F-35 Purchase Cancelled; CF-18 replacement process begins

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

interesting... could you quote/cite that NATO obligation? Dirty work? Why would you want Canada to engage in... dirty work? Oh my!

Why not move to Belize? I hear they pay no taxes and have no commitments to other nations other than their tax-haven status. You'll be a much happier camper and they LOVE ex-pat Canadians.

30 years? Really? You presume on "modern design"... yet, apparently, discount technological advances that most certainly will push manned flight aside... to the curb. You really think any "buzzword generation" plane will be around in... 30 years? 20 years? 15 years? 10 years? Pick a number!

as an aside you've yet to speak to my challenge question - 'why does Canada need a so-called strike fighter'?

Yes 30 years. The CF-18's entered service in 1983. By my count that is 30 years, this year. Or is it 31, never do get that one straight. Assuming we can get the CF-35's into service by 2020, it will be 37 years.

Because we can't foresee what its missions will be over the next 35 years and will have only one fighter type it will need the ability to as many different jobs as possible, including strike.

Nothing to say on those helo's yet?

I'd say the number should be close to 42 years , is that not the number that was forced onto the end price of each Aircraft...lockmart price plus 42 years of operational costs. if not can someone sort me out.

And yes Waldo UNmanned flight will be perfected by then or atleast should be, but that is an uneducated guess, as is yours. But then again this is Canada's purchasing program we are talking about, and i'll bet a years wages we will still be flying those F-35's well after unmanned flight is perfected.

WALDO Can you make a logical debate on why why do we "not" need a strike fighter.

Either or. If you dislike your country that much, why not, eh?

don't you have a Simpson's quote stream you can rely on here? You're going to need a ton of quotes if you're prepared to disparage any/all Canadians that seek extended... or partial yearly time in foreign countries. Why, we have someone on this board who has provided an almost regular incessant barrage of extended long-term vacation status updates to a foreign destination... have you spoken of her dislike of country?

don't you have a Simpson's quote stream you can rely on here? You're going to need a ton of quotes if you're prepared to disparage any/all Canadians that seek extended... or partial yearly time in foreign countries. Why, we have someone on this board who has provided an almost regular incessant barrage of extended long-term vacation status updates to a foreign destination... have you spoken of her dislike of country?

Insults are typical and expected from you...just so you know.

If the Cold War is so 'over', why do the Americans still practice MITO?

ya ya, the Cold War lives on... in your fond memories! Any comment on the "specs" for the latest U.S. bomber aspirations including an unmanned flight option/capability?

I think putin is doing a great job at firing the cold war back up.

Just wondering. If you are so outraged about the F-35, why not a peep about the helicopter gong show that has been going on for twenty years now?

is there an active helo thread... point me to an active thread and, if motivated, I may offer the sage waldo opinion you so desire.

you've asked the same question twice... your distractions are noted. I relish and await your own insightful answer, particularly as you presume to apply it to this thread and JSFail.

Your claim is that the Cold War is long over and this is all for nothing. So...why does the USAF still practice MITO? If the question is too hard, let me know and I'll dumb it down for you.

Edited by DogOnPorch

Your claim is that the Cold War is long over and this is all for nothing. So...why does the USAF still practice MITO? If the question is too hard, let me know and I'll dumb it down for you.

yes, I have mocked your Cold War boogeyman, the one you regularly trot out... the one hiding under your bed and in your closets!!! Has your longing for the Cold War allowed it to reach reality level. Is it that strong? You do know that RonnyRayGun won the Cold War, don't you? Like I said, your perpetual distractions are noted, once again. Although you were already answered, you can keep asking. I'll have the same ready-reach response for you... this one: "I relish and await your own insightful answer, particularly as you presume to apply it to this thread and JSFail

yes, I have mocked your Cold War boogeyman, the one you regularly trot out... the one hiding under your bed and in your closets!!! Has your longing for the Cold War allowed it to reach reality level. Is it that strong? You do know that RonnyRayGun won the Cold War, don't you? Like I said, your perpetual distractions are noted, once again. Although you were already answered, you can keep asking. I'll have the same ready-reach response for you... this one: "I relish and await your own insightful answer, particularly as you presume to apply it to this thread and JSFail

Seeing that you're not going to bother with reality, MITO stands for Minimum Interval Take-off. This is a procedure to get one's strategic assets into the sky before the MIRVs start dropping. While you and the media might like to PRETEND that what has been coined 'The Cold War' is over, the fact remains that the military thinks otherwise...and practices otherwise. The video was from May 2013. That's this year...waldo. Not some distant point in Ronald Reagan's Presidency.

So in conclusion: The US still practices MITO due to the threat of nuclear annihilation at minimal notice. However, you're on record seeing nuclear armed Tu-95s and Tu-160s in Canadian airspace as a non-threat. Hmmmm...