You may hate Rob Ford . . .

Boges

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a true statement.... but do you now why???

I assume it has something to do with the fact that Toronto is on the wrong side of Lake Ontario to get alot of snow. If the winds blow from the due east or southeast the water is warm enough for much of the winter to mix the precipitation or change it to rain. Northwesterly, northerly or westerly winds, on the other hand, blow dry until they pass over the waters of the lake, and then dump their moisture on the New York side as "lake effect" snow.

Am I right?

• 1 month later...

At least the boston bombing gave ford a break, but I see the star's editorial is back at it today.

They are relentless. Having the misfortune of reading Starr editorials and other slanderous material written in that (alleged) newspaper, it is obvious they have no ethics, morality or interest in fair-play. The Starr is a left-wing rag, a third rate rag devoted to the fine arts of yellow journalism.

They are relentless. Having the misfortune of reading Starr editorials and other slanderous material written in that (alleged) newspaper, it is obvious they have no ethics, morality or interest in fair-play. The Starr is a left-wing rag, a third rate rag devoted to the fine arts of yellow journalism.

Yeah... their personal vendetta against Ford takes away any credibility they had... There`s journalism, then there`s the Star `journalism`...

I like that video. Truth.

truth? Then why would, repeatedly, "Harper's PMO and Conservative Party operatives" hire lawyers to sue/suppress the video. If you note the user associated with the video channel, I expect you will give credence to the claim of sue/suppress... the user being a fellow quite well versed in the law and suing pursuits.

Prove that they did. It's not as if Warren Kinsella's word is worth anything.

apparently, you accept everything about the video... except the references to "Harper's PMO and Conservative Party operatives hiring lawyers to sue/suppress the video"... except that part! :lol: Now, to me, it's not definitive that Mr. Kinsella authored the actual video; however, given Mr. Kinsella's positive winning results/reputation before the courts, do you really believe that he would host the video and author the phrase, per the channel publishing comments, "The video Conservatives tried to suppress"?

besides, why are so down on Kinsella... don't you know he's a SUN columnist now?

apparently, you accept everything about the video... except the references to "Harper's PMO and Conservative Party operatives hiring lawyers to sue/suppress the video"... except that part! :lol: Now, to me, it's not definitive that Mr. Kinsella authored the actual video; however, given Mr. Kinsella's positive winning results/reputation before the courts, do you really believe that he would host the video and author the phrase, per the channel publishing comments, "The video Conservatives tried to suppress"?

besides, why are so down on Kinsella... don't you know he's a SUN columnist now?

Kinsella provides comic relief.

I accept the words of the Prime Minister on the video. I like what he had to say, and I'd venture most conservatives would too. I reject the doctoring of the video by Mr. Kinsella to add words that were never spoken.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the idea that Liberal Kinsella is given a free reign at The Sun to write his articles. While The Sun is definitely a right-leaning paper, they themselves take a few shots at Ford and Harper when it's deserved. You will not see ANY balance in The Star's "journalism".

I like the idea that Liberal Kinsella is given a free reign at The Sun to write his articles. While The Sun is definitely a right-leaning paper, they themselves take a few shots at Ford and Harper when it's deserved. You will not see ANY balance in The Star's "journalism".

Really? Take your blinders off... today's opinion piece is a condemnation of the Ont. Liberals and the deleting of emails.

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/editorials/2013/06/06/deleted_emails_are_a_blow_to_democracy_at_queens_park_editorial.html

You sound like a whining partisan hack when I can go to today's edition and find an article that calls Liberal Party actions a "blow to democracy".

Star broke the ORNGE story. Did a lot of work on the power plant cancellation and cover up. Etc. etc.

Star broke the ORNGE story. Did a lot of work on the power plant cancellation and cover up. Etc. etc.

They have no choice but to report on them. These are REAL scandals involving billions of taxpayers dollars. But just look at how they did their darndest to keep it away from McGuinty. Even now, they are only NOW starting to bring McGunity's name into the Gas scandal - because they have no choice - everybody else has been ahead of them. I'm still waiting for the story to break on Alf Apps - the former President of the Federal Liberal Party - he did the legal framework behind all the Ornge "not for profit" companies.....and he routinely bypassed the Ornge inter-governmental representative to speak directly to the Premier's office. THAT'S where the real scandal lies.

• 1 month later...

Who could hate Rob Ford? He's just a fat buffoon who may, according to what we see on the news, may like to smoke a little crack, get drunk and billigerant at parties, and make cute little statements telling us "there are more libraries in Toronto than Tim Horton's outlets" Dismiss him, feel sorry for him, but don't hate him. If you really want a laugh, tune into his weekly radio show with the really dumb brother.

Edited by On Guard for Thee