Syrian Civil War

18 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

The article describes that limited military intervention doesnt require congressional approval. I cant read it now but I recall it mentioning a time limit of 60 days.

War has not been declared by America.

Agreed....U.S. presidents are not required to get approval from Congress to protect American or allied interests with military strikes.    Military resources are funded by Congress and deployed around the world to protect interests and respond rapidly when required.  President Trump has fully complied with War Powers notification requirements to Congress.

The United States has not declared war on another nation since 1942 (Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania).

For Canada, PM Chretien attacked Serbia in 1999 (and Afghanistan in 2001) without any approval or vote in Parliament.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Agreed....U.S. presidents are not required to get approval from Congress to protect American or allied interests with military strikes.    Military resources are funded by Congress and deployed around the world to protect interests and respond rapidly when required.  President Trump has fully complied with War Powers notification requirements to Congress.

The United States has not declared war on another nation since 1942 (Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania).

For Canada, PM Chretien attacked Serbia in 1999 (and Afghanistan in 2001) without any approval or vote in Parliament.

Actually yes they have to get congressional approval to war against another nation. It's how it is termed , a non war conflict that skirts even the USA's own legalities.  Clean your shit up at home before bombing other nations.

1 hour ago, GostHacked said:

Clean your shit up at home before bombing other nations.

Brilliant.  Easy for you to say. Spoken like a true sheltered rich elite patoot. Let them eat cake. Tell me did it ever dawn on you your shit isn't limited to your toilet-you shit everywhere. Not that you noticed but someone has to clean up your shit. You think your lifestyle-the lifestyle you take for granted is isolated and doesn't come with  a cost to achieve it? Who you smell your own shit? You?

Edited by Rue

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 5:17 AM, marcus said:

One more time: two former European colonial powers France and UK join the US imperial warmongering to attack an Arab country — for the full advantage of their collective settler colony in the region Israel —

Their Zionist implant in the region

Do you ever get tired of writing like some cliche'd Chicom propaganda minster from the 1950s?

I don't believe for a second that Russians were behind the Salisbury poisoning-attack. False flag all along. They wouldn't be so stupid to pull off something like that in an important country like Britain. Russians would not hesitate to carry out an act like that in an unimportant country like Finland where our politicians total wimps without any balls.

If politicians of today's calibre of Finnish politicians had been in charge in Finland in 1939-1944 I would be writing in Cyrillic if I ever existed in the first place.

16 minutes ago, -TSS- said:

I don't believe for a second that Russians were behind the Salisbury poisoning-attack. False flag all along. They wouldn't be so stupid to pull off something like that in an important country like Britain. Russians would not hesitate to carry out an act like that in an unimportant country like Finland where our politicians total wimps without any balls.

If politicians of today's calibre of Finnish politicians had been in charge in Finland in 1939-1944 I would be writing in Cyrillic if I ever existed in the first place.

I think the Russians probably were behind it, although the fact they are getting better does lend credence to your theory.

Maybe someone took it upon themselves, and now they're on the train to the Gulag.

Mission Accomplished my foot! What mission exactly was accomplished in Syria after Trump and his two European and one Israeli sidekicks bombed Syrian targets?

The mass murderer Bashar Assad is more consolidated in power than before, his main supporter Russia rides the high moral ground at the UN, his other accomplice Iran is more entrenched in both Syria and Iran, if Assad indeed used chemical weapons against civilians (I have no doubt the bastard is perfectly capable of any heinous crime but I don’t believe a word the US, UK, or France might say for they are pathological liars) he can use them again—

So the bombing accomplished exactly the opposite effect of “Mission Accomplished” gibberish— except of course one thing: Trump gave Obama yet another middle finger — that he dared do what his predecessor dared not do — that’ll give him a mileage or two come next presidential election—

That’s all! The fate of millions of human beings in Syria at the mercy of the criminal buffooneries of one US President or another —

‘Mission Accomplished!’ But What Is the Mission in Syria?

43 minutes ago, marcus said:

That’s all! The fate of millions of human beings in Syria at the mercy of the criminal buffooneries of one US President or another —

U.S. presidents are not responsible for millions in Syria....ask Putin to take care of them.

Syrians supported the elder Assad when his regime was destroying Lebanon.

Hell, even Canada bombed Syria (2015).

36 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

U.S. presidents are not responsible for millions in Syria....ask Putin to take care of them.

Syrians supported the elder Assad when his regime was destroying Lebanon.

Hell, even Canada bombed Syria (2015).

And after 7 years we have failed to take Assad out.  What's stopping us from accomplishing this task? Proper factual intelligence? Bigger weapons? Balls??

Just now, marcus said:

U.S. presidents are responsible when they bomb.

By the way, are you okay with your president going to war without congress' approval?

Yes, that's why U.S. taxpayers give presidents lots of bombs and missiles.

Syria is getting much deserved karma....long overdue.

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yes, that's why U.S. taxpayers give presidents lots of bombs and missiles.

Syria is getting much deserved karma....long overdue.

You believe in Karma? How romantic of you.

I guess the U.S. is due to become a crater.

You didn't respond; Are you okay with your president going to war without congress' approval?

4 minutes ago, marcus said:

You believe in Karma? How romantic of you.

I guess the U.S. is due to become a crater.

You didn't respond; Are you okay with your president going to war without congress' approval?

Yes I did respond...we give presidents the most powerful military in the world with every intention of using it.

I am very much "OK" with my president doing his job, just an many previous presidents have done.

Are you OK with Canada bombing Syria and other nations without "approval" ?   Do you think it matters ?

Edited by bush_cheney2004

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yes I did respond...we give presidents the most powerful military in the world with every intention of using it.

I am very much "OK" with my president doing his job, just an many previous presidents have done.

Are you OK with Canada bombing Syria ?   Do you think it matters ?

Not long ago, there was a presidential candidate who didn't believe in going to war without congress' approval. In fact, he thought it was a stupid move and was done for personal political gain and nothing else. Oh well. Consistency is not the forte of this guy and his fluffers.

1491518452904.png

Are you OK with Canada bombing Syria ?   Do you think it matters ?

Hell no! That said, at least the current prime minister has rejected the calls from its allies to bomb Syria. I agree with Trump of 2013 and 2015. Stay the hell out of Syria. One thing we should give credit is that at least the former prime minister followed the rules and asked permission from parliament.

This guy from 2013 would have agreed:

170407073950-donald-trump-syria-tweet-20

Edited by marcus
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, marcus said:

Not long ago, there was a presidential candidate who didn't believe in going to war without congress' approval. In fact, he thought it was a stupid move and was done for personal political gain and nothing else. Oh well.

Trump (who is now president, not just a candidate) has not "gone to war" with any nation...yet.   When the U.S. decides to actually go to war, you will hear about it.

Military actions were plenty good enough for Obama and his adoring fans.

Hell no! That said, at least the current prime minister has rejected the calls from its allies to bomb Syria. I agree with Trump of 2013 and 2015. Stay the hell out of Syria. One thing we should give credit is that at least the former prime minister followed the rules and asked permission from parliament.

Trump doesn't care....he will use America's armed forces just as previous presidents have done in the past, and will do so in the future.

Those who don't like it are invited to stop it if they can...good luck with that.

19 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Trump (who is now president, not just a candidate) has not "gone to war" with any nation...yet.

Really? What would you call attacking another nation with missiles and bombs? Just a little fart?

Military actions were plenty good enough for Obama and his adoring fans.

That was illegal as well. I hope you have been consistent with your support for all presidents who have performed illegal actions, such as attacking other countries without the approval of congress. As Trump of 2013 and 2015 declared. 

Trump doesn't care....

Truth.

2 hours ago, GostHacked said:

And after 7 years we have failed to take Assad out.  What's stopping us from accomplishing this task? Proper factual intelligence? Bigger weapons? Balls??

Because we are trying to take out the WRONG cancerous organ causing the sickness all over ME. The main cancer causing organ is not Assad. It is Iran regime without which Assad would have been toppled long ago and many issues in ME today would not have existed.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

9 minutes ago, marcus said:

Really? What would you call attacking another nation with missiles and bombs? Just a little fart?

So Canada is at war with Syria (based on 2015 CF-18 bombings) ?   

That was illegal as well. I hope you have been consistent with your support for all presidents who have performed illegal actions, such as attacking other countries without the approval of congress. As Trump of 2013 and 2015 declared.

War Powers Act already gives U.S. presidents enumerated authorization to use military power.  

Law only requires Trump to inform Congress and seek extensions beyond 60 days.

Since when has Trump (any year) been your benchmark for political consistency ?

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

War Powers Act already gives U.S. presidents enumerated authorization to use military power.  

It's been 7 years.  Time to get authorization.

2 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Sure. Even if Canada sent a couple of planes to attack foreign fighters (ISIS) in Iraq and Syria, they are still flying over a sovereign nation's airspace. The only difference is that Canada was not attacking the government of Syria. 

When Japan dropped bombs on Pearl Harbour, was that not seen a declaration of war?

2 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

There can't be a benchmark with Trump. There needs to be consistency in what a person says to create a benchmark. But if you really need to know, I totally agreed with Trump of 2013 and 2015 on his stance on foreign policy. Not so much with the Trump of now, who understands that if he wants $$$ from the sugardaddys to his campaign and the Republican campaigns, he has to do what his masters tell him to do.

By the way, which Trump do you agree with? Or are you without an opinion and support whatever your Dear President does?

2 hours ago, marcus said:

Sure. Even if Canada sent a couple of planes to attack foreign fighters (ISIS) in Iraq and Syria, they are still flying over a sovereign nation's airspace. The only difference is that Canada was not attacking the government of Syria. 

When Japan dropped bombs on Pearl Harbour, was that not seen a declaration of war?

Sorry, but the government of Canada is not at war with Syria, despite the 2015 bombings.  

There were attacks involving the U.S and Japan before Pearl Harbor that did not result in a declared war.   As for Pearl Harbor, the U.S.S Ward was first to attack a Japanese submarine, prior to the Japanese bombing sorties.

There can't be a benchmark with Trump. There needs to be consistency in what a person says to create a benchmark. But if you really need to know, I totally agreed with Trump of 2013 and 2015 on his stance on foreign policy. Not so much with the Trump of now, who understands that if he wants $$$ from the sugardaddys to his campaign and the Republican campaigns, he has to do what his masters tell him to do.

By the way, which Trump do you agree with? Or are you without an opinion and support whatever your Dear President does?

Trump can say whatever he wants, and he has for decades.   He was not a reasoned statesman before getting elected just because you agreed with his anti-Obama political rhetoric, and he is not a statesman now.   But he is POTUS, and I want him to use American political, economic, and military power in the same ways as presidents before him.  

"Speak softly and carry a big stick...you will go far." - Gov. Theodore Roosevelt  (1900)