Mulcair in RCMP Police Chase Refuses to Stop..

And to add insult to injury, the NDP’s Charlie Angus referred to the women RCMP officer, both in the House and later on Power & Politics, as a meter maid…….for shame

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/06/14/charlie-angus-meter-maid-sexist_n_3442323.html

Sounds like the NDP has a problem with women in positions of authority. Pathetic.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Derek L

I agree with this. Charlie's comment was entirely inappropriate. He should eat crow for that one.

I actually watched it live, and as mentioned in the article, kept egging 33 year old Michelle Rempel on when she called him on it, to the point that she was nearly in tears, all the while Ralph Goodale stood back and laughed........I won’t condemn both parties for this, but it clearly demonstrates that both the Liberals and NDP have members with questionable views on morality………Do you remember when Campbell’s PC made fun of Chrétien disability?

I actually watched it live, and as mentioned in the article, kept egging 33 year old Michelle Rempel on when she called him on it, to the point that she was nearly in tears, all the while Ralph Goodale stood back and laughed........I won’t condemn both parties for this, but it clearly demonstrates that both the Liberals and NDP have members with questionable views on morality………Do you remember when Campbell’s PC made fun of Chrétien disability?

I have no sympathy for Michelle Rempel, who derided Niki Ashton for bringing up sexism in the past. Rempel is nothing more than a partisan hack muppet, reading her scripts for Dear Leader.

Re: Campbell. Yes and it was disgusting then and is still disgusting now.

Edited by cybercoma

So was Mulcair given a citation or charged with anything? One thing I've learned around here in the past few weeks is that we are not to discuss mere allegations.

I heard he was dropping acid shortly before this incident and he ran down a couple of children crossing the street. Apparently theres a video out there somewhere showing the whole incident. This man should be in prison.

He was given a warning.

no - citation request

“Once notified of the misunderstanding, (Mulcair) had a very respectful discussion with an officer. He then immediately went down to clear up the misunderstanding with the commanding officer,” the party said in a statement. "No warnings or citations of any kind were issued to Mr. Mulcair. The matter was settled immediately and cordially."

Arrogant and stupid, if this happened as was reported. Mulcair air should know better. But traffic violations are pretty minor compared to potential bribing of senators by the PMO and senators ripping off taxpayers.

I agree. This scandal won't kill Mulcair although I think his choice of words were very poor. Sometimes in the heat of the moment we say things we regret later. I think Mulcair will recover from this but he really should have known better. I think the NDP are more progressive than the Liberals and they would be more for the poor and the middle class. Although I would rather see Trudeau get in than Harper, I still think the NDP are the best party for the job. I wouldn't be opposed to the two parties co-operating but I'm NDP before I'm Liberal. The Liberals are more like Conservative-Lite. I think they may be a bit more progressive under Justin but I don't fully trust them.

A warning or citation probably wasn't issued because of who he is. You know, he's kind of a big deal. Everyone should really remember that when interacting with him in the future.

No. A warning or citation wasn't issues because these particular RCMP officers are little more than security guards at the booth in a parking lot. Mulcair didn't do anything illegal or unusual. He showed up for work, waved to the guard on duty, and continued on his way like he and every other MP do every day. This whole issue is completely stupid when you look at what's going on with the Senators and MPs right now. It's nothing more than a sad attempt at changing the channel.

No. A warning or citation wasn't issues because these particular RCMP officers are little more than security guards at the booth in a parking lot. Mulcair didn't do anything illegal or unusual. He showed up for work, waved to the guard on duty, and continued on his way like he and every other MP do every day. This whole issue is completely stupid when you look at what's going on with the Senators and MPs right now. It's nothing more than a sad attempt at changing the channel.

Agreed, a minor dispute as the result of a traffic violation is nothing compared to what Harper and the Regressive Conservatives are doing to our rights and freedoms, not to mention his crippling of the EI program and the ongoing Senate Scandal. This is simply a distraction.

Agreed, a minor dispute as the result of a traffic violation is nothing compared to what Harper and the Regressive Conservatives are doing to our rights and freedoms, not to mention his crippling of the EI program and the ongoing Senate Scandal. This is simply a distraction.

It is quite the distraction. You can throw in the expense scandal and the robocall fiaso in the pile of more important things.

'Don't sweat the petty stuff', as the saying goes.

Let's not forget that the news just slipped under the radar that hundreds of Cape Breton fishers were denied EI (which was expected), but they've also been told that they have to pay back thousands in EI payments from the past. Does the government think these people just put the money in the bank and saved it? Where do they think the money is going to come from? This is going to be devastating for Cape Breton. I can't find the article I was reading, but someone looked at the average income on the island (which I assure you isn't very high) and it seems like it wouldn't even be possible to pay back the EI if they wanted to. Maybe if everyone leaves Cape Breton, like the Conservatives seem to want, they can turn it into a giant National Park and just fly employees in for the summer.

Mulcair ran a stop sign though and a charity paid Trudeau to speak. Stop the presses. The CPC must think their supporters are morons. They should be really insulted that their party thinks so little of their intelligence.

Edited by cybercoma

Guest Derek L

Mulcair ran a stop sign though and a charity paid Trudeau to speak. Stop the presses. The CPC must think their supporters are morons. They should be really insulted that their party thinks so little of their intelligence.

And if the Prime Minister or one of his Cabinet Members did likewise, be it blowing past a security checkpoint or taking money from a charity, we wouldn’t be discussing this? Come on….

And if the Prime Minister or one of his Cabinet Members did likewise, be it blowing past a security checkpoint or taking money from a charity, we wouldn’t be discussing this? Come on….

You probably would be. And I would think it's just as stupid as complaining about a blue airplane.

It's a false choice to suggest that only one thing can be discussed at a time. Attention can be given to all issues. Even the ridiculousness and rudeness of Mulcair and Justin.

I believe it wasn't the driving infraction that made Mulcair's incident news, but his reaction to being stopped and his Reese Witherspoon strategy for trying to yap his way out of it.

BOO HOO cyber, don't like it do you. I am sick myself of the double standards from the media party, if they did their job properly the PMO would not have to do their jobs for them. What goes around comes around. I am glad that the PMO is standing up for it's self. LMFAO.