Confederate Flag aka Rebel Flag aka Flag of St. Andrews

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.rulen.com/myths/

This might help some of you.

And it is all true because I researched it myself to see if it was. Low and behold it was.

But so many more myths aren't posted on this sight.

There are several people on MLW with more than a passing knowledge of the Civil War.

http://www.rulen.com/myths/

This might help some of you.

And it is all true because I researched it myself to see if it was. Low and behold it was.

But so many more myths aren't posted on this sight.

"It wasn't about slavery, it was about protecting states' rights! Like the right to, uh, keep slaves."

:rolleyes:

Edited by Black Dog

To those who are so fixated that may be the case, but I personally kept a photo of Admiral Doenitz (full uniform with Nazi insignia) on my desk and stateroom locker as a reminder of what I was doing as a naval officer. Anybody with a brain got it...and respected it.

You wanted to identify yourself as a hardcore loyalist to Der Führer?

Couldn't find a photo of, say, Charles Lockwood that he had to use that of a Nazi war criminal?

Donitz...and even many Allied commanders agreed...was a military man rather than one of the Himmler crowd. He was punished for conducting unrestricted submarine warfare. Something the Allies were quite familiar with themselves. He was indeed a Nazi, though. They all had to be to hold their commissions.

Donitz...and even many Allied commanders agreed...was a military man rather than one of the Himmler crowd. He was punished for conducting unrestricted submarine warfare. Something the Allies were quite familiar with themselves. He was indeed a Nazi, though. They all had to be to hold their commissions.

Rommel falls into this category,as well...

German military officer...Not necessarily a NAZI...

Same as Lee...Not a believer in the institution of slavery,but, infamously said he could not take up arms against his southern brethren...

I always thought the Confederate Battle flag was a naval flag?

It should be noted that the flag is square and not rectangular...

At Bull Run, a good number of Reb units sported blue uniforms. There was little in the way of conformity to any Reb Army...especially those out West.

As we all know there was conflict between the south and north in America that caused The Civil War. 150 years later many people across America still fly the Confederate flag today.

The topic here is it racist to fly the flag?

It's not necessarily racist or bigoted to fly it...

It is if one believes in what the underlying issues around the "States Rights" arguement and not the cotton/economic issue...

Guest Derek L

Rommel falls into this category,as well...

German military officer...Not necessarily a NAZI...

Same as Lee...Not a believer in the institution of slavery,but, infamously said he could not take up arms against his southern brethren...

And more so Guderian, the father of air-land battle.

He was as ardent a Nazi as anyone in the high command.

Meh...the British appeaser support for Hitler and Nazism is no great secret, up to and including King George VI. Pretending to hate the symbols after the fact is a game in political correctness. The Confederate battle flag represents a place and time just like any other, including union jacks or the rising sun.

Meh...the British appeaser support for Hitler and Nazism is no great secret, up to and including King George VI.

Which has what to do with your apparent affection for ardent Nazis?

Pretending to hate the symbols after the fact is a game in political correctness.

Twaddle.

The Confederate battle flag represents a place and time just like any other, including union jacks or the rising sun.

And it carries historical baggage as a result.

Feel free to use it along with your snapshots of Nazis, but that really does say a metric tonne about your mindset.

....Feel free to use it along with your snapshots of Nazis, but that really does say a metric tonne about your mindset.

I feel free to use whatever I wish without your consent, approval, or baggage. That's the whole point which escapes your narrow view and perspective for this topic, as always.

Edited by bush_cheney2004