Will you reconsider traveling to the USA?

Travel to USA.   

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I'm a bigot to myself then. Fun fact: I'm a Christian, have been all my life, baptized, with all my sacraments completed. Went to a Christian school from kindergarten through high school graduation. I have a close sibling who is gay, and is getting married next year to another homosexual, and they're getting married in a Christian church (no, not in a Catholic or Anglican one LOL). Try again.

You don't have to give me your life's story. That's irrelevant.

Furthermore...you're saying, if I'm an atheist - that gives me license to deliberately insult all atheists? Since I'm also insulting myself? What kind of an excuse is that? rolleyes.gif

It doesn't matter whether you're a fundamentalist Christian. Faith has nothing to do with this.

And I certainly don't care whether you're a bigot or not. That's not my problem.

The issue is about forum rules. Bigotry was brought up only due to the trolling message on your photo - which happens to single out a certain group of people. Your photo broke several rules. And American Woman referred to a post by Greg explaining about insults.

It's just to point out to you - with a clear evidence - that you, of all people in this forum, shouldn't be pointing your finger at anyone and accusing them of trolling. That's all.

Now back to Squid's topic.

Edited by betsy

Yes...that what it looks like to me as well.

And if I try to see a squid in that avatar....that poor squid's got a broken "neck!" I've never seen a picture of a squid like that. The Squid calls it his avatar....

In computing, an avatar is the graphical representation of the user or the user's alter ego or character

Mind you, I've never seen our fellow-member The Squid in person. Maybe he walks around with his head like that. laugh.pnglaugh.png

Edited by betsy

I guess I'm a bigot to myself then. Fun fact: I'm a Christian, have been all my life, baptized, with all my sacraments completed. Went to a Christian school from kindergarten through high school graduation.

None of those things make you a christian.

I have a close sibling who is gay, and is getting married next year to another homosexual, and they're getting married in a Christian church (no, not in a Catholic or Anglican one LOL). Try again.

If they are marrying unrepentant homosexuals, they're not a christian church.

I stumbled across an incident last tuesday morning in Red Rock Canyon just west of Las Vegas, I pulled over into the sight seeing overlook just outside of town and there was a little red cavalier or simular with a sheriff's truck park behind it back about 30 yards of this car, I could clearly see both vehicles on the approach from the highway(they being the only two vehicles there), the sheriff was standing beside his drivers side door, I initailly thought nothing of it until I pulled even with the truck on the opposite side of the overlook loop and shaw the sheriff shielding himself behind his open door with his shot gun aimed squarely at the back of this little red car , he looked over at me and waived me back , there is only one way in and out of the loop so I backed up and left, the little red car had privicy windows and it was cracked down a few inches, the driver stuck his fingers out, I got back on the highway and continued south, I passed at least another 3 police cars speeding towards the loop... it was a little unsettling but kinda excilurating at the same time....

Edited by stamps

Red Rock is a favorite hang out area for all kinds of youthful mischief. That and Blue Diamond were far enough out of the Las Vegas valley to lose the cops/sheriff, but now Vegas has grown into that area (Spring Valley).

Cops want to see hands.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

And if I try to see a squid in that avatar....that poor squid's got a broken "neck!" I've never seen a picture of a squid like that. The Squid calls it his avatar....

Mind you, I've never seen our fellow-member The Squid in person. Maybe he walks around with his head like that. laugh.pnglaugh.png

it's a Jesus squid.... like the Jesus fish, only better.

Squid are invertebrates and very nimble in water. They don't have heads. They have a mantle...

squidanatomy.png

it's a Jesus squid.... like the Jesus fish, only better.

Squid are invertebrates and very nimble in water. They don't have heads. They have a mantle...squidanatomy.png

I didn't know what they're called. Now I know. Mantle.

Well, I'm telling you - nimble or not - the angle of the mantle from the rest of it is all wrong. It looks like it's wilting....or fainting. The poor thing. Maybe it'd be much better if you just say it's a toucan with lipstick. That's what it looks like. Seriously. Especially with what look like a "halo" above its eye (and head). How can that be a squid???

Edited by betsy

Because if there was one thing that Jesus was supposed to be, it was judgemental.

Since you've been judging people here as bigots.....I guess you must be the self-appointed resident bigot-expert on this forum.

So what do you think of Moonlight's avatar? Is there some bigotry in its photo/message?

Edited by betsy

I dont have a problem at all with travelling to the US in fact I just got back from 4 days in vegas. Interestingly enough there WAS a shooting across the street from where I stayed. Some guy shot his wife at the excalibur. I was at the MGM Grande.

I look at these shootings about the same way I do terrorism. I would rather they didnt happen and if reasonable and affordable steps can be taken to prevent them or make them less likely then thats probably a good idea. But Im not going to lose a lot of sleep over something less likely to kill me than a lightening strike.

Since you've been judging people here as bigots.....I guess you must be the self-appointed resident bigot-expert on this forum.

So what do you think of Moonlight's avatar? Is there some bigotry in its photo/message?

The lefties in this forum always try to silence discussion with the use of the bigot card. I like to shove it back in their faces.

The lefties in this forum always try to silence discussion with the use of the bigot card. I like to shove it back in their faces.

She can keep 'discussing' all she wants. It doesn't change the reality that her position is indefensible.