PMO paid for Duffy's fraud

Evidence that he controls the GG, the Speaker, and the Senate...I'll wait patiently.

The GG as I mentioned before, when it came time for pictures with the MP's and the PM, the GG walked into the room and said, WE won!! The GG should be neutral, right?? The Speaker is a former Tory and I've seen him make decisions that was for the government and clearly was, he showed his bias and the opposition did call him on it. The Senate is controlled by the Tories and normally there wouldn't anything wrong with that except this time the PM is Harper, the bully, smart-mouth-personal attacker and does really believe in the rules of Parliament.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harper is going on radio show to try and change any Tory supporter, Toronto and now Halifax. If he really wants to has his view than why not have a open to the public senate hearing on this? Could it be that he would have to be under oath and he wouldn't like that? Harper keeps preaching about how people in the senate who break the rules shouldn't be there, which most Canadians would agree BUT this time there's more going on than three senators doing wrong. There also the fact that the late Doug Finley was found guilty by EC and he took a fine to avoid jail time, but Harper still leave HIM set in the senate. The word "honourable" should be taken away from this PM.http://ca.news.yahoo.com/harper-says-chief-staff-wright-dismissed-over-90-140151162.html

A quick glance through this thread suggests to me that it's a Team A vs Team B style argument.

Modern democracy has already moved on.... In the next federal election, Harper will create a false dichotomy, a wedge issue, and create/force voters into teams to exploit this Team A and Team B instinct.

Might want to take a look back in time. They love to pit Team A against Team B all the time. Every time. And we fall for it, every time.

Might want to take a look back in time. They love to pit Team A against Team B all the time. Every time. And we fall for it, every time.

What was the wedge issue in 2011?

The idea that Iggy was a horrible leader of the Opposition?

Wedge issue politics is not something only the Tories have done. The 2007 Ontario Election was a classic example where a single Tory Campaign Plank to extend vouchers to Faith-based public school was pretty much the only thing that was discussed.

Edited by Boges

ya ya, he's too cool for school! :lol: So... PIK... that convention thingee is so ill timed! What do you think... no vote... or a watered-down compromise? The ducks have to be lined up soon... very soon... as Senator's will be catching planes to Calgary in short order! Can the master strategist pull it off, hey PIK?

Conservative senators debate lesser penalty than suspensions despite Harper's orders --- Although the PMO told them to ‘stop delaying,’ the Conservative Senate caucus will meet Monday to discuss amending motions that would suspend the senators

My understanding is ,no matter what they do they will lose thier pay. Harper is going to go after them big time and if the opp wants to take him on , then do it at your own peril. I here now this is the secret adgenda. lol

The GG as I mentioned before, when it came time for pictures with the MP's and the PM, the GG walked into the room and said, WE won!! The GG should be neutral, right?? The Speaker is a former Tory and I've seen him make decisions that was for the government and clearly was, he showed his bias and the opposition did call him on it. The Senate is controlled by the Tories and normally there wouldn't anything wrong with that except this time the PM is Harper, the bully, smart-mouth-personal attacker and does really believe in the rules of Parliament.

You've yet to provide any evidence...and the Speaker is a Conservative, not a former.

What was the wedge issue in 2011?

The idea that Iggy was a horrible leader of the Opposition?

Iggy came up north for the last campaign and election, then bolted south just after he lost. Zero integrity and runs to the US like a sore loser. Horrible might be an understatement.

Wedge issue politics is not something only the Tories have done. The 2007 Ontario Election was a classic example where a single Tory Campaign Plank to extend vouchers to Faith-based public school was pretty much the only thing that was discussed.

There is always a wedge issue the way I see it. Take your pick. All sides do it. Not just the Tories. Economy, environment,health care, crime, ect. I think in Canada the wedging is muted and toned down. This way many wont even see a wedge issue.

Do you have a link to that story? I've never heard it and I find it extremely difficult to believe. I would think His Excellency has a little more political awareness than that.

So Harper is implying that he fired Nigel Wright and Duffy now says that the PMO offered to cover his legal fees on top of the $90000 cheque.

What a mess. I bet Harper is really regretting giving this appointment to Duffy. The guy is completely awful. But, the cliche goes, when you lie with the dogs you get fleas.

So Harper is implying that he fired Nigel Wright and Duffy now says that the PMO offered to cover his legal fees on top of the $90000 cheque.

What a mess. I bet Harper is really regretting giving this appointment to Duffy. The guy is completely awful. But, the cliche goes, when you lie with the dogs you get fleas.

In Monte Solberg's column today he talks about how Harper resisted appointing Senators for awhile and would love to hear from the Supreme Court that he could reform or scrap the whole thing. Ironically, arguably, the highest profile scandal his government has seen to date comes from, what was likely, a flippant appointment of a former broadcaster who at the time seemed sympathetic to the cause.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/10/25/a-loathe-hate-relationship-pm-refused-for-years-to-appoint-senators-now-theyre-chained-around-his-neck

BTW you'd think if the PMO paid for Duffy's legal fees, he'd have ample evidence to prove it.

Says he has a cheque. It's kind of hard to fabricate a fake PMO cheque.

You'd think that would be something he'd have disclosed earlier on and not days before he's set to be booted from the Senate. I guess we'll see the evidence of these claims soon.

All this from Duffy smacks of desperation though. Harper has come out aggressively in defense of his record here and has him up against the wall.

You'd think that would be something he'd have disclosed earlier on and not days before he's set to be booted from the Senate. I guess we'll see the evidence of these claims soon.

All this from Duffy smacks of desperation though. Harper has come out aggressively in defense of his record here and has him up against the wall.

Why would he reveal anything to the media earlier on? Seems to me the dirtbag was more than happy to take the bribes and accept the promises made by the PMO, until they threw him under the bus like the political hot potato that he is. Now he's fighting back.

It does smack of desperation, but really, the guys life is on the line (not literally of course) his income is threatened, he has been (pretty much quite rightly) vilified from all angles.

The left hated him when he first spoke up, but the facts werent known (as well as now) and now he is hated on the right and loved on the left.

I am confident he has enough info to get through this and perhaps get a time out of some kind and then he can pick up his paycheque while he sits ion the back row and no one will want his opinion on anything.

Maybe...he goes to work as Liberal fundraiser? (I doubt it) .....but it would chafe some of the boys in blue.

An article read this weekend (no idea what paper or mag it was) said he was always considered an Ottawa lightweight reporter whos claim to fame was an ability to cozy up to politicians and his ability to drink.

For me, he always appeared as a bit of a blowhard with a penchant to think he was more important and knowledgeable than he truly was.

If he has half the evidence he says he does, Harper will rue the day he appointed him. Harper has been caught in two lies on this so far.

I hope he runs his info through public channels and doesnt get all soft and mushy and deep six it in trade for being let off easy on this.

Guest Derek L

Exactly......why not "spill the beans" after he first tasted the "bottom of the bus" months ago?

Exactly......why not "spill the beans" after he first tasted the "bottom of the bus" months ago?

Why?

Pretty easy, if he had spilled the beans, then maybe Harper would have not been caught lying twice about this so far.

Always play your cards close to the vest, the other guy might talk and make a statement one can prove wrong. Ya know, like....er...Nigel resigned or only one person knew, sorry I mean a few people knew.

Harper certainly knew about all of this.

Says he has a cheque. It's kind of hard to fabricate a fake PMO cheque.

No ...

Bingo ...

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/politics/story/1.2187122

The Conservative Party bought a senator's silence

Duffy said he has the emails and the cheque stub to prove it, adding the $13,500 was paid by the Conservative Party's top lawyer, Arthur Hamilton.

That's a crime.

It may not have been for Wright to give Duffy money personally,

but how is Harper going to "dismiss" the Conservative Party?

If he has half the evidence he says he does, Harper will rue the day he appointed him. Harper has been caught in two lies on this so far.

I hope he runs his info through public channels and doesnt get all soft and mushy and deep six it in trade for being let off easy on this.

I think with the advice of his lawyer, Duffy is revealing the evidence that he has given to the RCMP.

Guest Derek L

Why?

Pretty easy, if he had spilled the beans, then maybe Harper would have not been caught lying twice about this so far.

Always play your cards close to the vest, the other guy might talk and make a statement one can prove wrong. Ya know, like....er...Nigel resigned or only one person knew, sorry I mean a few people knew.

Harper certainly knew about all of this.

What's "all of this"?

Regardless of the Prime Minister’s actions, real or perceived , how does this play into Senator Duffy’s favour? I mean he kept his trap shut until he was faced with being tossed on his ear……Couldn’t one surmise that if the Senator had of “went public” earlier, he wouldn’t be in the situation he is in now?

Guest Derek L

No ...

Bingo ...

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/politics/story/1.2187122

The Conservative Party bought a senator's silence

Duffy said he has the emails and the cheque stub to prove it, adding the $13,500 was paid by the Conservative Party's top lawyer, Arthur Hamilton.

That's a crime.

It may not have been for Wright to give Duffy money personally,

but how is Harper going to "dismiss" the Conservative Party?

No, it's not a crime :rolleyes:

At the time, Duffy was a member of the CPC.......all parties can and do pay for legal expenses of their members...These funds are garnered by donations to the party.