PMO paid for Duffy's fraud

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no. Duffy's not a victim here. He still made inappropriate residency claims and should have known better. It's obvious he wasn't a resident of PEI. He's an embarrassment.

And it's not like the government cannot find out about where people live. The claim they did not know about where Duffy's main residence was to be is total bull.

Not even close. There is a reason for the PMO and that is to the dirty work and problem solve and keep the PM out of it.That is how it works here and everywhere else.

What is funny is you admit (thru the back door of course) that which you deny.

You know the PMO does the dirty work , and they keep Harper out of it. Much the same as any other gang or company. Get someone to do the dirty work but make sure that the boss isnt implicated.

Al Capone didnt know about any of the killings etc, his henchmen made sure he wasnt implicated , and ya know.....he wasnt. They got him on tax evasion.

Chretien knew nothing about Adscam , it was all the other guys that did that, not him, no way no how.

Two words pik , wake up.

Remember that report about a "secret fund" the PMO had, about 1 Million? What are the possibilities that Wright was advised take $90,000 out and transfer it to his account and then pay off Duffy. This way FOI couldn't get into Wright personal account. http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/conservative-party-denies-secret-fund-run-by-pmo-1.1404415

Now the CPC is denying even the existence of the fund. Not sure why.

I think they're digging themselves a big hole.

This is for the RCMP to sort out.

Same with AdScam, eh PIK? Just bad accounting. We wouldn't want to upset the apple cart over that, would we?

ADSCAM is a real scandal. But was that check ever cashed? Has duffy even paid a cent to the taxpayer yet?? Edited by PIK

This just doesn't seem to me like something Harper would agree to l.

That hasn't been established.

I would have said he may have been protected from knowing anything (about the personal payoff) by his Chief of staff and PMO staff ... but the new revelation that the CPC was directly involved in paying Duffy's legal fees makes me think it's more likely that Harper would be involved in those discussions.

In any case, the conditions placed on the money - Duffy's silence and non-cooperation with the audit - make this arguably a bribery criminal offense, if substantiated.

Would they risk doing that behind Harper's back?

I don't know.

As far as the three senators and what they owe , if anything, that is very confusing. Brazeau, said yesterday, that IF he owed anything it was about 150.00 and that the outside accounting company , said he didn't do anything wrong , he was legal. but the senate internal board said other else and Wallin case, there a fine line between what is Parliamentary business and like Duffy , she also raise money for the party. Now, the other mess the COVERUP the top senators and the PMO, including the party lawyer to get rid of the three senators which was causing a media attention. So, either we wait until the RCMP is finished and keep the three on payroll OR have a open-senate committee hearing all under oath and get to the truth. Thoughts?

As far as the three senators and what they owe , if anything, that is very confusing. Brazeau, said yesterday, that IF he owed anything it was about 150.00 and that the outside accounting company , said he didn't do anything wrong , he was legal. but the senate internal board said other else and Wallin case, there a fine line between what is Parliamentary business and like Duffy , she also raise money for the party.

They're all in the same situation re housing in that Harper appointed them to the senate to represent provinces they are originally from, but haven't actually lived in for years. I think Harper bears some responsibility for that mess.

Now, the other mess the COVERUP the top senators and the PMO, including the party lawyer to get rid of the three senators which was causing a media attention. So, either we wait until the RCMP is finished and keep the three on payroll OR have a open-senate committee hearing all under oath and get to the truth. Thoughts?

I prefer to let the RCMP handle it.

Interesting point from John Ivison.

Stephen Harper re Paul Martin and Adscam:

[Harper] used to say of former prime minister Paul Martin that he either knew about the sponsorship scandal, and it was unconscionable, or he didnt know, and it was incompetence.

Which is it Harper?

And it's not like the government cannot find out about where people live. The claim they did not know about where Duffy's main residence was to be is total bull.

More like, Harper made him a Senator on the condition that he claim residency expenses in PEI, so that it appears he's actually living there. Duffy was caught and Harper tried to wash his hands of it.

This just doesn't seem to me like something Harper would agree to l.

It seems exactly like something he would agree to. He didn't want the media or anyone else knowing that he appointed a PEI senator who wasn't living in PEI. When the shit hit the fan, he tried to make it disappear. When it wouldn't disappear, he tried to turn Duffy into a bulletproof vest and Duffy wasn't having any of it.

More like, Harper made him a Senator on the condition that he claim residency expenses in PEI, so that it appears he's actually living there. Duffy was caught and Harper tried to wash his hands of it.

BINGO!

But let's have a look at what the 13,560 legal expense check was cut for. What legal work do you reckon that paid for. Apparently that's another coverup.

Guest Derek L

What's the PMO done that's illegal?

Exactly, I wouldn't hold your breath for a reasonable reply though..........The only actions that appear (but yet to be proven) illegal are those of the Senator that indicate that he billed expenses to the Canadian Taxpayer, on his Senate expense account well at functions paid for by the Conservative Party of Canada……There is no ifs ands or buts, if proven true, that is:

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/c-46/page-182.html#docCont

Fraud
  • 380. (1) Every one who, by deceit, falsehood or other fraudulent means, whether or not it is a false pretence within the meaning of this Act, defrauds the public or any person, whether ascertained or not, of any property, money or valuable security or any service,

• (a) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to a term of imprisonment not exceeding fourteen years, where the subject-matter of the offence is a testamentary instrument or the value of the subject-matter of the offence exceeds five thousand dollars; or

• (b) is guilty

• (i) of an indictable offence and is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years, or

• (ii) of an offence punishable on summary conviction,

• where the value of the subject-matter of the offence does not exceed five thousand dollars.

And of course, depending on the total sum of such alleged "double dipping", could open up the possibility of aggravating circumstances.

And what ever happened to that fellow allegedly paid by Duffy to do nothing (by his own admission)?

Guest Derek L

Quite possibly, the criminal investigation will find Duffy guilty of accepting a bribe. That guy most probably is digging his own grave with the show he's putting on for reasons that remain unclear.

The raison d’etre for the Senator’s circus act is that his days of Parliamentary Privilege are near over………Another speculative reason as to why Duffy has developed diarrhea of the mouth with the revelations of “evidence” that he is self incriminating with, is that if/when legal proceedings begin against him, said “evidence” could be deemed tainted by a Judge and in turn, not be legally able to use against the Senator (or anyone else).
If this is a thought out, purposeful strategy, I give credit to Duffy’s lawyer……

I wonder why then Harper has developed an apparent "bunged up" mouth? Could it be that anything other than "talking points" may hurt him?

And here's one to ponder, why would Duffy make up this story about mortgaging his house to pay the expense account back. As taxpayers, who cares, oh unless you've cut a check you don't want anyone to know about, possibly on CPC funds.

Guest Derek L

Well, the PMO itself is just a thing but within it's walls it's been alleged that somebody(s) been complicit in Duffy's alleged fraud.

These people need to be outfitted with wearable cameras to protect themselves if not us.

By who? The alleged fraud occurred during the 2011 election when it is supposed that the Senator received money from the Conservative Party of Canada well at fundraisers and speaking events etc during the campaign, all the while, it is alleged that the Senator also billed his expenses to his Senate expense account.

Where’s the Mens rea on the part of the PMO?…or the CPC?……or the Prime Minister etc……..In other words, if the allegations are true, the only person that would benefit from said (alleged) fraudulent claims would be the Senator.

By who? The alleged fraud occurred during the 2011 election when it is supposed that the Senator received money from the Conservative Party of Canada well at fundraisers and speaking events etc during the campaign, all the while, it is alleged that the Senator also billed his expenses to his Senate expense account.

Where’s the Mens rea on the part of the PMO?…or the CPC?……or the Prime Minister etc……..In other words, if the allegations are true, the only person that would benefit from said (alleged) fraudulent claims would be the Senator.

Well...Although he's been disparaged,we have not heared from Mr. Wright....

Ever heard of "quid pro quo"? Kinda like you don't get something for nothing. Ya don't cut 90k checks without in that business without payback.

Guest Derek L

Well...Although he's been disparaged,we have not heared from Mr. Wright....

I would assume the reason Mr Wright has remained silent is that he (and his Lawyers) know that he did nothing illegal , I assume as much since Senator Duffy has indicated numerous exchanges between all parties lawyers, as such, why enter the fray? What gain would it be for Mr Wright to dive into the mud puddle?

I would assume the reason Mr Wright has remained silent is that he (and his Lawyers) know that he did nothing illegal , I assume as much since Senator Duffy has indicated numerous exchanges between all parties lawyers, as such, why enter the fray? What gain would it be for Mr Wright to dive into the mud puddle?

People who have done nothing illegal have no reason to keep quiet. You don't need lawyers to figure that out!

If he's done nothing illegal,ostensibly,he has nothing to worry about...Including speaking out!

In fact,he's the lynch pin that could set the record straight...I suspect you're right that his lawyers have told him to be quiet...Unless he ends up having to testify under oath...

Of course these are all assumptions...Like assuming the Prime Minister is telling the truth...