Rob Ford, mayor of Toronto UPDATES

WWWTT

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a state funeral. A disgraced ex-mayor should get a state funeral? Yes, of course it's "selective outrage"... I readily admit that! Because one makes sense and the one for a crackhead is sheer stupidity.

The Ford Family surely could have afforded that 20k...

I suspect that it was for more than one reason. At the event, Brother Doug did indicate that it was important to keep the Ford Nation together - for his run at office? Maybe they should be charged for election campaigning.

Campaigning at your brother's funeral. Stay classy, Doug.

So they wouldn't claim expenses when they were entitled........but claiming an expense when you are dead is OK? Doug better be careful I believe Rob may begin one of those Amityville type hauntings........his soul can't be freed as he benefited from taxpayer money......*shudder*

So they wouldn't claim expenses when they were entitled........but claiming an expense when you are dead is OK? Doug better be careful I believe Rob may begin one of those Amityville type hauntings........his soul can't be freed as he benefited from taxpayer money......*shudder*

Spent his career trying to stop the gravy train, only to have it pull into station at his funeral.

Two wrongs don't make a right. If you're going to complain about Layton's funeral then I expect you to complain about Doig using his own brother's death for political capital.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Agreed 100%.

But I can, and will be selective about who I complain about. Just as you have.

Rob Ford demonized himself through various actions, like seeking drugs and opposing safe sites.

The safe sites do a few things, if people have a safe place to go, then you will have a reduction in the harm to the general population with regards to used needles being left out and about. It gives addicts a way out of the addiction via these safe sites that provide counseling.

Ford interrupted many other council members during sessions. even bowled one of the female council members down one time.

He had a habit that contradicted his public perception.

You don't have to look to hard to find Ford's shortcomings.

They always just kept looking for the bad side in Ford. Those people who hated Ford, especially Toronto city council, kind of remind me of the people who hate Trump. If you want to change the establishment system for the better you had better be ready for a fight, and prepare yourself for the insults and attacks that are to come. The liberal/Marxist establishment has a lot to lose if they were to allow anyone to try and upset their apple cart, and the people continue to listen to and believe their establishment bull. The people are truly their own worse enemy. They continue to show that they have no clue about how the political game works. I know because I come into contact with many people like that every day who don't seem to give a crap about anything except about themselves and money. We live in a "it's all about me generation".

They always just kept looking for the bad side in Ford.

And you'll dismiss all the wife beating, homophobia, and crack abuse he did because he agrees with your political ideology. That's pretty detestable and shows a stunning lack of moral character and values.

And you'll dismiss all the wife beating, homophobia, and crack abuse he did because he agrees with your political ideology. That's pretty detestable and shows a stunning lack of moral character and values.

I am not dismissing anything, but I think that you are trying too. Rob Ford was well liked and admired by thousands of Ontario taxpayer's whom he fought for. But with most people they still cannot seem to want to get away from all the negativity written about Ford, and instead prefer to keep looking for the bad side of him all the time. Ford was for the people and many people liked him for that. They preferred to look at the good side of Ford. I find that with most politicians they only want to get into politics for the glory of it, and the great pension plan, and push for an agenda or program that will only harm the taxpayer, and their tax dollars, not help them. Ford was not that kind of a man. I find and think that there are a lot of Canadians out there that are nothing but a bunch of detestable fools who keep showing their stunning lack of moral, honesty, integrity and values.

I don't care who liked him. He was an awful human being.

Ya, and the likes of Wynn and all the other Premiers of Ontario of the past who have just about bankrupt Ontario, are all treated like kings and queens by the media. At least Rob Ford gave a dam about taxpayer's tax dollars. The others enjoyed blowing it.

What a sad thing for you to call Ford an awful human being. At least Ford took on the thieves in the Ontario governments. Now those are people you should be calling awful human beings. It is incredible how people can be so brainwashed by this lame duck media that we have. If one is a real true Conservative, than they are the enemy by the liberal media establishment of Ontario. They must be always shown as awful human beings. Sad.

At least Rob Ford gave a dam about taxpayer's tax dollars. The others enjoyed blowing it.

He used city staff and resources for his football activities.... Saying he gave a damn about taxpayers is a neat lie Ford supporters repeat ad nauseum.

Who cares that he beat his wife, used crack and hated gay people. He saved tax dollars! (While Toronto's infrastructure crumbled, mind you)

Ya, who cares if Ford hated gays? I have no love for them either. I guess that makes me some kind of homophobic hater, uhmm?

He used city staff and resources for his football activities.... Saying he gave a damn about taxpayers is a neat lie Ford supporters repeat ad nauseum.

To be used to help some poor black kids living in the ghettos of Toronto. At least that was money better spent on Canadians rather than all the money that is being blown on illegal refugees who have no right to any taxpayer's tax dollars, and other wasteful tax dollars that are being blown on programs and agendas like multiculturalism and bilingualism, and the promoting of the gay lifestyle which will cost billions, and using city staff and resources to push those useless communist programs. But hey, Ford was a conservative, and had to go.