Syria prepares to unleash sarin gas on its people

cybercoma

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WMD lies!!

Sure we can ignore a the fact of Syrian rebels operating out of Turkey doing cross border raids.

But now we know that the stuff Saddam has was 100% ineffective because of the 60 days shelf life of the sarin gas. Assad has already said he would not use them on his own people.

These are nothing but lies to support an invasion of Syria considering the backing of the rebels over the last year has not produced the results NATO was looking for.

People seem to have a convenient short term memory.

Invasion of Syria would force Russia and possibly China to get involved. Sure we want to go down that route?

No, this is just more twisted rationalization to keep a false premise afloat. Long before Bush, nations did nothing to intervene in Rwanda, and your favorite, East Timor....and many others.

You're the one rationalizing, as your own example here illustrates nicely. You summon the cherished myth that we "looked away from the atrocities" in East Timor--some august intellectuals have even gone so far as to wonder aloud if "looking away" was the wrong thing to do--except that this is self-indulgent nonsense.

Several nations, your own by far at the forefront, materially aided the mass murders, intentionally and knowingly supporting the invasion and the State terror which ensued...and which eclipses anything even dreamt of by such terrorist amateurs as Hamas or Hezbollah.

"Did nothing to intervene"? :)

Quite the opposite.

Interestingly, you already knew this, but seem to have conveniently forgotten. A skill, I suppose, though not clearly an enviable one.

Sure we can ignore a the fact of Syrian rebels operating out of Turkey doing cross border raids.

But now we know that the stuff Saddam has was 100% ineffective because of the 60 days shelf life of the sarin gas. Assad has already said he would not use them on his own people.

These are nothing but lies to support an invasion of Syria considering the backing of the rebels over the last year has not produced the results NATO was looking for.

People seem to have a convenient short term memory.

Invasion of Syria would force Russia and possibly China to get involved. Sure we want to go down that route?

As BC noted...I've been warning of this for years.

But yeah....LIES!!!! WMD lies!!!! Ah...feels good to be an uniformed knee-jerk poster. Can I start saying bad sh*t about the 'neocons' now?

laugh.png

You're the one rationalizing, as your own example here illustrates nicely. You summon the cherished myth that we "looked away from the atrocities" in East Timor--some august intellectuals have even gone so far as to wonder aloud if "looking away" was the wrong thing to do--except that this is self-indulgent nonsense.

Several nations, your own by far at the forefront, materially aided the mass murders, intentionally and knowingly supporting the invasion and the State terror which ensued...and which eclipses anything even dreamt of by such terrorist amateurs as Hamas or Hezbollah.

"Did nothing to intervene"? smile.png

Quite the opposite.

Interestingly, you already knew this, but seem to have conveniently forgotten. A skill, I suppose, though not clearly an enviable one.

I have a few Vietnamese neighbours...South Vietnamese.

Crocs tears for Syrians is a fools game....but have at it.

Yep...so what did the rest of the good and moral nations do about it ? Why, they sought more U.S. contracts!

Poor Syrians...they are not in a good way if this be their best humanitarian defense. Better come up with a better reason than some half-assed "Just War" concept from St. Augustine.

It's nice that people are trying to put some blame on me for what the US/NATO want to do.

But more war right? Let the bombs fly right? We need more war, right?

But we have our typical trolls stirring up debate without looking at recent history. I mean we have someone trot out Mufti as historical reference, but when we talk about the known lies leading up to the Iraq invasion it's thrown out.

But we will have more degenerative talk from the usual suspects because, well that is what trolls do.

I fail to see the moral difference between killing a village with nerve gas or killing it with machetes as is happening in the Sudan.

The use of biological and chemical weapons must be fiercely opposed at all times.

But what's your point? You introduce a different off-topic case to this conversation for what reason? Do you think I'm not opposed to people being butchered in Sudan?

The use of biological and chemical weapons must be fiercely opposed at all times.

But what's your point? You introduce a different off-topic case to this conversation for what reason? Do you think I'm not opposed to people being butchered in Sudan?

Were you for North Viet-Nam taking, occupying and ethnically cleansing, South Viet-Nam? Me neither.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Security_Council_Resolution_413

Crocs tears for Syrians is a fools game....but have at it.

I think you should go back and try to see what I've written on that subject. As it is, you're arguing with phantoms of your imagination.

Yep...so what did the rest of the good and moral nations do about it ? Why, they sought more U.S. contracts!

Ah...an implied concession that your self-indulgent remarks about East Timor were way off base. Now was that so hard? smile.png

Edited by bleeding heart

Ah...an implied concession that your self-indulgent remarks about East Timor were way off base. Now was that so hard? smile.png

Not at all...the "world" did not act in defense of East Timor. Constructing a flimsy moral argument years after the fact does little to change reality...then or now. Syria is just another chapter in the same book. Hell, NATO is much more interested in safeguarding chem stockpiles than saving Syrians from Assad.

So if Chemical weapons are used, is that a justification for the West(NATO) to intervene? Or will the same people opposed to the Libya invasion cry foul.

How will Russia and China respond? This could be interesting, however tragic if it actually happens.

Edited by Boges