Will the Federal NDP be caught in the QC mafia labor scandal?

It's concerning with the QC NDP being the biggest supporters of labor unions, and QC labor unions being implicated. Where will this go? Today it was the liberals in a funded-raising scandal (surprised?). Will tomorrow implicate the NDP? Where has the boisterous Justin gone? How much of this money was funneled to his riding? As a qc liberal seat holder... Should he not speak up? Where has Thomas Mulcair disappeared too? Should he not speak up as the advocate of unions he so forcefully had jack Layton back in the last election? Why is there no transparency in this? Why is there all of a sudden NO accountability?

The lack of accountability and transparency is shamefully on BOTH parties. Who build dangerous bridges? Who profited?

I'm interested in what the leaders have to say. Both present NDP and liberal hopefully. Why are they so silent?

Do we need to pay them to talk?

Please, I'm interested in you thoughts on this...

This is now turning into a possible challenge on safety, security and life... I hope the feds step in....

Edited by Fletch 27

What are you talking about?

A link would help ...

If Harper Doesn't Care about his own Ministers involvement with Mafia, Hells Angels and Gangsters... why is Fletch worried..

Bernier had been under fire last month after Couillard’s past relationships with gangsters were revealed in national newspapers. At the time, Prime Minister Stephen Harper said that the private lives of government members were to be left in private.

http://www.ipsnews.net/2008/05/politics-canada-few-mourn-fallen-foreign-minister/

If Harper Doesn't Care about his own Ministers involvement with Mafia, Hells Angels and Gangsters... why is Fletch worried..

Bernier had been under fire last month after Couillard’s past relationships with gangsters were revealed in national newspapers. At the time, Prime Minister Stephen Harper said that the private lives of government members were to be left in private.

http://www.ipsnews.n...reign-minister/

Max, you can do better!

"Don't blame me, Mom! Look at what my brother did!"

I think this is a non-topic, just fletch making up stuff to slander unions.

The corruption of unions in Quebec goes back generations and is common knowledge to anyone who has paid any sort of attention at all to the mainstream media. Not so much the unions themselves but rathe with Mafia style criminal control. Probably relatively few union leaders were crooked. Most likely were coerced by criminals with no aversion at all to using violence.

So the result is the same but it is not necessarily the blame of the union movement, per se. Regardless of who you blame, the fact remains that in Quebec most larger unions are thoroughly corrupt. In eastern Canada, organized crime is like the Bermuda Triangle, from Montreal to Hamilton to Buffalo, NY. This has been reported time and time again by police and journalistic investigations and reports.

You might source any of the books by James Dupro, an investigative journalist who has covered organized crime in Canada since the early 80's, at least.

I think this is a non-topic, just fletch making up stuff to slander unions.

There's way to much dirt on corporate corruption and regulatory body manipulation. This must be a wet dream for him.

"FINALLY... A UNION ISSUE!" *ARGLEBARGASM*

Ooops! Sorry, Here is one of the Links..

http://www.huffingto...canada-politics

or

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...normandeau.html

http://www.theglobea...article4601754/

Shocking

And to Jaycee's comment... Please note the title of this artice:

'Donnie Brasco' says Mob controls construction via unions

Linky http://www.cbc.ca/ne...ry-testify.html

AND, Now colour me crazy or a "conspirist" here but, I recall the following

In an interview on CBC News Network's Power & Politics on Monday, Poilievre accused the NDP of "covering-up" a scheme with labour union brass.

Poilievre told host Evan Solomon: "This was eight unions and seven other organizations who at three separate conventions, over five years, gave almost $350,000 of illegal donations to the NDP."

Why will the NDP NOT(!!) release the names of the 8 unions??????? You dont need to be a Conservative to see something is Fishy!! Again, lack of transparency but i believe that the current investigation will expose Mulcair and the NDP ties.

As well as how much money was funneled to the Liberals in QC, and Justin....

Edited by Fletch 27

AND, Now colour me crazy or a "conspirist" here but, I recall the following

In an interview on CBC News Network's Power & Politics on Monday, Poilievre accused the NDP of "covering-up" a scheme with labour union brass.

Poilievre told host Evan Solomon: "This was eight unions and seven other organizations who at three separate conventions, over five years, gave almost $350,000 of illegal donations to the NDP."

Why will the NDP NOT(!!) release the names of the 8 unions??????? You dont need to be a Conservative to see something is Fishy!! Again, lack of transparency but i believe that the current investigation will expose Mulcair and the NDP ties.

As well as how much money was funneled to the Liberals in QC, and Justin....

I am going to colour you a crazy person. The NDP ASKED for a legal opinion from Elections Canada on all of that 350,000 dollars in donations. Elections Canada said it was fine. Then last year the Conservatives challenged that opinion and Elections Canada was wrong. The NDP then paid back every cent.

Stop it right now. You are a liar who is trying to paint the NDP with a brush for DOING THE RIGHT THING. I get why you are a conservative though you would have preferred the NDP fight it in court cost the tax payer Millions of dollars to end up doing the same thing. You know like the Conservatives did.

As for the NDP and Quebec they didn't even have an organization in Quebec when these Mafia dollars were being tossed around. You are clearly an uninformed person who knows nothing. No wonder you support who you support.

It's concerning with the QC NDP being the biggest supporters of labor unions, and QC labor unions being implicated. Where will this go? Today it was the liberals in a funded-raising scandal (surprised?). Will tomorrow implicate the NDP? Where has the boisterous Justin gone? How much of this money was funneled to his riding? As a qc liberal seat holder... Should he not speak up? Where has Thomas Mulcair disappeared too? Should he not speak up as the advocate of unions he so forcefully had jack Layton back in the last election? Why is there no transparency in this? Why is there all of a sudden NO accountability?

There are no Quebec NDP.

Don't confuse the poor guy.

:lol:

There is no partisan issue here at all, except in Fletch's mind.

Government bureaucrats, unions, private contractors of all political persuasions ... all in the pockets of organized crime.

Organized crime IS the problem, and they don't care about political persuasion ... only about whether you can be bought, bribed, threatened, intimidated, 'removed', replaced, infiltrated, etc.

And btw ... the police are infiltrated too ... and the courts ...

laugh.png

There is no partisan issue here at all, except in Fletch's mind.

Government bureaucrats, unions, private contractors of all political persuasions ... all in the pockets of organized crime.

Organized crime IS the problem, and they don't care about political persuasion ... only about whether you can be bought, bribed, threatened, intimidated, 'removed', replaced, infiltrated, etc.

And btw ... the police are infiltrated too ... and the courts ...

i agree completely.

And yet: the UNIONS!

:)

Please read... The NDP IN Quebec..... You know, the rally that was piad for by the unions where the federal NDP had to pay back 320,000 to the in-named unions? You left just can not see the facts for the bribes now can you?

Maybe it's just hard to put sentences and paragraphs together for some....

Please read... The NDP IN Quebec..... You know, the rally that was piad for by the unions where the federal NDP had to pay back 320,000 to the in-named unions? You left just can not see the facts for the bribes now can you?

There is no evidence that the corruption in Quebec has anything to do with the NDP donation. Which by the way, may I point out, has paid back without sending Election Canada through the whole court process. Let's contrasts that with the countless of illegal donations that the Conservatives have done, refusing to pay back and been taking Election Canada to court each time.

It seems that while the NDP are willing to work with Election Canada, the Cons does not.

Also, you do realize that the corruption in Quebec has reached the conservative Prime Minister Office?

Edited by Sleipnir

Quebec's corruption inquiry zeroes in on man linked to Harper PMO

Quebec's inquiry heard Tuesday that the man the Harper government once promoted as its preferred candidate to run the Port of Montreal played a role in the corruption schemes that were rampant in the local construction industry.

Robert Abdallah was accused of participating in a kickback system at the City of Montreal during testimony before the inquiry, which is examining the construction industry and its links to organized crime and politics.

The testimony reverberated on the floor of the House of Commons. The federal government was forced to fend off opposition queries about its relationship with Abdallah and it stressed that, in the end, he didn't get the port job.

Harper's office downplayed Abdallah's federal ties.

"We have no comment ...

Edited by jacee

I don't think the Quebec NDP MP's will be involved. They're too young and naive. wacko.png

If harper did not prorogue the goverment and let the coalition take over that would have gave the separtists a great boost and the orange wave never would have happened. The dippers should be thanking him.