RON WILSON WAS JUST FIRED

I suppose this is good news. He was never Burke's guy.

Burkes probably gone during the summer if they fail to make the playoffs

Bell & Rogers are taking full control of ownership this summer and they want to win

Burke would always talk about "the blue & white disease of entitlement"

then what does he do? gives one of the worst coaches in the nhl in the past 4 seasons (his best friend) ron wilson a fat contract extension

as a christmas gift

disgusting hypocrite burke is

Edited by olpfan1

Not long ago it looked like the Leafs were going to make the playoffs but now they're in serious danger of falling too far behind. 5 points doesn't sound like a lot to make up with 18 games left, but now that teams get points for overtime losses and shootout losses, it's harder to make up ground.

The Leafs missing the playoffs wouldn't be that big of a surprise, but the Washington Capitals missing the playoffs would be a huge shock. Right now they're also in serious danger.

As an Oiler fan, I can barely even recall what playoffs are like. :(

-k

-k

Oilers are stacked with youth and about to get more... Oilers will be set for the next decade

At least you got to the stanley cup last the decade!

didnt you take tampa to 7 games?

Edited by olpfan1

Oilers are stacked with youth and about to get more... Oilers will be set for the next decade

At least you got to the stanley cup last the decade!

didnt you take tampa to 7 games?

It was Carolina, but yes. The future looks good... but it's taking an awful long time to get here.

-k

It was Carolina, but yes. The future looks good... but it's taking an awful long time to get here.

-k

The oilers have been "rebuilding with young players" for about 20 years it seems like. I keep thinking theyll do better each year, but they never quite get there. At least theyre a half ass entertaining team to watch.

Not long ago it looked like the Leafs were going to make the playoffs but now they're in serious danger of falling too far behind. 5 points doesn't sound like a lot to make up with 18 games left, but now that teams get points for overtime losses and shootout losses, it's harder to make up ground.

The Leafs missing the playoffs wouldn't be that big of a surprise, but the Washington Capitals missing the playoffs would be a huge shock. Right now they're also in serious danger.

-k

Good points. At least with the Oilers, it doesn't look like the players have tuned out their coach. With the Leafs, I think Wilson lost them a while ago. I think his style of coaching can only be effective for a short period of time.

Oh, and after this season it appears likely that the Leafs will have the longest ongoing post season playoff appearance drought streak.

That's comforting, because Toronto's other teams haven't been making the playoffs either so nobody really stands out, except the amazing Argos who made the playoffs about half the time...

-k

There are so many surprises this year-the Sens, Jets, Panthers, the Blues turning it around with Hitchcock. For opposite reasons the Lightening, Kings, Sabres and the Caps as mentioned.

I can't say I saw Montreal doing so badly either. The same can be said for the Philly's goaltending.

Correct me if I am wrong but don't the Oil need some blueliners and a goalie? Khabibulin is getting up there. Im not saying they dont have some great talent up front and some time to get all the pieces in place but you just need to look at Toronto to see what some iffy D and goaltending can do to a decent team.

DRAMA!

On Coaches Corner Cherry lost it.. insulting Ron Maclean for not asking Burke tough questions(but they weren't

easy questions and Burke was getting annoyed by Ron) Poor Ron

Anyway, Cherry had a fit that there's no Ontario kids on the leafs but there are a lot of Americans

Then Cherry claims Burke tried getting cbc to fire him twice cause Cherry was critical of him

lol and tells Burke to tell him to his face and not behind his back

it was epic, I'll post the youtube video after the game Im sure be there

Edited by olpfan1