What Are You Listening To?

Mighty AC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=yDV0uN8e7GA

Bought this a while ago when it came out and have been watching it every weekend since. These guys are still great, Jason is a worthy successor to his father. It amazes me that they are still so good. To be honest I thought it would be a case of former stars trying to recapture part of their former glory, I was pleasantly surprised to hear that was not the case at all. These guys still rock hard and exceed lesser musical mortals.

Edited by AngusThermopyle

Bought this a while ago when it came out and have been watching it every weekend since. These guys are still great, Jason is a worthy successor to his father. It amazes me that they are still so good. To be honest I thought it would be a case of former stars trying to recapture part of their former glory, I was pleasantly surprised to hear that was not the case at all. These guys still rock hard and exceed lesser musical mortals.

It's pretty cool they got back together again for that time. But honestly for me they just don't have that same magic as back in the days. Page is still awesome but there's just something different about Robert Plant and the whole vibe of the live show. Plant doesn't have that same presence he used to have, the sexy swagger he's lost with age. He's not bad by any means but it's just not the same IMO. One of the best bands ever.

BTW i'm eagerly awaiting the new Black Sabbath reunion album and tour. I'd hope to see them live just once. But they are without the original drummer due to contract disagreements. Ozzy is so old, not sure what they'll be like live now but if they can play like Zeppelin did for Celebration Day I'd be happy.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

AUX TV - does anyone else watch this Canadian music channel? It's on channel 107 on Rogers Digital Cable where I live. The link I posted will tell you where to find it on whatever cable provider you have. AUX TV is one of the best thing to happen to Canadian music in many years, since it shows a lot of independent, alternative, and other acts (both live performances and music videos) from many music genres that are never played on the pop-music sellout crapfests that has become MuchMusic and MTV.

Just watched these 2 cool songs/bands on AUX TV:

These guys are like Led Zeppelin 2013 (lead singer may have a Robert Plant complex LOL):

A mix between Sheepdogs/Black Keys classic hard-rock with a bit of doom/sludge metal mixed in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuRKRFjm-HA&list=PLED0BFD07E59A02FF&index=131

Edited by Moonlight Graham

Just watched these 2 cool songs/bands on AUX TV:

These guys are like Led Zeppelin 2013 (lead singer may have a Robert Plant complex LOL):

Wow, that was intense! That's pretty cool. (Except for the singer's attempt at dance.)

A mix between Sheepdogs/Black Keys classic hard-rock with a bit of doom/sludge metal mixed in:

It reminded me of Kyuss.

I have been listening to the Sheepdogs and the Black Keys a lot lately.

-k

I recently stumbled onto some more recent Motorhead songs that I had never heard before. I really liked these:

One More ****ing Time

God Was Never On Your Side

I love Lemmy's voice. :)

-k

God, new music sucks these days! I'm just going to return to 1975 .

That's actually kind of funny. I got a dvd of a Springsteen concert in London from a couple of years back. Absolutely great, high-energy concert! I heartily recommend it! Anyway, was talking to a friend at work, and he loaned me some of his Springsteen videos. The New York one was pretty good. The one in Barcelona would have been great aside from the worst sound of any professional video I've ever heard. Was watching the one in Hammersmith England today, from 1975. Bizarre, in a way, to see some of the guys in leisure suits and panama hats. LOL. But also interesting in that the Roy's piano played a much more important role in the music back then than it does nowadays. It was like the music was built around the piano, while now it's built around the guitar. Why they kept the stage so dark, though, is beyond me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5-T3a7sDNk

It reminded me of Kyuss.

Yes exactly.

I have been listening to the Sheepdogs and the Black Keys a lot lately.

-k

Ya I've been getting into them more lately. Here's another classic rock-type band people say have sort of Zeppelin sound. I really like the guitarist when he does lead work like on the brief solo.

Was watching the one in Hammersmith England today, from 1975. Bizarre, in a way, to see some of the guys in leisure suits and panama hats. LOL. But also interesting in that the Roy's piano played a much more important role in the music back then than it does nowadays. It was like the music was built around the piano, while now it's built around the guitar. Why they kept the stage so dark, though, is beyond me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5-T3a7sDNk

Wow thanks for the link. I love old-school Springsteen. I've listened to a few of his albums (and concerts) from the last 10-15 years or so and they just don't compare to the 70's and 80's. I agree, a lot of the earlier stuff has more piano in it, I liked.

Dog, well we will never hear the Beasties again, since Adam Yauch died of cancer. Who knows maybe they will find another person to fill that gap... but ... Paul's Boutique was one of the most important hip hop albums to come out period. The beats from the Dust Brothers mixed with the Beasties rap made it one freakin amazing album.. Still listenable after all these years... Damn the thing is like 25 years old now.

Shake that rump-aahhh