Guest American Woman

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest American Woman

Should last for another week...lol.

Or 24 hours ....

Israeli troops shot dead a Palestinian man and wounded 19 people as crowds surged toward Gaza's border fence with
Israel
on Friday, a health official said, the first violence since a truce between Israel and Gaza's
Hamas
rulers took hold a day before.

http://news.yahoo.co...-122616844.html

Or 24 hours ....

Israeli troops shot dead a Palestinian man and wounded 19 people as crowds surged toward Gaza's border fence with
Israel
on Friday, a health official said, the first violence since a truce between Israel and Gaza's
Hamas
rulers took hold a day before.

http://news.yahoo.co...-122616844.html

Ultimately, since Israel did not accomplish anything to change the reality on the ground in Gaza while calling up 75,000 reserves, we're looking at a Hamas marginal victory. I suppose they did have to walk a fine line between getting things done and keeping the Israeli population happy...all of them. Including the pro-hamas Israelis...of all things. The star of this show, however, was Iron Dome that out performed even the designer's expectations. The real winner is Morsi who was able to use this opportunity to show his true colours and give himself far-reaching powers over the Egyptian people. A new dictator is born.

Edited by DogOnPorch

Ultimately, since Israel did not accomplish anything to change the reality on the ground in Gaza while calling up 75,000 reserves, we're looking at a Hamas marginal victory. I suppose they did have to walk a fine line between getting things done and keeping the Israeli population happy...all of them. Including the pro-hamas Israelis...of all things. The star of this show, however, was Iron Dome that out performed even the designer's expectations. The real winner is Morsi who was able to use this opportunity to show his true colours and give himself far-reaching powers over the Egyptian people. A new dictator is born.

I think all sides win here. The Israeli PM got to kill some Arabs before the election, Hamas emerged emboldened, and Morsi made himself look relevant.

The only real loser is Abbass whos moderate leadership, and success on restraining militants in the west bank, has gone completely ignored by Israel, as settlement building and theft of resources continues. This sends a clear message to Palestinians that a cessation in violence will not achieve any results at all, which will make it harder for moderates to get elected in the future.

I think all sides win here. The Israeli PM got to kill some Arabs before the election, Hamas emerged emboldened, and Morsi made himself look relevant.

The only real loser is Abbass whos moderate leadership, and success on restraining militants in the west bank, has gone completely ignored by Israel, as settlement building and theft of resources continues. This sends a clear message to Palestinians that a cessation in violence will not achieve any results at all, which will make it harder for moderates to get elected in the future.

Very good points.

gary-clement9.jpg?w=940

The jury is still out on Bibi. He got the Israeli public riled up and now, people with thirst and hunger for blood and destruction are wondering why Bibi didn't take it further.

bibi-loser.jpg

‘Bibi loser’ protest by IDF soldiers, now making its rounds through Israeli social media networks

It's official. Now all we can do is sit back and see what it brings.

http://news.yahoo.co...-181335147.html

Egypt is to play a key role in maintaining peace.

According to a copy of the agreement obtained by The Associated Press, Israel and all Palestinian militant groups agreed to halt "all hostilities." For the Palestinians, that means an end to Israeli airstrikes and assassinations of wanted militants. For Israel, it brings a halt to rocket fire and attempts at cross-border incursions from Gaza.

After a 24-hour cooling off period, it calls for "opening the crossings and facilitating the movement of people and transfer of goods, and refraining from restricting residents free movement."

Unless Israel has divine protection it is finished. I think even Netanyahu has given up on this beautiful experiment.

Israel is surrounded by hordes that one way or another want Israel dead. The U.S. doesn't, but it has other fish to fry. It is happy to place Israel on the the ten yard line in order to placate countries that don't like the U.S. very much. We learned in 1938 what appeasement begets.

Unless divine intervention saves Israel, I hope that the U.S., this time, accepts almost all fleeing Israelis. Given both WW II era and recent immigration policies, however, I see the U.S. as seeking more constituents for parties having a liberal voting record than people who are productive.

Israel's contributions to the world, whether in the form of hi-tech or involvement in rescues after tragedies matter little. The world has stopped valuing productivity and competence. My thoughts on what this means for the West are here (link).

Edited by jbg

Unless Israel has divine protection it is finished. I think even Netanyahu has given up on this beautiful experiment.

Israel is surrounded by hordes that one way or another want Israel dead. The U.S. doesn't, but it has other fish to fry. It is happy to place Israel on the the ten yard line in order to placate countries that don't like the U.S. very much. We learned in 1938 what appeasement begets.

OR ...

A small group of Palestinians,Israelis and Jewish settlers,Eretz Yoshveyha –"land of its inhabitants" –set out "principles for a single spatial polity" last year, among them safeguarding the collective rights of the two nations. One settler tells me of a consensus emerging within nascent, one-state settler groups that,while national identity may be important,exclusive Jewish sovereignty is not.

The death of the Israel-Palestine two-state solution brings fresh hope

The way forward will come from the people, and it won't be a 'winner-loser' dichotomy.

Those who see the situation as one-versus-other ...

... are those who schill for the profits of the military-industrial corps.

... are those who see the world in black and white.

... are those who see only politics and the power to control people.

... are those who underestimate the will of the peoples to live in peace.

The ways forward will come from the mothers of the children currently sacrificed for the profits of the military-industrial complex that thrives and profits by creating and sustaining conflict between people.

Life is complex, not black and white, right and wrong, us and them, win and lose. Those are oversimplifications perpetrated AGAINST peoples by the war industries through their paid off politician puppets.

There will be peace when the peoples of Palestine and Israel tell their leaders what to do, how it's going to be, how they will live in peace.

Edited by jacee

You should listen to Pat.

Many don't want to hear the truth. It destroys their romantic and inaccurate view of Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood as freedom fighters. In fact those groups are brutal thugs.

Many don't want to hear the truth. It destroys their romantic and inaccurate view of Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood as freedom fighters. In fact those groups are brutal thugs.

I could post videos of Hamas killing their own...but they would be considered much too violent for MLW.