Rob Ford, mayor of Toronto UPDATES

WWWTT

I guess if you're faced with apologizing for being completely wrong for smearing the Star, the best thing to do is double-down on the smears and then refuse to back it up because you can't.

But the judge can decide whether what Ford "inferred" was libel. Unlike Ford, Dale's threats of legal action are bona fide.

And I'll take the ignore as a badge of honour. But don't expect me to ignore you when you plagiarize articles or slander people.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever it takes to make your little mind happy.

You slander someone and then accuse me of making personal attacks because I said your argument lacked strength. Now you say I have a "little mind?" I guess if you have no argument and feel humiliated by the people exposing that, that's all there is left to do. :lol:

I'm not willing to get into a circle jerk with you, nor am I willing to spend 24/7 on line trolling for sources to keep you happy.

But you are willing to take the time to make the claim. Nut up or shut up.

The harassment innuendo and vendetta by one paper in particular has been noteworthy. The media relies on a lot of anonymous sources, innuendo and supposition flinging around a lot of mud on the basis of allegations with no solid proof.
Oh yes, like when they said he was ripped on St. Patty's day, or that he smoked crack, or that he hung out with drug dealers....oh wait: all the stuff was true.
If you think I’m going to spend my time searching for articles to keep you happy, think again. I’m not on line 24/7 at your beck and call, but if your beliefs and drive by smears keep you happy that’s your problem. Have a good time.

:lol:

Boy, you're bad at this!

ETA: He didn't call the reporter anything, he inferred something, taken from a link posted earlier.
Daniel Dale in my backyard taking pictures. I have little kids. When a guys taking pictures of little kids, I dont want to say the word, but you start thinking, you know, whats this guy all about?
Now you are going on ignore. have fun

He didn't "infer" it. He implied it. And it was pretty clear what he was implying. If you think this is the same thing as newspapers relying on anonymous sources, I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

You still ssupport the Mayor and castigate the Star after all that has been proven undeniably true?

Wow....hard to believe anyone...anywhere could hide under a rock that long. Well, maybe Doug Ford but he too is a moron.

Where did I say I 'supported' him, I wouldn't, even if I could vote for him. I just believe that the paper has gone overboard with it's obvious personal vendetta against him. IMO they crossed the line of decency and published articles based strictly on anonymous sources and drug dealers at that.

Papers are supposed to be objective and unbiased, I'd sure hate to be the next elected politician they decide shouldn't be in office.

The reporter himself btw is the only one using the P word.

I just believe that the paper has gone overboard with it's obvious personal vendetta against him. IMO they crossed the line of decency and published articles based strictly on anonymous sources and drug dealers at that.

Papers are supposed to be objective and unbiased, I'd sure hate to be the next elected politician they decide shouldn't be in office.

You are confusing the Star w the Globe. It was they who publiched about Dougie pushing hash.

BTW, thats true too, I lived in that neighbourhood.

as for your last line, I deleted it as it is not worthy of debate.

He didn't "infer" it. He implied it. And it was pretty clear what he was implying. If you think this is the same thing as newspapers relying on anonymous sources, I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

What does God have to do with anything? Maybe he'll take some time and find mercy for your soul too.. However, I don't have the time nor the inclination to respond to personal comments or attacks. Read into that anything that keeps you happy.

have a good one

Where did I say I 'supported' him, I wouldn't, even if I could vote for him. I just believe that the paper has gone overboard with it's obvious personal vendetta against him. IMO they crossed the line of decency and published articles based strictly on anonymous sources and drug dealers at that.

Allegations subsequently proven to be true. Do you keep forgetting that part or were you asleep for a few months?

Protip: if you're a budding politico and make an enemy in the press, don't smoke crack/hang out with felons/get drunk in office.
The reporter himself btw is the only one using the P word.

So what, in your mind, was Ford implying? What was the word he wouldn't say?

What does God have to do with anything? Maybe he'll take some time and find mercy for your soul too.. However, I don't have the time nor the inclination to respond to personal comments or attacks. Read into that anything that keeps you happy.
have a good one

If only you put as much time into your arguments as you did into feigning indignation, you might not look so bad.

Edited by Black Dog

So what, in your mind, was Ford implying? What was the word he wouldn't say?

That would be putting words in his mouth and I don't read minds.

However, If it keeps you happy smearing and casting aspersions on posters go for it, whatever turns you on. I'm not getting into a circle jerk, I gave an opinion, that's it.

Edited by scribblet

I'm not asking you to read minds. I'm asking your opinion on what you think he meant.

However, If it keeps you happy smearing and casting aspersions on posters go for it, whatever turns you on. I'm not getting into a circle jerk, I gave an opinion, that's it.

Yeah, you're happy giving your opinion in a vacuum. Sure whinge a lot when people call you on it, though.

This may surprise you, but opinions are not sacred cows that cannot be challenged simply because they are earnestly held. If you don't want big bad meanies on message boards challenging you to back up your opinions with actual facts or evidence, you should probably just stay away from message boards altogether.

Such as?

Would probably be the same dealers that supplied him his crack. But I guess i have just stated the obvious. Of course we all know that Ford will now be conferring with his lawyer(s) and will soon be making a public apology. Unless of course he really is as dumb as he looks, and one Star reporter is gonna get a serious bank account adjustment from the libel suit. Stay tuned.

No doubt he will.

However, Conrad Black, everyone's favourite has always had a way with words and says it very well here.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2013/12/14/conrad-black-star-values-on-parade/

The voters control this city, not The Toronto Star. And the attempt to end-run the electoral system is a menace to democracy.
If the lawsuit does proceed, perhaps we will learn where the truth is. On the record to date, the rabid hostility of the Star to the mayor and its effort to force him from office in mid-term with no process at all except its febrile agitations and those of its claque of media allies, such as Marcus Gee of The Globe and Mail and Carol Off of CBC, does not arm the mayor’s accusers with a presumption of truthfulness, even given the mayor’s own frequent liberties with the facts. Whatever the mayor’s failings (and they are serious and he has confessed them, albeit with reluctance and in stages, but very unambiguously when I spoke with him), he is entitled to the formalities of fair and rigorous judgment that are assured to everyone in this society. The Dale matter, though important to the parties, is a sideshow.
-snip-
Mr. Ford’s exact phrasing was: “I have little kids, and when a guy’s taking pictures of little kids, I don’t want to say that word, but you start thinking, you know, what’s this guy all about?” The plainest meaning that can be ascribed to these words is that Mr. Ford was explaining his thoughts at the time, before he found out that the person lurking about his property line was a reporter, not a predator.
Anyone who has had small children knows the concerns of lurking strangers,

Now I'll take the less crowded and wide open spaces of the high road. :)-

It's fascinating how so many people hate the Star for being right and telling the truth, but I don't get their arguments that the Star shouldn't have told the truth (other than the fact that the truth has made Ford's enablers look like fools).

I honestly don't think that the Star, in telling the truth, has been "vicious" or demonstrated "rabid hostility," but their critics, in trying to conceal the truth, have.

It's truly inexplicable that someone could slander the reputation of a person for telling the truth and then claim to be taking the high road. :rolleyes:

Edited by BubberMiley

No doubt he will.

However, Conrad Black, everyone's favourite has always had a way with words and says it very well here.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2013/12/14/conrad-black-star-values-on-parade/

Did you read this interview?

http://metronews.ca/news/toronto/882101/cbcs-carol-off-grills-conrad-black-over-his-rob-ford-interview/

Off: Actually Daniel Dale and the story has been investigated by the police about Dale being not on the property, but in the public area behind his property where he was taking pictures of a field, a public property that Mr. Ford would like to buy. He didnt look over the fence, there were no kids in the yard that anyone knows of, and the police investigation said there was absolutely no substance to this. This was all reported a long time ago. Youre known for your research. Did you not know that this was completely wrong?

Black: I didnt know any of that.

Off: So you accepted what Ford had to say?

Black: I mean, if your summary is correct, then the mayor lied. I still dont see it as an allegation of pedophilia. Its an overhasty leap out of the starting blocks to assume that, then certainly, if the account you just gave is accurate, then the mayor lied. And I would resent that if he did.

Off: I guess the point here is that if, and you establish this with Rob Ford, if rumour and innuendo, of suggesting slanderous things about people is damaging to them, is there a double standard when its a journalist who is being slandered?

Black: No. If thats what he did, theres no double standard. If thats what he did, then he shouldnt have done it. And indeed if what you just said is what happened, going back to my days in the study, in my brief days in the practice of law and certainly to my extensive experience in defamation matters, Mr. Dale would have a case against him.

Edited by jacee

you already called the reporter a "pervert or whatever" in this thread in your own words and in reference to what Ford said. So you've already said his picture taking was sexual in nature. Don't pretend like you haven't said or implied anything.

ROB FORD DOES IT AGAIN!

I like my original title to this thread because it highlighted the fact of this Ford character's ability to relentlessly stay atop the headlines!

In fact, this ability he has, I would consider to be at a prodigy level!

I never thought a politician can use a freak show circus style, and make it work so well that his popularity level has remained almost unchanged!

Now I came across a link today that made me howl laughing to the point that I thought, this is got to be a freekin joke or some kind of prank!

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/stop-the-bullying-help-pay-mayor-ford-s-legal-costs

Now, as I recall, there was a similar drive to pay for the crack video.

DISCLAIMER:

As well, I am not asking anyone to donate any money to this. I am not trying to promote anything. I only provide the link because I wouldn't believe it unless I saw it with my own eyes!

WWWTT

What gets me about Ford and the good Lord of Crossharbour is their bloated senses of entitlement. Wealth, entitled, victims of fate.

Conrad Black’s interview with Toronto Mayor Rob Ford was like Festivus come early, so operatic was the airing of grievances. Even with squinting, it’s hard to see how two men so wildly fortunate by birth and circumstance could feel so aggrieved at the loss of their privileges. Linus after Lucy stole his blanket was never this cross.

It seems like Ford is starting to become a problem for Chairman Harper and his merry band of knuckle-draggers.

The finance minister, who is an old friend of the Ford family, got word of Kenney's public upbraiding of Ford and confronted his cabinet colleague once the two were seated in the Commons for the daily question period.

In a voice loud enough for several of their cabinet colleagues to hear, Flaherty told Kenney to "shut the f--k up" about Ford.

Kenney responded angrily in kind, and although the two men were separated by four other ministers, alarmed caucus colleagues, who requested anonymity, were concerned the bilious debate might escalate beyond their control.

It seems like Ford isn't the only right-winger from the GTA who has violent tendencies and personal control issues.