Kenney says AB Deputy Premier is "a complete and utter asshole&#34

Jason Kenney once again accidentally sent something out from his office that he shouldn't have. This time he accidentally hit reply all to all 26 members of the Alberta caucus and their assistants. The content of his email?

“I say a definite ‘no’ to Lukaszyk. I don’t think it makes sense to create a precedent to do a special caucus meeting for every visiting minister from the provincial government. Plus he is a complete and utter asshole.”

This isn't the first time a Minister in Harper's cabinet has used profanity when addressing another level of government. In response to Toronto's application, under Miller, for funding from the federal government to replace street cars, Baird was blunt:

They should fuck off.

It seems that the contempt and arrogance of this government is systemic, given that these "accidents" and "slip-ups" keep happening again and again. There was a time when a cabinet minister would step down after being caught making such inappropriate remarks. This is not the decorum of the Government of Canada. Cabinet Ministers need to realize that they are no longer backbencher MPs, rather they represent the government of the entire country. Moreover, they are appointed to their positions by the Queen of Canada, which reflects poorly on the monarch.

Bullshit.

-- Rae

Seriously though, it depends on the context of the comment and how offensive it really is.

Lets not forget pretty boy calling a cabinet minister a piece of shit.

Jason Kenney once again accidentally sent something out from his office that he shouldn't have. This time he accidentally hit reply all to all 26 members of the Alberta caucus and their assistants. The content of his email?

This isn't the first time a Minister in Harper's cabinet has used profanity when addressing another level of government. In response to Toronto's application, under Miller, for funding from the federal government to replace street cars, Baird was blunt:

It seems that the contempt and arrogance of this government is systemic, given that these "accidents" and "slip-ups" keep happening again and again. There was a time when a cabinet minister would step down after being caught making such inappropriate remarks. This is not the decorum of the Government of Canada. Cabinet Ministers need to realize that they are no longer backbencher MPs, rather they represent the government of the entire country. Moreover, they are appointed to their positions by the Queen of Canada, which reflects poorly on the monarch.

The arrogance of the Alberta PC's is overwhelming

Guys,

Try to discuss this issue without lowering your manners to the standard of your politicians.

I want to remind everybody about the forum rules and guidelines concerning insults and rude language.

Here in the MapleLeaf Web forums, the discussion is expected to be civil and polite no matter what your politicians do or say.

Charles Anthony

The house was really pushing for that apology yesterday. Fortunately, Kenney eventually gave in, but I would not be surprised if the federal relationship with it's Alberta cousins has been marred moving forward.

This is dangerous, divisive politics and Alberta should think twice about who truly has their interests at heart.

Edited by mentalfloss

not a big deal for me, it's the way adults talk in the real world...

They even talk like adults in the unreal world, i.e. the House of Commons.

NDP MP Ryan Cleary recently said in the House that the PM doesn't know his arse from a hole in the ground.

I suppose that's what we've come to expect from MPs. Potty mouths and grandstanders.

This Kenney "asshole" comment, is it of such importance to the nation's business that so many opposition MPs were compelled to raise it in the House? I mean, wouldn't raising it once have sufficed for the point to be made?

I suppose that's what we've come to expect from MPs. Potty mouths and grandstanders.

This Kenney "asshole" comment, is it of such importance to the nation's business that so many opposition MPs were compelled to raise it in the House? I mean, wouldn't raising it once have sufficed for the point to be made?

Yeah, once was all it was really worth Cap but the Opposition aren't the sharpest pencils in the box,anymore.

Neither are the government MPs, for that matter.

They will flog this dead horse for a week because that's all they have to work with!

If only John Crosbie had had a son or daughter who would have entered politics and inherited his mantle.

There was a man who could insult someone with style!

The house was really pushing for that apology yesterday. Fortunately, Kenney eventually gave in, but I would not be surprised if the federal relationship with it's Alberta cousins has been marred moving forward.

This is dangerous, divisive politics and Alberta should think twice about who truly has their interests at heart.

Flanagan has made it clear that he stands with the Wildrose Party in Alberta. If Flanagan is on that side of the debate, you can be sure that the CPC is more Wildrose than PC. IOW, I don't think they give a crap. And this is why Kenney's comments are so important. They show that the CPC is not your father's PC party.

Edited by cybercoma

Flanagan has made it clear that he stands with the Wildrose Party in Alberta. If Flanagan is on that side of the debate, you can be sure that the CPC is more Wildrose than PC. IOW, I don't think they give a crap. And this is why Kenney's comments are so important. They show that the CPC is not your father's PC party.

I had the same thought ... and Wildrose just got trounced by the PC's.

Maybe a good sign ... :D

in the provincial forum, I went 'toe-to-toe' with that fine upstanding Albertan MLW member, 'traveller'... he just wouldn't accept anything I threw at him concerning the known ties between Harper Conservatives and the Wildrose. Perhaps he could provide more of his astute analysis/understanding in that regard... an Alberta post-election update perhaps.

The Sask party can tell them about the loyalty the PC's show the provincial cousins

• 4 months later...

I thought Trudeau said that.

Edit:

No wait, he said 'you piece of sh*t'.

He also gave the finger to an entire town, if memory serves. I guess, between that and the War Measures Act, he wasn't all bad.