SUN NEWS should be made more accessible

betsy

Guest Derek L

If Sun had Rupert Murdoch like resources, they could do the same in time. It wasn't long ago that Fox was the new kid on the block, and has won audience share by competing hard. CNN use to have the edge, long since lost. That many Canadians are even aware of Fox News and its on air talent speaks volumes. Must be all those fine ladies in short skirts ?

Two words: Megyn Kelly wub.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're afraid that people may develop opinions that vary from those of the CBC?

There is a difference between quality news and junk news.

*North Korea's latest propaganda film to his people in an attempt to demonstrate that the U.S is a slum country.

Edited by Sleipnir

There is a difference between quality news and junk news.

*North Korea's latest propaganda film to his people in an attempt to demonstrate that the U.S is a slum country.

How can you compare a dictatorship country to Canada???

Come to think of it....that's a point that helps the pro-Sun News argument. That's what it does seems like when there are no other choices made available to people. CRTC dictating the choices we have. CRTC is behaving like North Korea!

If I want to watch "junk" news, that's my choice. What next, you'd be advocating to eliminate flea markets? :lol:

One man's junk is another man's treasure. :D

Edited by betsy

You're doing that, not me.

Your obvious fear of anything outside of what you think the world should be is really very sad.

I don't watch fox news, i don't watch sun news, but that does not mean that all of the people, opinions, or ideologies expressed on those networks are wrong, o i know, you can't begin to imagine how or why anyone could not see the world the way you do, and because of that you don't think anyone should be allowed to be even exposed to these other thoughts, but that is an extremeist point of view. I have seen commentary from some of the bigger ames on the sun network that i agree with, things that i don't see how any intelligent person wouldn't agree with, but despite my inability to understand the failings of others i do not feel obligated to limit their option to watch something that more suits their way of looking at the world. It is diffcicult for many Canadians to see the world outside the framework formed by the 1970's liberals, as if that point of view was the final word, you were likely raised in that environment so it's easy to see how you could be stuck in that mindset. But, here's a shocker, your beliefs aren't always the right beliefs, whatever that means, nor are mine for that matter, and so long as sun news isn't pushing hate propaganda, and no, actually reporting things like native spending scandals, or asking, is that really a hunger strike, isnt that, then the network shouldn't be some sort of pyre that you need to set to flames.

It's almost as if it's existence, bothers you. In a how dare they not tell me what i want to hear sort of way, again, very sad.

I agree to help fund them more.

But if they ever decry public funding initiatives, I'd like to fine them double back for being a bunch of hypocrites.

Not only that, It provides a good laugh for sane people. or depression if you think people actually watch it for information...

"Let's bully this person to try to make them look stupid."

"Let's use junk science to support corporate interests"

"Let's use this oil executive to talk about how oil is environmentally friendly"

Really, they should get a channel number right beside the comedy network and only come with the similar premium package.

• 1 month later...

Here's an interesting column by Warren Kinsella. He contributes to Sun Media even though he's a raging Liberal.

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/straighttalk/archives/2013/04/20130430-071127.html

I like how people who oppose Sun News think people aren't critical enough to decide their own politics and believe Sun News is just brainwashing people. Pretty pathetic stuff.

• 3 months later...

This was ignored by everyone on this site it appears but Sun News was denied mandatory carriage. I'm shocked how much mandatory carriage CNN gets.

But I guess the CRTC admits allowing some "All News Channels" to be higher in the listings and grouping Sun News in with fringe specialty cable channels that don't even offer any CanCon.

Seems like everyone gets something to make them happy in this ruling.

I don't watch fox news, i don't watch sun news, but that does not mean that all of the people, opinions, or ideologies expressed on those networks are wrong, o i know, you can't begin to imagine how or why anyone could not see the world the way you do, and because of that you don't think anyone should be allowed to be even exposed to these other thoughts, but that is an extremeist point of view.

I agree when it comes to opinions and viewpoints.

THe problem I have with idealogue news channels on both the left and right is that they often get caught flat out lying in a way that can be objectively determined. If a private company did this in an ad, they could be sued for false advertising, but the media seems to have a complete and total lack of accountability unless they directly slander an individual or corporation.

I'd like some evidence that Sun News has no actual news.

Sure from 5pm on they show a list of opinion shows. I don't think their 6pm show Battleground is to heavy on the opinion but Levant, Coren, Adler and Lilley's shows are all heavy on the opinion. And I guess their early morning show with David Menzies is probably heavy on the opinion too. Though I've never seen it.

BUT from 8pm to 5pm there's news similar to what you'd see on CBC Newsworld.

I know LOL that's so funny you're just a Sun News sycofant. But seriously when I do watch, which I'll admit isn't to often but that's because I have a job and stuff, they try to do the news throughout the day.