Colorado Shooting during the Dark Knight Rises

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Derek L

So were any "rootin tootin gun sling[ers]" actually "packin heat" at any of those places? - And do you realize that it's not always legal to be "packin heat?"

“On Wednesday, October 16, 1991, Hupp and her parents were having lunch at the Luby's Cafeteria in Killeen. She had left her handgun in her car to comply with Texas state law at the time which forbade carrying a concealed weapon. When George Hennard drove his truck into the cafeteria and opened fire on the patrons, Hupp instinctively reached into her purse for her weapon, but it was in her vehicle."

She states if she had another chance, she would have violated the law – carried her gun in her purse – and shot the mad man before he has a chance to shoot her parents and 21 other people.

FYI: From the Virginia Tech murders, to the 1991 Luby's Cafeteria massacre in Texas which left 23 people dead, to the shootings at the California McDonald's in 1984 where 21 people were killed, all these attacks shared something in common: citizens were already banned from having guns in those areas. link

I think it's safe to add that the students at Columbine were banned from having guns in school, too. <_<

Good point AW:

Tragedy in a another "Gun Free Kill Zone"

So were any "rootin tootin gun sling[ers]" actually "packin heat" at any of those places? - And do you realize that it's not always legal to be "packin heat?"

Exactly. Most of those places are so-called gun free zones. Well, law-abiding citizens are gun free, not necessarily the crminials. They don't care about breaking gun laws.

Guest Derek L

Exactly. Most of those places are so-called gun free zones. Well, law-abiding citizens are gun free, not necessarily the crminials. They don't care about breaking gun laws.

I wonder how he concealed a AR-15 (with a Beta Mag) and a pump shotgun and got it into the movie theatre…….I can’t even sneak in a medium Tim’s…….

Clearly you can’t legislate mental illness……….Now how long till he gets the needle?

My understanding is this guy was wearing armour, so no one could shoot him and then having tear gas or smoke bomb, how could anyone defend themselves. Now, with sources calling for banning of hand guns who will win, the gun owners or people who want gun control. It will probably now be included in the election in November.

Armour doesn't help much with a head shot...

Nice theory but in fact that almost never happens in these mass murder situations in the US. The right to carry in Arizona did nothing to help Gabrielle Giffords and the seventeen others who were shot.

That would imply that despite carrying arms being legal not very many people actually do it. That doesn't change that if someone was armed they COULD take the shooter down! Certainly, if no one is armed, whether because of laws or custom, then there is nothing to stop a wingnut until the police eventually arrive.

If you know of something that COULD stop the assailant please tell me!

That would imply that despite carrying arms being legal not very many people actually do it. That doesn't change that if someone was armed they COULD take the shooter down! Certainly, if no one is armed, whether because of laws or custom, then there is nothing to stop a wingnut until the police eventually arrive.

If you know of something that COULD stop the assailant please tell me!

I don't know of something but the history of these events shows that it made no difference whether it was legal to carry or not.

Not much differences from the same nut bar who went off at eatons centre in T.O.
That pretty much sums it up.

not much difference? Really? Premeditated? Gang related? Purposeful targeting of innocents? Why... I read this 'dark night' shooter legally purchased his 4 weapons (inclusive of an assault rifle)... and his over 6000, yes... 6000 rounds of ammo, in over just a few short weeks leadup time. Oh... and along with a 100 round magazine for the rifle, cause he needed more sportin ability! And to top it off the guy 'wires' his home with bombs! Not much different? Really?

and, of course, the aforementioned delicate flowers reach for the 'nutbar' label... over and over again, apparently.

Guest Derek L

not much difference? Really? Premeditated? Gang related? Purposeful targeting of innocents? Why... I read this 'dark night' shooter legally purchased his 4 weapons (inclusive of an assault rifle)... and his over 6000, yes... 6000 rounds of ammo, in over just a few short weeks leadup time. Oh... and along with a 100 round magazine for the rifle, cause he needed more sportin ability! And to top it off the guy 'wires' his home with bombs! Not much different? Really?

and, of course, the aforementioned delicate flowers reach for the 'nutbar' label... over and over again, apparently.

A minor quibble, it wasn’t a “assault rifle” (select fire/fully auto) but a semi-auto (one bullet per trigger pull)………Big difference between the two, for an actual Assault rifle with a Beta Mag would have been emptied in seconds, not twenty minutes, and the actual death toll much higher……….

Are you of the opinion that said Joker suspect is not mentally ill?

A minor quibble, it wasn’t a “assault rifle” (select fire/fully auto) but a semi-auto (one bullet per trigger pull)………Big difference between the two, for an actual Assault rifle with a Beta Mag would have been emptied in seconds, not twenty minutes, and the actual death toll much higher……….

Are you of the opinion that said Joker suspect is not mentally ill?

please... can you get your NRA buddies to do a better job and get the U.S. media on board - all/most outlets keep referring to the AR-15 as an, 'assault rifle'. I expect your minor quibble is an important consideration when speaking to the deaths/wounding of some 70 persons, hey?

hey now, how did your 'mentally ill' guy legally get those guns and all that ammo?

The truth is, that in a free society, if somebody wants to plan something like this, there's absolutely nothing that can be done to stop it.

I wonder,if you were one of the victims or someone close to you,would you still keep this opinion intact?

WWWTT

Yep, because it's the truth. The truth doesn't change.

Well Fantino does not share your opinion.

In his recently released statement in regards to the Scarborough shootings he gave two sentences of condolences to the victims and families.And made another twelve sentences about conservative policy that was supposed to prevent this.

WWWTT

I wonder how he concealed a AR-15 (with a Beta Mag) and a pump shotgun and got it into the movie theatre…….I can’t even sneak in a medium Tim’s…….

I'm guessing he didn't conceal it. Don't need to sneak in an assault rifle and shotgun when you're carrying assault rifle and shotgun LOL.

Clearly you can’t legislate mental illness……….Now how long till he gets the needle?

I disagree. Mental health issues are still underfunded and even neglected in our society. In Canada it's still neglected in our healthcare system.

Guest Manny

Seem to recall after the Virginia Tech shootings, some politicians tried to implement a policy to delay the release of gun purchases while a background check is done, and to have a registry to notify police if someone buys large quantities of guns/ ammo. This was shot down by other political groups/ NRA.

Guest Derek L

please... can you get your NRA buddies to do a better job and get the U.S. media on board - all/most outlets keep referring to the AR-15 as an, 'assault rifle'. I expect your minor quibble is an important consideration when speaking to the deaths/wounding of some 70 persons, hey?

hey now, how did your 'mentally ill' guy legally get those guns and all that ammo?

As I said, there is a difference………AR-15s are available in Canada with an RPAL………One can even purchase a pinned Beta mag……..As I said, their’s quite a difference in rate of fire…….

As to how he got it, simple walked into a store and bought it……….I’m assuming the same way purchased all the explosives.

Guest Derek L

I'm guessing he didn't conceal it. Don't need to sneak in an assault rifle and shotgun when you're carrying assault rifle and shotgun LOL.

I disagree. Mental health issues are still underfunded and even neglected in our society. In Canada it's still neglected in our healthcare system.

I heard a later report that he went back out to his car through a fire exit then returned....

How do you know they were obtained legally?
Because the police said so. :rolleyes:
When?

just about every news account includes reference to the guns having been purchased legally. Since there's only one news "source" that you'll accept:

Shepard Smith reports that Fox News Channel’s Jennifer Griffin has confirmed through a law enforcement source that James Holmes’s guns were purchased at separate Gander Mountain Guns shops, one in Thornton, CO and one in Aurora, CO. Then, the other guns were purchased at two Bass Pro Shops, both in Denver, CO.

but hey now... how did a 'mentally ill' guy legally get those guns and all that ammo?

just about every news account includes reference to the guns having been purchased legally. Since there's only one news "source" that you'll accept:

Shepard Smith reports that Fox News Channel’s Jennifer Griffin has confirmed through a law enforcement source that James Holmes’s guns were purchased at separate Gander Mountain Guns shops, one in Thornton, CO and one in Aurora, CO. Then, the other guns were purchased at two Bass Pro Shops, both in Denver, CO.

but hey now... how did a 'mentally ill' guy legally get those guns and all that ammo?

Got anything else than a tweet from Shep Smith?