John McCain In The News

A big day for Senator McCain!

First he delivered an epic smackdown of Steve Doocy and Other Guy on Fox News.

When Other Guy plays an audio clip of Syrian rebels shouting "Allah Akbar!" after shooting down a jet fighter, Other Guy announces "I have a problem with helping those people!"

In response, McCain asks "You have a problem with that? Would you have a problem with American Christians saying Thank God, Thank God?" I like the look of slack-jawed bewilderment on Other Guy's face. It suits him.

Not content to stop there, McCain hit the headlines again when he was caught playing poker on his iPhone during hearings on Syria.

McCain fessed up on Twitter, adding that the worst part of it is that he lost.

Oh, John, you rascal! How could we stay mad at you?

-k

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It amazes me that such uneducated and unintelligent people are given shows on news networks, and that people actually watch them. There are actually intelligent and educated conservatives out there, imagine the impact if FOX News actually gave them a show.

While a funny story, I also find it problematic that journalists are taking pictures of what Senators are doing on their cellphones while they are on the job (in committee in this case). They took a pretty clear, zoomed-in shot of McCain's phone. What if he were emailing sensitive/private information and zoomed in just a bit more to see it?

Edited by Moonlight Graham

I think some Americans are sensitive about the phrase, "Allah Akbar!", because after the towers went down the news was filled with video clips of muslims celebrating in the streets and shouting "Allah Akbar!". Also that's the phrase suicide bombers apparently shout before they blow themselves up. Every good muslim should be using the phrase when needed, but the fanatics have kind of made it into a swear word.

To abuse the phrase, and Allah, by shouting it before murdering dozens of people is disgusting. Sorry you don't feel the same. I suppose I should take comfort in you finding nothing else in my post to disagree with.

Over and over I see both rebels and government forces yelling the Takbir as loud as possible. It would normally infuriate any squad leader trying to keep his squad's position a secret....except in Syria's case, the 'officer' is leading the chant.

:P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ0nwZDcL8Y

Plus it's always fun to get the child soldiers involved in the festivities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU5z2lGVzgo

While a funny story, I also find it problematic that journalists are taking pictures of what Senators are doing on their cellphones while they are on the job (in committee in this case). They took a pretty clear, zoomed-in shot of McCain's phone. What if he were emailing sensitive/private information and zoomed in just a bit more to see it?

He was in a hearing that will take a country to war. Put the damn cell phone down you disrespectful idiot.

I think some Americans are sensitive about the phrase, "Allah Akbar!", because after the towers went down the news was filled with video clips of muslims celebrating in the streets and shouting "Allah Akbar!". Also that's the phrase suicide bombers apparently shout before they blow themselves up. Every good muslim should be using the phrase when needed, but the fanatics have kind of made it into a swear word.

Allah Ackbar is akin to 'Oh my god' in western cultures. Well that's what I've been told.

Allah Ackbar is akin to 'Oh my god' in western cultures. Well that's what I've been told.

Allahu Akbar is 'God is Great(est)' and is part of the Adhan (one of the Pillars of Islam)...the call to prayer. It is written across many flags in the Islamic World including Iran's. But if it make you feel better to think Iran wrote 'Oh my God' on their flag twenty plus times...I can appreciate the humor in that.

:lol:

I agree. It's his job to listen these hearings, even if they are long and dry.

The kicker is that McCain is one of the proposers of this new intervention. I hope the men and women in uniform see how respectful he is.

This is the same guy that made a trip to Syria to do a meet and greet with the FSA less than a year ago.

Allahu Akbar is 'God is Great(est)' and is part of the Adhan (one of the Pillars of Islam)...the call to prayer. It is written across many flags in the Islamic World including Iran's. But if it make you feel better to think Iran wrote 'Oh my God' on their flag twenty plus times...I can appreciate the humor in that.

:lol:

Holy Poop. Jesus Christ, did you really just say that? ;) Oh my Lord, you did.

Today McCain is in the news for supporting pot legalization. Dude is awesome, especially for his age and party-affiliation.

It's a nice stance, but I would never vote for him, even if I could vote in the USA.

But maybe they need to legalize it and take a few hits before they go into Syria... chances are they would forget about bombing the crap out of Syria.