Best argument for not striking Iran i've heard yet

Yup, provided of course youre prepared to completely ignore all historical definitions of the word "fascism". :D, and adopt a simplistic slogan that is essentially the intellectual equivalent of them calling us the "The Great Satan".

Um....

Could you please explain the Grand Mufti meeting with Herr Schickelgruber???

Could you explain the ethno/religious supremacy of the Islamofascists IF it is not "fascistic" in thought or in political practice?

Is it not only possible,but highly likely,that these religious zealots learned to co-opt political fascism into thier version of the Islamic faith by learning it from their Ba'Athist (Pan-Arab Nationalist) task masters?....I'm thinking about the likes of Abdel Gamal Nassar(Anwar Sadat,Hosni Mubarek),The Assad's (father and son),The Shah of Iran,Saddam Hussein,General Suharto,Ferdinand Marcos etc...?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um....

Could you please explain the Grand Mufti meeting with Herr Schickelgruber???

Could you explain the ethno/religious supremacy of the Islamofascists IF it is not "fascistic" in thought or in political practice?

Is it not only possible,but highly likely,that these religious zealots learned to co-opt political fascism into thier version of the Islamic faith by learning it from their Ba'Athist (Pan-Arab Nationalist) task masters?....I'm thinking about the likes of Abdel Gamal Nassar(Anwar Sadat,Hosni Mubarek),The Assad's (father and son),The Shah of Iran,Saddam Hussein,General Suharto,Ferdinand Marcos etc...?

None of that does anything to prove your point. Iran is a conervative theocracy and behaves the same way that conservative theocracies have for thousands of years. Theres some things that theocracies have IN COMMON with the facists... they can both be authoritarian, they can both appeal to nationalism etc. But fascism is a word use to describe a specific blend of political and economic ideology.

The real reason you use that term is simply because it sounded like a catchy slogan at one point. Kinda rrrrrrolls off the toungue :P And fascism has become a universal epithet for everything bad in the world so whenever anyeone is talking about someone they dont like theyll try to squeeze it in there.

Oh you mean the prodominantly christian army sent to invade the middle east by a born again christian that says he heard god tell him to do it?

You're right. They had no choice but to kill, kill, kill due to lack of respect for their Holy Book (PBUH).

You're right. They had no choice but to kill, kill, kill due to lack of respect for their Holy Book (PBUH).

Most of the "killing" Iran has been involved in have been garden variety wars over territory and realestate, or support for Shia proxies in other countries. Same kinda shit we kill for.

Most of the "killing" Iran has been involved in have been garden variety wars over territory and realestate, or support for Shia proxies in other countries. Same kinda shit we kill for.

The last outburst of Islamic love was over the apparent accidental burning of books. That's not the same sort of s**t we kill for.

this is all about power.

it's wrong to believe that they allow religion to guide them. they use religion and their interpretation and the manipulation of it to justify their actions.

what do most of these horrible people have in common? their positions and power make them and their gang a lot of money. they don't give a shit about religion.

those who are in power in iran are not about to lose their power by doing something suicidal, like attack israel. not with nuke carrying u.s. subs pointing right at them from the persian gulf. why would they want to lose all of the wealth they've accumulated in the 30 years they've been in power? they control three of the biggest industries in iran; oil, banking and construction.

so they will poke and piss off people around them just enough to be disliked so that they have an enemy. an outside enemy and a state of emergency allows for more grip and control of the country.

you can see a similar scenario in varying degrees all around the world including in israel and u.s.

Why was Persia renamed Iran, dre?

I dont think that has any relevance, because youre probably just going find more ways to link Iran to fascists, and those links are completely besides the point. Fascism is a political/economic system, and regardless of Irans history is with various fascists, thats just objectively not the economic/political system that Iran has.

But as far your question goes, Iranians have referred to their country as "Iran" since about 1000 years before the birth of christ.

The last outburst of Islamic love was over the apparent accidental burning of books. That's not the same sort of s**t we kill for.

Iran is being attacked for something they MIGHT do in the future. I's like locking you up because you MIGHT do something bad.

I thought we lived in a world where innocent stands until proven guilty. And don't give me the sham scam rhetoric that is the same as the crap we heard regarding Iraq. Sure we can trot out Mufti again if it suits your purpose, I mean others bring up important facts about history, but who cares right? Depends who wrote history.

The first casualty of war is the truth.

Edited by GostHacked

I dont think that has any relevance, because youre probably just going find more ways to link Iran to fascists, and those links are completely besides the point. Fascism is a political/economic system, and regardless of Irans history is with various fascists, thats just objectively not the economic/political system that Iran has.

But as far your question goes, Iranians have referred to their country as "Iran" since about 1000 years before the birth of christ.

I'll find a way? Let's let history do that. Both Iran and Iraq had their moments of thinking Hitler was 'The Man'. Reza Shah changed the name to impress his new buddy in Berlin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reza_Shah

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axis_powers#Iraq

Speaking of Shahs, so did one of America's First Families.

So the American government sided with Nazi Germany? I don't think so. If you're refering to individuals, then sure. It wasn't illegal for the moment to do business with Germany. Plus, America is a country that values individual freedom more than the rest of us.

But, this is somehow supposed to cancel-out Iran and Iraq's move to join the Nazi fun...after the war started I'll point out. How so?

None of that does anything to prove your point. Iran is a conervative theocracy and behaves the same way that conservative theocracies have for thousands of years. Theres some things that theocracies have IN COMMON with the facists... they can both be authoritarian, they can both appeal to nationalism etc. But fascism is a word use to describe a specific blend of political and economic ideology.

Hence the term "Islamofascism" in this case...

The political and economic argument,at least in the modern sense of the term,would be China...