's "Stand And Fight" rally at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, the former Alaska governor and 2008 GOP vice presidential candidate accused the Obama administration of instating counter-terrorism policies that "coddle adversaries."

"Come on. Enemies, who would utterly annihilate America, they who'd obviously have information on plots, to carry out Jihad. Oh, but you can't offend them, can't make them feel uncomfortable, not even a smidgen," she said. "Well, if I were in charge, they would know that waterboarding is how we'd baptize terrorists."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/27/sarah-palin-waterboarding_n_5222665.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Gov. Palin has better writers than SNL. Her thoughts on how to baptize terrorists:

Speaking Saturday at the National Rifle Association's "Stand And Fight" rally at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, the former Alaska governor and 2008 GOP vice presidential candidate accused the Obama administration of instating counter-terrorism policies that "coddle adversaries."

"Come on. Enemies, who would utterly annihilate America, they who'd obviously have information on plots, to carry out Jihad. Oh, but you can't offend them, can't make them feel uncomfortable, not even a smidgen," she said. "Well, if I were in charge, they would know that waterboarding is how we'd baptize terrorists."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/27/sarah-palin-waterboarding_n_5222665.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Ha ha ha, that was funny, in a kinda sad demented paranoid sort of way. She is still quite the flake.

I don't why Sarah Palin thinks that torturing "terrorists" (ie terrorist suspects) is less coddlesome than Obama's policy of killing them outright.

Because killing them is doing it the easy way. You don't get valuable information from a corpse.

Even if we could prove that torture is efficacious enough to make the horrors worthwhile (and that idea is hotly contested even among high-level intelligence-gatherers...as you well know), the idea that killing people is "coddling" them is yet another in a long stream of Palinesque foolish remarks.

Torture has been proven to be quite effective. Regardless, what one considers torture is very subjective. I don't consider waterboarding as torture.

No, it has not been "proven to be highly effective"; it is claimed by torture apologists to be highly effective, and many people, including in the intelligence-gathering and interrogation world, have continually been disputing it.

And waterboarding--drowning someone and stopping short of death--is not only torture, but has been prosecuted as torture--by the United States of America.

Therefore, the onus is on you to explain how it is not torture.

Perhaps you can use Whoopi Goldberg's "rape-rape" thesis as your template.

So called "waterboarding" is just one technique along a wide continuum of enhanced interrogation methods practiced by many nations. Gov. Palin seized the issue as a throwaway line that would appeal to her audience. Curiously, her critics don't seem to mind how late term abortions are physically performed.

No, it has not been "proven to be highly effective"; it is claimed by torture apologists to be highly effective, and many people, including in the intelligence-gathering and interrogation world, have continually been disputing it.

And waterboarding--drowning someone and stopping short of death--is not only torture, but has been prosecuted as torture--by the United States of America.

Therefore, the onus is on you to explain how it is not torture.

Perhaps you can use Whoopi Goldberg's "rape-rape" thesis as your template.

I bet you we could get your PIN number in about 10 minutes. But it's not effective eh? Regardless, water boarding isn't drowning somebody, it's made to make one feel as though they are. But it isn't actual drowning. Aside from that, it actually does yielded good information. Information that even led to Bin Laden's death.

If the degenerate little sadists were torturing me, they'd no doubt get a PIN number from me. Torture always gets "information," which is fine, so long as you don't care whether it's good info or not.

Perhaps for the moral cowards who explicitly perform the torture, good info is secondary to the sexual jollies they get from "tenderizing the meat," as it is interestingly termed from the inside.

(Incidentally, I like your use of "we," as you align yourself with such august company, by the way...not that I imagine you'd personally have the stomach for the dirty work, being presumably insufficiently sociopathic.) But as many intelligence officials have pointed out, they got better and more solid intelligence from the non-brutal methods.

Waterboarding is simulated drowning....and instills fear of imminent death. It's whole point, in other words, is to be torturous.

And it's extremely dubious that it led to bin Laden...as the CIA have candidly admitted, even as they were trying to defend its usefulness in other situations. It's interesting you'd let a patriotic Hollywood film determine for you what is real.

Edited by bleeding heart

Yep, a Hollywood movie, any port in a storm I guess What a ludicrous idea to assume waterboarding isn't torture. Anybody that thinks so should try it some time. This topic reminds me of an interview i heard recently with a man who spent his entire career in MI6 He mentioned that both MI5 and 6 had long ago determined that over the long term you get much better info, both quality and quantity, by taking the very opposite approach than torture.