Facebook to alow under 13/YO'ds to set up accounts

Good idea or is this a corporate giant grasping for an increase for shareholders? "Social Media" making money? Is Social media even valid with Twitter, FB, blogs capitalizing and making money off of what's "trending"?? I will say with this latest news "social media" has been "outed"

Good idea or is this a corporate giant grasping for an increase for shareholders? "Social Media" making money? Is Social media even valid with Twitter, FB, blogs capitalizing and making money off of what's "trending"?? I will say with this latest news "social media" has been "outed"

What does this have to do with Canadian federal politics?

Seems pretty easy Cyber! Legislate that it should NOT be accessible to 12 year olds!

How do you do this? Arrest the kids? This would be a difficult thing to legislate, though I guess the Canadian gov could contact Facebook and try to have them block access of accounts of under 13 y/o with IP addresses coming from Canada.

Better solution: parents ban kids from Facebook of whatever age limits they want.

But this is Canada! We depend on rhe Feds to take care of our kids!

How do you do this? Arrest the kids? This would be a difficult thing to legislate, though I guess the Canadian gov could contact Facebook and try to have them block access of accounts of under 13 y/o with IP addresses coming from Canada.

Better solution: parents ban kids from Facebook of whatever age limits they want.

And what in G-d's name ever prevented a 12 year old from opening an account with a fake birthday? At least if they allow it anyone targeting a minor knows that he or she is "talking" to a 12 year old and can be dealt with accordingly.

• 3 weeks later...

I am not banned nor suspended. Please end these vicious rumors. Thank you. :)

Well limiting yourself to one liners on the sidelines, is one of the smartest things you have done since you joined.

I personally would like to extend my thanks to you for that.