John McCain In The News

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like that.

The guy who was raggin on McCain was quite nervous as well when talking, but I think I would be too. McCain weaseled his way out saying it does not deserve a response. Warmonger is a term that fits him. He went to bat for Bush, and now batting for Obama. But war is on his mind.

Guest American Woman

I like McCain. He should have been nominated in 2000 instead of Bush, but Carl Rove smeared him so badly with the Christian Right he didn't have a chance. He finally got the nomination in 2008 but Bush ended up screwing that up for him too by leaving that disastrous legacy for the Republican party. No republican had a chance that year.

McCain ended up screwing it up for himself by picking Palin as his running mate. Bush didn't lose it for him. He lost it for himself. The fact that Obama got re-elected sort of debunks the claim that no republican had a chance that year. If Obama were elected simply because he wasn't a republican, he wouldn't have won a second term. And McCain didn't win the nomination in 2000 because he wasn't Americans' choice. Simple as that. And even if he had, that doesn't mean he would have won the election.

2000 should have been his year at the nomination. He deserved it and the world would be a much better place today had he gone on to be president.

It goes without saying that that's a matter of opinion, but let's all sing together ..... "Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran" :) Edited by American Woman

The guy who was raggin on McCain was quite nervous as well when talking, but I think I would be too. McCain weaseled his way out saying it does not deserve a response. Warmonger is a term that fits him. He went to bat for Bush, and now batting for Obama. But war is on his mind.

Then so is Syria, and so is Iran. In fact, Syria is waging a war right now as we speak, and probably killed 500 children with chemical weapons. North Korea is also a big time warmonger. It's funny how you give them all a free pass.

i'm surprised that you like him. despite his occasional honesty, he's one of the biggest prostitute politicians around. one look at the campaign money he receives and from whom and the bills he has sponsored and it's enough for me to know that he's one of the biggest problems when it comes to the political. despite what he keeps repeating, what is going on in syria is not the act of rebellious syrians, but the mercenaries of death and destruction, misguided by savages like mccain and the zionist cohorts, and paid for by the american tax dollars.

Good point (Shady too). Let me rephrase that, I like McCain *for a Republican*. I still think he would have been a better choice than Bush if a Republican had 'won' the 2000 election. He may be part of the problem, but as a war veteran, somehow I still believe he would be more cautious in his actions than a chickenhawk like Bush.

Plus, I like that he has stood up on a few occasions to the racist elements within the Republican Party. The incident in the OP and also when he stood up for Obama during the 2008 election.

Yeah, he's pretty much as good as it gets as far as Republicans go, but you're right, at the end of the day he's still far from admirable. Thank you for pointing that out.

Then so is Syria, and so is Iran. In fact, Syria is waging a war right now as we speak, and probably killed 500 children with chemical weapons. North Korea is also a big time warmonger. It's funny how you give them all a free pass.

A war in which the west through Saudi Arabia and Qatar are helping fuel and prolong the war by arming/supplying/training the rebels in Turkey and Jordan.

Civil war? Please ... call it what it is, another proxy war between east and west via two opposing faction in Arab countries. That being the Sunni and the Shiite.

But waaaaaaaaa ... not getting the reaction you are looking for we get a reply of 'well you give NK a pass'. No we don't give them a pass, but we don't give the USA or any other country a pass either. People want to polarize this conflict to A or B when there are many other factors and scenarios in between. But let's stay pigeon holed into A or B.

We must bomb Syria because they used chemical weapons. You understand how f'n ridiculous that really sounds right? Syrians killing Syrians and the USA's response is KILL MORE SYRIANS. Sure that ought to be productive.

Goes to show the value and sanctity of life. Get some drone/missile strikes in, kill some civilians through collateral damage claiming that they were not targeting the civilians, but if they happen to be in the area, sucks for them.

Thousands of people dead from conventional and chemical weapons and the only way to resolve this from the USA point of view is to kill more people?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57602575/report-cia-delivering-arms-to-syria-rebels/

The CIA has been delivering light machine guns and other small arms to Syrian rebels for several weeks, following President Barack Obama's decision to arm the rebels.

The agency has also arranged for the Syrian opposition to receive anti-tank weaponry like rocket-propelled grenades through a third party, presumably one of the Gulf countries that has been arming the rebels, a senior U.S. intelligence official and two former intelligence officials said Thursday. They spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the classified program publicly.

Yep.