Is trudeau trying to be muslim?

PIK

What group is he tossing under the bus exactly?

Your feigned indignation is transparent, considering you're hardly the champion of women's rights when it comes to the issues they face. You're just using this as a stick to beat on religion because you hate it. I commend you for your concern about women's rights though, regardless of the reason you're doing it. But you can cut the charade. It's pretty obvious that your beef just lies with religion in general.

It's no secret I do not like religion. It's no secret I dislike some religions more than others. The fact remains Trudeau was willing to participate in gender segregation...if not to pander votes then for some other odious reason. Good thing he doesn't need the KKK vote. As for women's rights, I've always have been a staunch supporter of complete equality between the sexes. You're free to provide evidence otherwise.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate it when politicians pander to religions. Really, seriously hate it. It's the most vacuous type of campaigning.

Let's face it though...say by some miracle (heh), DOP was on the ticket to be President of those United States, I'd have to state my utter belief in God to have a chance of seeing the White House. Perhaps the reality of the situation is that Canada is becoming more like that (religious) and politicians simply NEED to go against Canadian values (ie gender equality) to get elected. That's fine for the politician...at first...until those that elect you want some actual results to go along with the pandering.

No reason JT should have done this. Here's a column from the LIBERAL! Tarek Fatah detailing the history of the same Mosque JT was attending.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/08/20/trudeau-and-bcma-make-a-mockery-of-piety-and-politics

On Friday, June 11, 2004, Itrath Syed, the NDP candidate in the riding of Delta-Richmond East requested permission to speak to the BCMA mosque congregation and introduce herself as well as her party.

After all, not only was Syed the sole Muslim candidate in British Columbia, but she and her family have been long-time supporters and members of the BCMA.

However, instead of an opportunity to address the other Muslims attending the Friday congregation, Syed was not allowed to even approach the front of the mosque, let alone sit in the front row. Instead she had to take a back seat and endure what the website MuslimWakeUp.com (MWU) described as a scorching sermon.

Her fault?

Itrath Syed was a woman and she supported the NDP platform on same-sex marriage.

The BCMA cleric told the congregation, Muslims who support same-sex rights that he described as a “fahisha” (an indecent sexual act) will never get the community’s support.

On the verge of tears, Itrath Syed left the mosque feeling humiliated and betrayed.

Your feigned indignation is transparent, considering you're hardly the champion of women's rights when it comes to the issues they face. You're just using this as a stick to beat on religion because you hate it. I commend you for your concern about women's rights though, regardless of the reason you're doing it. But you can cut the charade. It's pretty obvious that your beef just lies with religion in general.

I also despise ALL religion for a plethora of reasons, but one of them is their misogynistic nature. Politicians pander to religion all the time, because it pays off at the polls. The Republicans and Conservatives spend an immense amount of time courting Christian groups. I absolute hate it when politicians do this...but I guess it's part of the game. 'Don't hate the playa, hate the game', so to speak.

One thing I hate more than the role religion plays in politics though are apologists of both the political and religious type. The partisan diehards and the religious are almost identical. "How dare Trudeau pander for religious votes!!"...but it's different when Harper does it. "Muslims treat women horribly!!"...but Christians just have good old fashioned values.

This clip is of Pastor Steven Anderson of the Faithful Word Baptist Church in Tempe, Arizona.

I say I’ll teach that unto my sons and you say, well, aren’t you gonna teach that to your daughters? I’m gonna tell you this: It’s not gonna be humanly possible for anyone to commit fornication with my daughters. Laughter And you know what? You’re laughing but I’m not kidding… You say, what about when they go get a job? Well, they’re not going to get a job. Why would my daughters go get a job? What do they need a job for? You know what, I’m gonna pay for them, I’m gonna pay their bills. And you know what? When I’m done paying for them, their husband’s gonna pay for them. And I hope that he doesn’t fail in his responsibility to provide and send them off to work or something, but you know what, at that point, it’s none of my business. At that point, it’s not my responsibility. But you know what? When I pass off my daughters unto their husband, I’m gonna be able to guarantee that they’re a virgin because I’m gonna make it to where it’s not even humanly possible. Because I’m not gonna have them out gallivanting around town. I’m not gonna have them going off to work, and going out with all these people…

And you say, well why the double standard? Um, ’cause everything in the Bible’s a double standard?! ‘Cause I’m not a feminist?! ‘Cause men and women are different? ‘Cause my sons are gonna be taught to be independent. My daughters are gonna be taught not to be independent. [Fake crying noises] My sons are gonna be taught to go out and work hard and make a living! My daughters are gonna be taught to be a homemaker, okay? You don’t like that? Well, whatever, that’s what the Bible teaches

This is the video of his sermon. Skip to the 46 minute mark to watch this section...then try to keep your lunch down.

You know it exists. But, you can't provided the proof. I suppose your word is good.

It's no secret that I dislike all forms of religion. I just dislike some way more than others. Islam is one of those. Would you like to see some examples as to why?...Other than its treatment of women? Wait...I can't show that sort of extreme violence in the name of religion here without going to the Cooler. You'll have to take my word...it's good.

Right cause women in India or Africa have it so much better.

I sense your indignation but fail to see how I'm to blame.

I was blaming you? Ah no.

You said you don't like Muslims because of how they treat women and I pointed out that many non-Muslim women around the globe are not treated much better.

So I'm left wondering what it is about Islamic women that garners so much, um, sympathy from you?

I was blaming you? Ah no.

You said you don't like Muslims because of how they treat women and I pointed out that many non-Muslim women around the globe are not treated much better.

So I'm left wondering what it is about Islamic women that garners so much, um, sympathy from you?

No...I don't like Islam. Oscar Schindler was a Nazi...as was Von Braun. Rather nice fellows.

And face it...if the Ummah ever gets to be a fact for Canada, Islam will have you submitting just as the name implies. No matter the nice Muslims. You'll either be one or pay the head tax. Or worse if the Middle East is an indication of how well established Islam works.

I might point out that much of the misery in Africa today...and the Indian sub-continent...is linked to Islam. But, I'm sure you know that.

Edited by DogOnPorch

If you say so. I'm a bit...mind you, only a bit...surprised by how many MLW members feel women's rights are not important.

No one has suggested any such thing.

But then, you don't even know what "sexist" means...so we can only expect so much, I guess....

So far the big defense is that apparently the Jews also feel women are 2nd class citizens...therefore it's fine to treat all women as second class citizens.

There was no "defense" of it...it was being explicitly opined that segregation sucks. You seem to be the only one arguing that only SOME segregation sucks.

I also despise ALL religion for a plethora of reasons, but one of them is their misogynistic nature.

It is arguably one of THE chief problems, because it bespeaks so much else about their views of humanity itself.

That's why, in terms of Islam, the liberal feminist voices are so crucial...and in a lot of places, it takes amazing guts.

No one has suggested any such thing.

But then, you don't even know what "sexist" means...so we can only expect so much, I guess....

There was no "defense" of it...it was being explicitly opined that segregation sucks. You seem to be the only one arguing that only SOME segregation sucks.

I've stated no such thing. The fact remains that Islam segregates women and treats them as 2nd class citizens. Trudeau openly participated in this segregation.

All one needs to do is say: "I bear witness that there is no God except Allah and Muhammad (SAW) is His messenger".

Voila...you're a member of the Islamic faith.

And reports have it that he did. That show how stupid this kids is. He is in waaaay over his head.

It is arguably one of THE chief problems, because it bespeaks so much else about their views of humanity itself.

That's why, in terms of Islam, the liberal feminist voices are so crucial...and in a lot of places, it takes amazing guts.

Indeed! They are risking their lives in an attempt to elevate their status from property to people.

Aye..it would be a step in the right direction, but everybody won't truly win until fewer people take mythology seriously. We'll have made it when Christian and Muslim groups wield the same political power as Wiccans and Pagans. Fortunately, we're generally progressing in the right direction.