First nations patiences waning

login

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was one of the most civil yet effective smackdowns I've ever seen on this site. Grats

After reading the content, tone, and civility of your response it re-enforces for me the accuracy of my opinion and the substance of yours. Your lack of manners is paralleled only by the lack of strength of your position. I assume that you do understand that in these forums the prime indicator of a lack of coherent support for a position is manifested in an unprovoked attack on any poster who does not share that position.

BTW, I have no intention of ever “coming back” to anything that you have to offer. It appears that you post not to encourage commentary but to create targets for your anger. You may find in the future that making phone calls is not very productive or informative when no one picks up at the receiving end. Please listen to this dial tone …

it was a stupid point thanks for saving my future time.

it is one of those my rationality and simplicity of the truth is so apparant but contrary to your desired outcome points so you just kick up a storm to derail and cause a stinkbomb so the argument becomes personalized rather than focused on the issue. That is what a crook does and you are a crook.

your tone sounds like someone suffering gyno.

Edited by login

I wasn't talking to you and you are clearly just sh1t disturbing.

why don't you add something meaningful to the discussion.

Oh please. This is a couple posts after you call me a fraud and a criminal for disagreeing with you. Buddy, you have no idea what you're talking about and you don't understand anything about how politics or the law work. I'd listen to the opinion of an American with a brain and an education way before I'll listen to your moronic natterings any day. You telling him to stay off the forums because he's an American shows just how badly you're flailing around. It's funny to watch.

I don't need someone not even from Canada spewing feces onto a thread to which they have no insight.

You are out of touch.

He, and about 98% of the rest of this board, have more insight than you do. I'd call you out of touch, but that would be kind of generous. I'm not sure what you'd call someone whose understanding of the legal system obviously starts and ends at being able to spell legal system. You're breaking totally new ground. Out to lunch might be a start. blink.png

Edited by Moonbox

She looks remarkably well for someone that has allegedly had nothing to eat for three weeks

I was thinking the same thing.

I see this movement being pushed by corrupt chiefs who are more interested in staying on the gravy train while too many Aboriginals are the one's who pay the price.

Perhaps a few more band councillors and chiefs should go on hunger strikes and spend a few weeks in a tent...the perspective they gain may move things in a positive direction for their communities.

Now there is a blockade of the Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto passenger service corridor.Law enforcement should do their jobs and immediately remove these Mohawk(warriors!?) and toss them in jail.What is more likely to happen is that they will be allowed to keep up the blockade thanks to the politicians being scared out of their wits by these thugs.Remember,Caledonia is still ongoing,the rule and enforcement of law was totally abandoned as it applies to the Aboriginals.

"Don't you understand that for the first time, we're seen as we should be seen? You don't have a black role. You have an equal role."

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. to Nichelle Nichols on why she could not leave Star Trek. Such powerful words that not enough people understand, even today.

Chew on that for a bit.

Now there is a blockade of the Montreal-Ottawa-Toronto passenger service corridor.Law enforcement should do their jobs and immediately remove these Mohawk(warriors!?) and toss them in jail.What is more likely to happen is that they will be allowed to keep up the blockade thanks to the politicians being scared out of their wits by these thugs.Remember,Caledonia is still ongoing,the rule and enforcement of law was totally abandoned as it applies to the Aboriginals.

There wouldn't have been a blockade in Caledonia if local businessmen, like the guy who went ahead with the Douglas Creek development, hadn't ignored warnings by Six Nations reps that the land he was proposing to develop was part of a long-standing (since 1841) land dispute with the Federal Government.

I can sympathize with some of the locals, especially since there have been many who have moved in to that area in recent years (Caledonia has become a bedroom community with that 403 Extension), and had no idea about disputes surrounding sales and promises made involving the original Grand River Settlement, and weren't informed about them by developers and real estate brokers.

Also, it needs to be noted that the disputes are many and varied, and some were made before there was a nation of Canada, and just ignored by successive Canadian governments, rather than being dealt with in earlier years. Anyone who studies British North American history even a little, is aware that what is now Canada, was settled largely through making agreements with Aboriginal bands across Canada, since in those earlier times, there weren't enough British or other European settlers to try to force their way west and force the Metis and Indians off their land....like the Americans did with the Indian Wars! We promised most of them that we would not encroach on their lands or try to take over their territories.....many promises that were made and ignored after Canada became a nation and we could overwhelm them with numbers and force of arms.

Edited by WIP

There wouldn't have been a blockade in Caledonia if local businessmen, like the guy who went ahead with the Douglas Creek development, hadn't ignored warnings by Six Nations reps that the land he was proposing to develop was part of a long-standing (since 1841) land dispute with the Federal Government.

Also, it needs to be noted that the disputes are many and varied, and some were made before there was a nation of Canada, and just ignored by successive Canadian governments, rather than being dealt with in earlier years.

By your logic, very few areas of North America could be developed since almost every area is subject to "disputes" by your definition.