I don't think Justin Trudeau really wants to be PM.

Boges

No. Not for Trudeau. smile.png

He's very smart to try to connect with young Islamists in Canada, and the opposition just had the rug pulled out from under them.

It's politically stupid of the Cons to villify Canadian Islamists, and to ignore their concerns about western imperialism, imo.

What do you mean by Islamists? I always understood the term to mean fundamentalists, jihadists, etc, as differentiated from the ordinary Muslim.

But then Google's first definition is "a scholar who knowledgeable in Islamic studies".

If the former, then the government is correct to speak the truth about them. I don't think it will hurt them politically.

If the latter, well, they probably aren't.

What do you mean by Islamists? I always understood the term to mean fundamentalists, jihadists, etc, as differentiated from the ordinary Muslim.

But then Google's first definition is "a scholar who knowledgeable in Islamic studies".

If the former, then the government is correct to speak the truth about them. I don't think it will hurt them politically.

If the latter, well, they probably aren't.

I'm not sure. Maybe it's used differently.

I suppose I should have just said Islamic youth.

hamas doesn't fit the definition of a terrorist organization anymore because it is a government not a subnational organization.

human rights abuser would be the correct problem not terrorism

but israel meets the definition of a state that commits human rights abuses too. so it is simply politics, not law or morality.

hopefully muslims will wise up and vote liberal and recognize their path from being the subhumans of canada is to get the rascist islamophobes out of office,

how can you vote for someone who calls islam the greatest threat to canada as Stephen harper does? The muslim vote should be as much liberal as the jewish vote should be conservative

its not that the liberaks are anti jew, they are rather for all canadians, harper glvernme t is prozionist plain and simple though.

liberals have been nothing less than pro canadian. something you won't get from the conservatives. they are about conservatives not canada

the fact there isn't a single conservstive muslim mp is a testament to that

that is 1 million muslims in canada that is 1 in 35 canadians and not a single conservative mp is muslim

Edited by login

http://m.thestar.com/news/gta/article/1306261--justin-trudeau-fires-back-at-critics-in-speech-at-islamic-conference

“As you know,some conservatives tried to stir up controversy about my appearance here today. They tried to appeal to people’s fears and prejudices,the very things that this gathering was founded to overcome,” Trudeau told a crowd of thousands. “I want you to know that I will always stand up to the politics of division.

Trudeau’s speech,delivered at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre,was light on the current political race for leader,instead telling the tale of Wilfrid Laurier,whom Trudeau called his second-favourite prime minister. He praised Laurier for helping find common ground between opposing factions.

Previous keynote speakers at the annual event,now in its 11th year,include late NDP leader Jack Layton and former police chief Julian Fantino. The three-day convention is an effort assembled by Muslim youth designed to facilitate discussion and dialogue within the community.

Well, the sky didn't fall or anything.

"A crowd of thousands" ... of voters ...

Too bad the Conservatives didn't get an invite. :lol:

Edited by jacee

Everyone panders in politics. The Harper government clearly panders to the Jews, considering his fanatical and somewhat irresponsible/unreasonable and uncompromising support for Israel, and Trudeau has clearly seen this as an opportunity to court the Islamic vote. This is normal. Too bad he couldn't come up with anything interesting to say. As usual, he blathered about a bunch of nothing, staked out no positions and all sorts of ironic and contradicting statements further proved he's just a an empty-headed blowhard.

Edited by Moonbox

Justin's the new Harper it seems. Circa 2005.

I don't think so.

Harper made a firm stance on a very controversial - and unpopular issue - back then. Oh how can I forget that moment he stood up in the Commons.

Young Trudeau on the other hand, might end up suffering from physical strain, what with all the tap dancing and bending over he's been doing all over the place. He's yet to find his principle that he can firmly stand on. If he can manage to keep still long enough, and not fidget around.

Edited by betsy

He spoke to a Catholic school to so expect him to ban abortions and get rid of same sex marriage if he becomes Prime Minister.

Looks like many in Canada still fear Islam.But Christian/Jewdaism is still AOK!

WWWTT

WWWTT

Yes, I fear religions that chop off peoples hands, feet, stone women to death for looking at another man and force their women to be covered from head to toe in thick cloth.

Yes, I fear that religion which seeks to impose Sharia Law on the rest of us who wish to live in a secular society.

I fear that religion of Islam which seeks to dominate the western world through violence and will behead innocent people to try to meet its goals.

Sharia Law must never be allowed to infiltrate our lives!

Can you get it clear? Both of our countries are liberal Western democracies. Islam or at least radical Islam is at odds with Westernism. If they don't like it here they can move to any number of sh*****oles.