Best argument for not striking Iran i've heard yet

I think the whole positioning and language that emanates here is misleading. It is formed on the basis that them meaning iRan and the muslim world from the East are evil and WE meaning the west that would include Israel can hold the high moral ground of doing whatever act we deem necessary under the pre text of self defense! Yes any act by whatever means we feel is justified even it means killing innocent civilians...

Afterall, why should the west care about leaders of these countries when their leaders have been running these countries for decades...Saddam, Gaddaffi and the list goes on. But heaven forbid let's not talk about other dictators like Mugabe...

So the question remains why should the people of these "evil countries" have any faith in the REAL motives of foreign invaders when they inherit a puppet democracy style government installed in their country backed by western governments?

As it relates to Mugabe,I've heared it said that approx. 2000 Commando's could probably overthrow that government...

That's what the British essentially did in Sierra Leone...

A nuclear powered Iran,and the resultant disruptions to certain commodities,would be another matter entirely...Nevermind the existential threat to a certain nation that Tehran feels should be wiped off the map...

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the whole positioning and language that emanates here is misleading. It is formed on the basis that them meaning iRan and the muslim world from the East are evil and WE meaning the west that would include Israel can hold the high moral ground of doing whatever act we deem necessary under the pre text of self defense!

You are skewing things a mite, I would think. I don't recall anyone saying that the Muslim world is evil. Just Iran! Not all Muslim countries are like Iran or Syria.

I might have gone along with you if you had restricted the definition of evil only to fundamentalist Muslim religious regimes. Muslims of modern cultures are quite different and it's hardly fair for you to brand them the same as their backward cousins.

I am so against religious governments of any stripe that to be honest I'm not that comfortable with the Vatican!

You are skewing things a mite, I would think. I don't recall anyone saying that the Muslim world is evil. Just Iran! Not all Muslim countries are like Iran or Syria.

I might have gone along with you if you had restricted the definition of evil only to fundamentalist Muslim religious regimes. Muslims of modern cultures are quite different and it's hardly fair for you to brand them the same as their backward cousins.

I am so against religious governments of any stripe that to be honest I'm not that comfortable with the Vatican!

I have my qualms about The Vatican,as well...

And by the way,spot on in be able to discern between Islam and Islamofascism (Radical Islam by another name)...

As it relates to Mugabe,I've heared it said that approx. 2000 Commando's could probably overthrow that government...

That's what the British essentially did in Sierra Leone...

A nuclear powered Iran,and the resultant disruptions to certain commodities,would be another matter entirely...Nevermind the existential threat to a certain nation that Tehran feels should be wiped off the map...

well, Mugabe is still alive and kicking...This just goes to prove my point that most of these wars as you pointed out have a strong correlation with a certain commodity. So next time please spare me the thought that the pre text of war is because Iran is a threat to Israel. Fact remains that Iran is a regional middle tier player. Any increase in their influence will downplay the bargaining power of the west over that commodity crude oil as we know it.

Yesterday's wars with muslim countries were over evil Iraq, Libya, Afgahnistan. The case then was presented to us as they are all a bunch of terrorists...Tomorrows war is over evil Syria another muslem country singled out for guess what. They are the enemy of Israel and therefore evil. So don't tell me it's only Syria and Iran. How many other muslem countries do you want to single out pick a fight under a pre-text of those ridiculous terms "war on terror", "arab spring" and shovel a manfactured democracy down their throats?

On the Vatcian are you kidding me??? Do you know how much influence they have? Neither am I comfortable with their influence and the role of vatican church in africa.

Tomorrows war is over evil Syria another muslem country singled out for guess what. They are the enemy of Israel and therefore evil. So don't tell me it's only Syria and Iran.

Let the Russians invade their old pal Syria if the number of dead civilians gets too disgusting. It's only 7,500 or so now. No sign of any flotillas full of activists. Can't be too evil...

Let the Russians invade their old pal Syria if the number of dead civilians gets too disgusting. It's only 7,500 or so now. No sign of any flotillas full of activists. Can't be too evil...

That's kind of an about face from you. Considering your support of the 'how' in Libya. And your current support of invading Iran...... seems inconsistent.

You don't support a UN/NATO intervention in Syria?? Why not??

That's kind of an about face from you. Considering your support of the 'how' in Libya. And your current support of invading Iran...... seems inconsistent.

I did NOT support any stupid mission to Libya. Nice strawman.

You don't support a UN/NATO intervention in Syria?? Why not??

Because Syria is old school Warsaw Pact. Let their allies figure it out. You can start a flotilla...

I did NOT support any stupid mission to Libya. Nice strawman.

Hmm in all the other Libya threads, from what I can see ... you never mentioned that you were against it. So you might as well have been for it. Silence is acceptance :D.

Because Syria is old school Warsaw Pact. Let their allies figure it out. You can start a flotilla...

Ahh I see, only pick on the small guys that have no friends to back them up.

Hmm in all the other Libya threads, from what I can see ... you never mentioned that you were against it. So you might as well have been for it. Silence is acceptance :D.

Again, I never supported any invasion. That you have to invent my support for such things is typical of you.

Ahh I see, only pick on the small guys that have no friends to back them up.

You really should stop making stuff up about me. Don't you have plenty of quotes of me nashing at the bit for war? You were looking, I noticed. So cough it up.

To be fair,the Assad's are Pan Arab Nationalists (Ba'Athists),and as such,line up closer to there historical brethren on the extreme right than the extreme left.It's out of the wierd alchemy of geography and Cold War political alliances that they were tied to The Soviet Union...

Again, I never supported any invasion. That you have to invent my support for such things is typical of you.

That does not stop you from asuming a lot about me. I am trying your game out for a bit, I am still a little confused about some of your rules, .. I'll get the hang of it.

You really should stop making stuff up about me. Don't you have plenty of quotes of me nashing at the bit for war? You were looking, I noticed. So cough it up.

Aww muffin.The fact you oppose my stance of Iran should not be invaded, seems enough evidence for me to prove that you are chomping at that bit ....

But to make you feel better , I was more pointing to the fact that no big players (and I make the caveat that some of these big players don't have friends) have been taken out, You know why Iran is not going to get invaded (on the large scale we saw Iraq for example)? Same reason Syria won't be overtly taken to war by the US/NATO/UN.... however there are both covert wars going on right now in Iran and Syria. You do know Russian troops are in Syria, so sure arm the rebels who have Al-queda among them or leading them in some way ..., crap I've seen this show before too..... so both are simply proxy wars for something bigger. Iran and Syria have those kind of relationships to Russia and China, like the US has relationship with countries that are considered partners of convenience. Even though their political ideals and climate don't quite compliment each other.

GH: Aww muffin.The fact you oppose my stance of Iran should not be invaded, seems enough evidence for me to prove that you are chomping at that bit ....

I never posted that Iran should be invaded. You're making things up. But, I don't believe the foolishness re: Dinnerjacket not meaning what he (and others in positions of power in Iran) has said about Israel. Nor do I believe a country that is enriching Uranium and working on bigger ICBMs with bigger payloads isn't also working on atomic weapons.

But to make you feel better , I was more pointing to the fact that no big players (and I make the caveat that some of these big players don't have friends) have been taken out, You know why Iran is not going to get invaded (on the large scale we saw Iraq for example)? Same reason Syria won't be overtly taken to war by the US/NATO/UN.... however there are both covert wars going on right now in Iran and Syria. You do know Russian troops are in Syria, so sure arm the rebels who have Al-queda among them or leading them in some way ..., crap I've seen this show before too..... so both are simply proxy wars for something bigger. Iran and Syria have those kind of relationships to Russia and China, like the US has relationship with countries that are considered partners of convenience. Even though their political ideals and climate don't quite compliment each other.

Russia has supplied Syria with weapons (at times for 'free') since well before you were born. As Jack mentions, they were an ally of convenience. Handy base for the Soviet Navy, etc. Neither Iran nor Syria's military would stand a snowball's chance in Hell vs the US. Most 'rebels' throughout the PLANET carry the handy dandy AK-47 or the RPG-7, oddly enough. Not made in the Good Ol' US of A. I hear they come from the AK-47 tree and RPG-7 bush respectively. Right??

;)

That does not stop you from asuming a lot about me.

Assume? You're a young fellow with musical talent but very little historical context. One day you'll be telling younger folk than yourself that in the year 2000, everybody wasn't still wearing fur and living in caves.

Edited by DogOnPorch

I'm sure there are a number of people that are getting tired of the Israel-Iran situation and even though I'm more for peace than war, I say, if Israel wants to strike Iran then go for it and let the West, epecially Canada, stay out of it. If they start throwing around nukes in the area then we know peace will come down the road when all are dead. BUT... I have a feeling the way that Harper has treated Israel, that he would involve our military in some way.

I'm sure there are a number of people that are getting tired of the Israel-Iran situation and even though I'm more for peace than war, I say, if Israel wants to strike Iran then go for it and let the West, epecially Canada, stay out of it. If they start throwing around nukes in the area then we know peace will come down the road when all are dead. BUT... I have a feeling the way that Harper has treated Israel, that he would involve our military in some way.

Well Canada is an Ally of Israel, Iran isn't. Preserving the only real democracy in the region is something worthwhile, I'd say.

Well Canada is an Ally of Israel, Iran isn't. Preserving the only real democracy in the region is something worthwhile, I'd say.

I know Canada has an embassy in Iran. I don't know if it has one in Israel.

If its worth something to you go fight, or write a check to the IDF.

I would pay a dime help any of the retards in that dump. Let em fight.

• 3 weeks later...