Tea Party DEMANDS (and gets) publicly funded Muslim education ?

Rich is the turn of the worm that resulted in Imams opening schools under legislation supported by the Tea Party. Nothing on this thread tops that, if only for sheer humour.

Like I say, take the joke - you'll get to give it next time. Justin Trudeau is still in politics after all.

The overwhelming majority of the Tea Party is far more well-verses in American legalities than you are. The assertion that the Tea Party as a movement was blindsided by this consequence of the educational funding reform is a lie.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The overwhelming majority of the Tea Party is far more well-verses in American legalities than you are.

Ok... just.... not.... their.... legislators ? :blink:

The assertion that the Tea Party as a movement was blindsided by this consequence of the educational funding reform is a lie.

See the Republican quoted in the OP.

The point being made was oppressive government policies implemented through religious organizations.

Such as?
What that means is that some Canadians will ignore and accept such things as long as they can convince themselves that it is far worse "down south".
Got nothing to do with down south at all. Just that the system doesn't seem very broken, and trying to fix it might make things worse instead of better. It's complacency because there's no real problem. When one arises, attitudes will change.
No need to re-debate the history of abortion in Canada or the USA as it has been done in many previous threads. The single point was that Canada lagged behind in so called abortion rights, and even to this day has a very real barrier to access because of funding and/or refusals by health care professionals, leading to the absurd situation wherein Canadians travel to Kansas (of all places) to get abortions.

All true. But, you all have access problems too, and a lot more religious interference in your abortion laws and abortion providers. We did lag behind, but we don't anymore. That was then, this is now. As for women travelling to Kansas, that's sad, because I'm not in favor of late term abortions anyway. I would outlaw them, so women would still have to travel to Kansas. Until your religious right manages to shut down abortions all together, that is. Then American women will flood across to Canada.

Ok... just.... not.... their.... legislators ? :blink:

See the Republican quoted in the OP.

You should try having a conversation with a Tea Party person one day, it'll dispel the myths you subscribe to after watching thirty-second CBC commentary clips with false allegations of overt racism and extreme religiosity.

This legislator lady doesn't represent the Tea Party, and perhaps she was lying in some pathetic attempt to insulate her from criticism she felt would come her way.

Edited by kraychik

Such as?

Don't shine me on....you know damn right well what I am referring to.

Got nothing to do with down south at all. Just that the system doesn't seem very broken, and trying to fix it might make things worse instead of better. It's complacency because there's no real problem. When one arises, attitudes will change.

Then why are some Canadians so defensive about stories like Shona Holmes and her great brain tumor fiasco?

All true. But, you all have access problems too, and a lot more religious interference in your abortion laws and abortion providers. We did lag behind, but we don't anymore. That was then, this is now.

Still do....American clinics make up for the gaps in Canada.

As for women travelling to Kansas, that's sad, because I'm not in favor of late term abortions anyway. I would outlaw them, so women would still have to travel to Kansas. Until your religious right manages to shut down abortions all together, that is. Then American women will flood across to Canada.

Maybe, but for now, the smug and righteous in Canada look like fools pointing at the U.S. "religious right" even as Canadians have to get abortion services in the heart of the Bible Belt.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

You should try having a conversation with a Tea Party person one day, it'll dispel the myths you subscribe to after watching thirty-second CBC commentary clips with false allegations of overt racism and extreme religiosity.

This legislator lady doesn't represent the Tea Party, and perhaps she was lying in some pathetic attempt to insulate her from criticism she felt would come her way.

Are you familiar with the True Scotsman fallacy?

Go check out a Tea Party message board. They're insane. Some valid ideas, but mostly insane. They're still in love with Palin and Michele Bachmann. Some fascination with hot MILFS that are as dumb as doornails.

I calmly await the extinction of the US (and Canadian) fundamentalist right-wing nutjob lot. Maybe my grandkids will see the day.

Go check out a Tea Party message board. They're insane. Some valid ideas, but mostly insane. They're still in love with Palin and Michele Bachmann. Some fascination with hot MILFS that are as dumb as doornails.

So Ron Paul is a hot MILF? Whatever floats your boat.

I calmly await the extinction of the US (and Canadian) fundamentalist right-wing nutjob lot. Maybe my grandkids will see the day.

Guess which nation has a conservative majority government?

Don't shine me on....you know damn right well what I am referring to.

Not going to play guessing games with you. How hard is it for you to spell it out?
Then why are some Canadians so defensive about stories like Shona Holmes and her great brain tumor fiasco?
Never heard of it. What does it have to do with catholic and protestant school boards? I thought that's what we're discussing.
Still do....American clinics make up for the gaps in Canada.
As I said, many Canadians don't support late term abortions anyway. So we don't perceive a gap.
Maybe, but for now, the smug and righteous in Canada look like fools pointing at the U.S. "religious right" even as Canadians have to get abortion services in the heart of the Bible Belt.

See above. You really think late term abortions on demand are such a great thing to crow about?

But vouchers are a good policy, regardless of whether "evil" Muslims are treated equally.

Why are they good? Seems to me the only nation that uses them is by no means leading the pack when it comes to educational achievement.

Will it dispel the idea they're morons?

Not going to play guessing games with you. How hard is it for you to spell it out?

Krikey....please use what the Americans have given you for free (Canadians love free), and Google the following:

"Canadian Indian residential school system"

Never heard of it. What does it have to do with catholic and protestant school boards? I thought that's what we're discussing.

OK...let me catch you up on things:

The use of Holmes' claims in the USA stirred great controversy in Canada, where the Canadian health care system is popular across the political spectrum.[24][25][26] The use of her claims triggered comments from Ujjal Dosanjh, the Liberal Party of Canada's health critic, who called Holmes' case "an exception to the rule". Jim Meek wrote in the Halifax Chronicle Herald, commenting on the strength of Canadian's reaction to the Holmes claims:

"Holmes attacked our medical system from inside the U.S., which is seen in this country as an act of High Treason."

Jack Layton, the leader of the New Democratic Party, traveled to the United States, so he could appear on American television to rebut Holmes's claims.[27]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shona_Holmes_health_care_incident

As I said, many Canadians don't support late term abortions anyway. So we don't perceive a gap.

Got it...you only perceive a gap in the US health care system, except when it is needed. This goes beyond just abortions.

See above. You really think late term abortions on demand are such a great thing to crow about?

When they have to be performed in the United States because of a lack of services in Canada...yes. Late term abortions are sometimes medically necessary to save the life of the mother just in case you didn't know.

Krikey....please use what the Americans have given you for free (Canadians love free), and Google the following:

"Canadian Indian residential school system"

Vs your cavalry that just killed the First Nations? Our PM made an apology, and survivors are getting reparations. What are you all doing? Guess you don't have to pay reparations to dead people. What any of this has to do with current school systems is beyond me.
OK...let me catch you up on things:

The use of Holmes' claims in the USA stirred great controversy in Canada, where the Canadian health care system is popular across the political spectrum.[24][25][26] The use of her claims triggered comments from Ujjal Dosanjh, the Liberal Party of Canada's health critic, who called Holmes' case "an exception to the rule". Jim Meek wrote in the Halifax Chronicle Herald, commenting on the strength of Canadian's reaction to the Holmes claims:

"Holmes attacked our medical system from inside the U.S., which is seen in this country as an act of High Treason."

Jack Layton, the leader of the New Democratic Party, traveled to the United States, so he could appear on American television to rebut Holmes's claims.[27]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shona_Holmes_health_care_incident

So one Canadian criticized the Canadian healthcare system. Wow. You all have no critics of your system? And her claims were rebutted - but of course you don't believe the rebuttal.
Got it...you only perceive a gap in the US health care system, except when it is needed. This goes beyond just abortions.

How so?
When they have to be performed in the United States because of a lack of services in Canada...yes. Late term abortions are sometimes medically necessary to save the life of the mother just in case you didn't know.

And you know for a fact that we don't do abortions as medically necessary, but not just if the mother insists on it? Got something to back that up, that we had a doctor refuse to perform a medically necessary operation? Possibly a cesarean is the preferred option for late term medical interventions.

What a crock....better go read Canada's Constitution Act and preferences given to Catholics and Protestants in four provinces.

Might I suggest hitting up one of the many Canadian forums on this site if you want to discuss Canadian legislation and education? This thread is in the United States Politics forum and is about Louisiana's legislation. You derail the thread with the first reply, but "don't call me a troll." :rolleyes:

Vs your cavalry that just killed the First Nations? Our PM made an apology, and survivors are getting reparations. What are you all doing? Guess you don't have to pay reparations to dead people. What any of this has to do with current school systems is beyond me.

It's pretty rich being lectured to about Canada's native history from an American when they had Andrew Jackson and his Indian Removal Act.

Might I suggest hitting up one of the many Canadian forums on this site if you want to discuss Canadian legislation and education? This thread is in the United States Politics forum and is about Louisiana's legislation. You derail the thread with the first reply, but "don't call me a troll." :rolleyes:

No, I will invoke the same privilege to wander off topic as you. If American content was confined to this part of the forum, it would be very boring indeed, and other members certainly don't refrain from doing so in other areas.

Your feeble attempt to shut me up is noted...and laughed at.

Well, spreaking of extreme religiosity....does this person "represent the Tea Party"?:

Chairman of the Mississippi Tea Party, Roy Nicholson:

May all of us fall on our faces before the Heavenly Judge, repent of our sins, and humbly cry out to Him for mercy on our country. And, may godly courageous leaders rise up in His wisdom and power to lead us in displacing the criminal invaders from their seats and restore our constitutional republic.

:unsure:

God hates them northern Democrats.

Edited by bleeding heart

The South should just separate from the rest of the US. Then they can have their theocratic utopia, ban all immigration, kick out anyone that's not white, persecute homosexuals, ban abortion, etc. Of course, they'll be the first radical extremist Christian nation and probably be condemned and sanctioned by other nations, including the rest of the former US, but at least they'll have what they want.

No need to have a discussion with a teapartier, just take a look at what they propose for Texas public schools.

American Identity Patriotism and Loyalty – We believe the current teaching of a multicultural curriculum is divisive. We favor strengthening our common American identity and loyalty instead of political correctness that nurtures alienation among racial and ethnic groups. Students should pledge allegiance to the American and Texas flags daily to instill patriotism.

Controversial Theories – We support objective teaching and equal treatment of all sides of scientific theories. We believe theories such as life origins and environmental change should be taught as challengeable scientific theories subject to change as new data is produced. Teachers and students should be able to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of these theories openly and without fear of retribution or discrimination of any kind.

Early Childhood Development – We believe that parents are best suited to train their children in their early development and oppose mandatory pre-school and Kindergarten. We urge Congress to repeal government-sponsored programs that deal with early childhood development.

Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority.

Educational Entitlement – We encourage legislation that prohibits enrollment in free public schools of non-citizens unlawfully present in the United States.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/texasgop_pre/assets/original/2012Platform_Final.pdf